noob - Charsi Imbue Item Questions

infinitekydeem

Diabloii.Net Member
noob - Charsi Imbue Item Questions

1st, Is the only relevant variable the base item you give to Charsi? I've got a druid spirit helm, but it doesn't have any of the abilities on it. I know it can't be magic, but some none magic items have abilities. Since when Charsi does imbue an item it doesn't retain any of the previous abilities, I was wondering if it makes any difference if there were any there to begin with? Or does the fact that it had abilities mean that what she does make will be more powerful even though it will be different abilities?

2nd, Someone else said you should only imbue gloves, belts, or boots. Because the weapons, armor, helms, and shields can have sockets to make improvements better than Charsi can do. Is this right?

3rd, If I understand correctly, you're supposed to play through the whole game twice (or is it three times) to really beat the game. Will Carsi only imbue an item once for each character for it's entire existence? Or is it once for each time you go through the game?

Thanx.

MaxMax

Diabloii.Net Member
1) No, any stats before imbuing is ireleavant. The item will be re-rolled. (entirely new stats)

2) All up to you. However people tend to imbue; circlets, gloves, belts and druid pelts

3) You will get all quests, on 3 difficulties. So 3 times!!

Note: the lvl you are and where you find the item also matters.

infinitekydeem

Diabloii.Net Member
1) No, any stats before imbuing is ireleavant. The item will be re-rolled. (entirely new stats)
Ok, good that helps.

...people tend to imbue; circlets, gloves, belts and druid pelts
What's a circlet? I don't remember seeing anything called that.

3) You will get all quests, on 3 difficulties. So 3 times!!
WHOOT!!!

...where you find the item also matters.
So I'll get a better result if I wait and find another spirit mask from act 4 evn if I'm the same level?!?

GotFriana

Diabloii.Net Member
I ll try to answer some of your questions but I dont remember all of it... :S
First if you complete the Imbue quest in every difficulty level you will get 3 oportunities to Imbue items, the game has 3 difficulties Normal, Nightmare and Hell. As for the items themselves it is common practice to only use the items you were told about (gloves, belts, boots) because for weapons and armors the rare modifiers that can spawn arent as good as some plain magic modifiers. And usually the unique items of the same kind and or rune words are better than most rares for armors and weapons. Another posibility to Imbue are Circlets, these can have different rare modifiers.
Second the result you get from the imbue depends primary on your character level, this means you dont necesarily need to spend your imbue quest right away, if you go to the next difficulty with that same character you do not loose the Imbue oportunity (this also applies to Larzuk's socket quest in act5). So you can wait untill you are high level before you come back to use the 3 Imbue quests.
Finally if Im not wrong the item level itself is also a variable, it is not the same to give a cracked sash to Charsi than an elite spiderweb sash for example.
The result is mainly random but there are modifiers that can only spawn if you are of a certain level, and the item is of the right type (certain items cannot get some modifiers like belts will not recieve +skills for example but gloves can), so if you are looking for something in particular you will have more chances of getting that if you are the right level and no chance at all if you are not high enough to get it. (it may be a bit more complex than this but in general is how it works, iirc).
To know more about this you could check some lists of rare modifiers and level requirements.

(and I hope someone corrects me if I said something not quite accurate)

Are

Diabloii.Net Member
What's a circlet? I don't remember seeing anything called that.
It's a special type of Helm, and comes in four varieties: Circlet, Coronet, Tiara, and Diadem.

One of the main reasons people imbue these is because they can get the +2 to skills mod (for instance, +2 to Sorceress Skills). You'll have to be relatively high level before you can imbue one that can get that mod though.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
From what I read, clvl doesn't matter.
Clvl does matter for everything except diadems because a diadem's affix level is guaranteed to be 99. It has a magic level and the affix level calculation will produce a result of at least base qlvl (85 or 86) + magic level (18) which gets capped at 99 then.