noob barb q with eq question

jdmoney

Diabloii.Net Member
noob barb q with eq question

some guy i know is qutting and ive never made a barb before. He is giving me ebotd thunder maul, arreats face, enigma, ik belt and gloves, raven frost and carrion wind.

What build is best used for this stuff in pvm?

Thanks in advance, you guys rock.:thumbsup:

GreyGhost

Banned
jdmoney said:
What build is best used for this stuff in pvm?
I would say a leap attack barb, a concentrate barb, a zerker or even a whirler would all do okay with that equipment. Leap attack or Berzerk would probably be the most fun. You could even make a werewolf or werebear druid with that stuff.

Good luck!

jdmoney

Diabloii.Net Member
forgot to add i have wolfhowl helm as well so i guess i can mimic the werewolf on him if i want. is that wise?

Halciet

Diabloii.Net Member
jdmoney said:
do people ever do max ww and max conc in same build?
They do, but it is a bad idea. You should never max two attack skills, unless one is an important synergy for the other. The reality of it all is that even if you maxed two, you'd only be using one of them 98% of the time, making the other 19-20 points wasted.

-Hal

Hemaka

Diabloii.Net Member
Gears sound kool for starters, might wanna update the IK setpieces on down the road, like Dracul's for gloves, that lifetap can be a huge lifesaver in PvM.. few more links too:

http://strategy.diabloii.net/searchcat.php?cid=27
multiple "PvM" barb builds

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=324489
ww guilde from the forum

also remember to use The Arreat Summit page as reference to skills/items

from personal experience, its your build, and your first barb probably won't be the last.. just play around with the correct strats n' hf with it :prop:

Halciet

Diabloii.Net Member
jdmoney said:
what build considering this eq do you recommend, hal?
It's a tough call with that weapon. The TMaul has HUGE damage, problem being that it's a little slow and has a fairly short range for whirlwind, and then the speed penalties really hurt it with things like Conc/Berserk.

However, due to the fact that the damage on the weapon is so high, you won't really have much of a problem with anything in PvM. Just pick a build you think looks the most entertaining and run with it :)

-Hal

sirwhere

Diabloii.Net Member
Ebotd thunder maul "a little slow" for whirlwind?? I beg to differ. 4 or 6 frames is pretty much the same, especially if you kill stuff in 1 hit :)

Hemaka

Diabloii.Net Member
those mauls are a lil' slower than alot of people prefer.. but yeah, don't get me wrong, the damage is still incredible :laugh:

Halciet

Diabloii.Net Member
Slower speeds = less hit attempts. All the damage in the world won't do you any good if you miss ;)

-Hal