Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Noob BowBarian Desperately Sucking in Need of Help

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by diablonoobbowbarian, May 27, 2008.

1. diablonoobbowbarian

diablonoobbowbarian IncGamers Member

Noob BowBarian Desperately Sucking in Need of Help

I'm making a Bowbarian based off this build
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=316298

My question is I want to make a character like this guy is talking about
    The only problem is, right now my barb is a level 12. I have the bow from Andariel. I have 6 in shout, and the rest in prereqs and 1 leap.

I do like hardly any damage at all with just by measley bow and arrows. My question is, how did that bowbarian the guy in the quote above is describing get that strong if bows do like no damage?

Barbs have skills like stun and bash. If I use those skills with my bow as my weapon, will i shoot stunning, or bashing arrows? What is the easiest way to achieve knockback with a bow? I'm sorry but right now my guy is sucking pretty bad, I'd just like some info on if he'll ever get better and how to use him properly.

2. diablonoobbowbarian

Re: Noob BowBarian Desperately Sucking in Need of Help

when im leveling is it easier to use a bow or should I just use weapon and shield? What is quicker because with bow it is taking like 2-3 hits to kill one little grunt in act 2 normal mode as a level 14 with Andariels bow

I am a complete noob, can any one give me some speed leveling help or point me to some nice sites for how to speed level solo without getting rushed through by friends? or is that the only way to speed level?

3. prion

prion IncGamers Member

you have to have very specific items to make a bowbarian work. barb combat skills do not work with a bow, in fact the barb has NO skills that do anything to a bow, so all damage comes from gear and dex.

so part of why he's strong:
    dream adds lightning damage
    fortitude adds 3oo% ED
    faith is a sweet bow that gives fanaticism aura

This is all somewhat expensive gear as well.

since you are new to the game I highly recommend putting this guy on hold and picking something else.....anything else....

4. diablonoobbowbarian

how do you get knockback on it though? Also how expensive can it possibly be? Banks can only stash 150,000, so how much can people charge for those items? Also those people who sell them, where do THEY get them from?

5. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

So expensive you can't buy those items with any amount of Gold...
    Many Top end PVP builds don't work well PVM anyhow, High level PVP is for people that have done everything and can Rush a PVP build to hell so he does not have to level - he levels just by being close to the others that are killing. With the kind of items you are talking about the items are traded for with High runes and unique Elites etc, or sadly are Dupes bought for real cash from websites we don't discuss here.

6. diablonoobbowbarian

SO you can't find them in game anywhere?

7. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

Of the stuff you mentioned each item was made by combining 4 to 7 other items and almost all of the items needed to make one are them are only are found after say 100 hours of playing, that just a rough estimate and I know some of the needed items are found only after say 1000 or 10,000 hours of playing.
    Hackers Dupe items however which means that a lot of items that are traded for are more common than they would be otherwise but again I can't really go in depth on that - I would love to see a community forum sticky that at least explains how the economy grew in the game for newcomers but it's not likely to happen, I see you are out of the SP forums and reading guides so you should be well on the way now anyhow.

8. diablonoobbowbarian

Who do people combine and craft items? i don't understand that part, theres no ccrafting skill or anything

9. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

10. andrewexd

andrewexd IncGamers Member

I reccomend you make a sorceress for your first characer as it is proabably the easiest to find items with. If you insist on using bow at least make a bow amazon.