Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Noob confessions and questions..

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Blanket, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Blanket

Blanket IncGamers Member

Noob confessions and questions..

Hello.

Quickly, Ive played since LoD came out.. But got sidetracked with MMORPGs. My highest char was a 68 assasin, got into nightmare hell and that was about it.

Ive come back to the game with quite an enthusiasm, I really want to see the high end items and challenges that Ive read about here for so long. Ive always come here for my info. But I have some specific questions..

1. "The Pit".. "Pit Runs".. Now from what Ive gathered, the pit is in or around the Tamoe Highland.. Does it not exist in Normal difficulty? I clear every map, and I have no idea where it is.. *scratches head*

2. Is there a limit to how long your items can sit on the ground before they disappear? Many times, just for simplicities sake.. Ill throw runes, gems, gear and such on the ground if there isnt room in storage.. Then go through it all after.. Sometimes things disappear. Sometimes they dont...

3. Can a person join the ladder at any time? Or is it best to wait for a new season?

4. When starting a new char. I go through normal first and set it at players 8 for the first act, get to about level 20. Then tone it down to players 4 for act II and just leave it there.. (Saves the beating on my Merc..) Now for Nightmare is it fine to set it at players 8 or 4 or whats appropriate? Im an ok player, I just leveled up my 4th char in a few days through normal.. I want to get one of each type so I can get used to different chars.. All are level 43.. So crank up the player level or no?

5. Is there a good way to stop my Merc from getting murdered in the Chaos Sanctuary? The knights, especially if theres a big spawn sometimes drop him faster than Diablo himself.. I fight Diablo alone, no use wasting cash just to kill the merc again.. But the Knights are freaking annoying with that Iron Maiden..

6. Is there a significant difference in going either WereBear or Werewolf other than playstyle? (Advantages/Disadvantages)

Theres probably a hundred more questions Ill have.. But I just wanted to ask a couple, especially the "Pit" question...

Ive looked around here for specific answers, but frankly.. There is toooo much good information, and if I was busy reading through all of it.. Id never get to play.. :)

Thank you in advance.

:thumbsup:

2. MapleBarb

MapleBarb IncGamers Member

#1 the pits are in tamoe island. What most people do to run them quick is take the outer cloister wp and then follow the road to tamoe island. And its a cave there.

#2 yes there is. I dont recall the time they can sit. But I do know that items like keys dissapear rather quickly

#3 from your note sounds like you play single player. So there's no ladder there. In order for you to play ladder you have to play bnet and start a ladder char. Yes you can start one at any point. and ladder, in my opinion, has advantages over non since it allows you to put ladder only runewords together (among other things). Once a new ladder starts (and btw NO ONE knows when that will happen so asking about it would just get your note locked) all your equipment and chars you have in ladder would go non ladder. and in order for you to play ladder again you'll have to start again with no equipment.

#4 I'd say keep doing it the way you are confortable with. there's no right or wrong way of playing this game as long as you're having fun with it

#5 knights are always a pain. specialy with act2 mercs that get im and then think they're the king of the jungle and attack. What I sometimes do if my merc gets im and I have time is: open a tp, go to town and heal us. then go back.

#6 sorry cant answer that question. Only times I played a druid was a windy. And I wasnt the biggest fan of them so he ended up being a mule where I store items in lol

hope these answer your questions

3. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

1. Yes, the Pit is in the Tamoe Highland. It also exists in the same place in Normal and Nightmare difficulty, although it's only worth running in Hell. If you can't find it, take the Outer Cloister waypoint, then backtrack and follow the path, which eventually branches off into 2 directions. One leads to the Great Marsh; the other leads to the Pits.

2. White and socketed items dissapear faster than unique, set, rare, and magical items. The AS lists the time as "white/grey items dissapear if left on the ground for 15 minutes, and uniques, sets, rares, and magic items dissapear if left on th ground for about an hour", although I don't know how accurate that is.

3. One can join the Ladder season any time, although you may only do so with a new char, not an existing NL one.

4. This depends entirely on what kind of gear and build you're playing. If you lucked out and happen to find something decent while you play and/or you play a powerful build (ie. Hammerdin), pumping up the players count might be good. On the other hand, if your equipment is subpar and/or you're playing an underpowered build, pumping up the players count might not be such a good idea. Note that you can only use the /players x command on Single Player and Open B.Net, not on the closed realms.

5. Learn the sound that Iron Maiden makes when it is cast. As soon as you hear it, run and hope your merc follows you. Also, unless you're dependant on your merc to kill immunes for you, you could just ditch him until the end of the run and revive him just to help kill Diablo for you. Just sell some monster loot to help pay the reviving cost. Another option is to equip your merc with some low damage weapon, so that he doesn't poke himself to death if Iron Maiden is cast upon him.

6. Druid forum. :tongue:

4. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Banned

damnit, Evrae, pwned again!

5. Blanket

Blanket IncGamers Member

Thanks so much for your answers!

(On a stupid moment note..

I had thought that "The Pit" was some secret area I hadnt seen. Not just the cave in Tamoe.... *slaps head*)

6. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

I'll answer the druid question!
    Werebears have terrible problems with AR. Their skills also aren't so good except for fire claws.

7. Elgar

Elgar IncGamers Member

That would be black marsh and not great marsh, right?

8. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

Yes.
    10 char