Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Noob Alert !

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Tindil, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Tindil

Tindil Diabloii.Net Member

Noob Alert !

Hi guys, just joined HC yesterday as a friend of mine at school I just found out is on the US East HC ladder. Couple questions for ya if anyone has 2-3 minutes of time for me.

I was playing my first character, got up to lvl 19 and had a few hostiles along the way. In the middle of a tomb run came into my port to be 1 shoted by some chargadin. Are there that many pks in HC?

OK, I remade, same name n everything. Got to lvl 20, this is 5 or 6 hours after I first started and met someone nice enough to take me through a cow game or two. I was running around and was talking to a few people when somehow I instantly died. Some guy was standing next to me, suddenly I didn't see him and I was dead. I think somehow he instantly hostiled me I'm not sure, wtf is this and are people proud of this? Where is the skill...

Anyways, I'm remaking again, and I'm not sure what kinda pally to make. I don't have shi-t. Whats the best cheap build pally u can think of that is fairly easy to keep alive considering no one else is around lol. Think I'm gonna play by myself or with my bud only if no one is nice, .... I don't get it.

Anyways, back to the build, I was thinking of an avenger 20 in shield 1 in veng rest in synergies (if I don't die before then) or a frost or shockadin. What do you think is the cheapest build I can do that won't totally suck if I don't have good gear?

Thanks in advance if anyone bothers to read all this : )

2. linkato1

linkato1 Banned

Because of similiar reasons I stopped on playing in Bnet.

Come join us on SP forum. You'll find there nice people who are willing to play in MP TCP/IP games if you want to play in MP without pk's.

Topi

3. mhl12

mhl12 Diabloii.Net Member

try hooking up with ppl here to play on hardcore. You won't get bsed along the way.

Also don't bypass the word filter like that. The mods dont like it.

4. Aerath

Aerath Diabloii.Net Member

Yes, PKs and TPPKers run rampant. The first part I couldn't care less about (they can be avoided anyway), the second part is a nuisance.

For untwinked play, I must say that a paladin isn't generally speaking the character of choice. Safest character would probably a Holy Freeze zealot though.

Easiest way to avoid PKs etc is to play in passworded games.

5. Tindil

Tindil Diabloii.Net Member

I'm sorry I don't know what the SP forum or MP is lol.

Oh and sorry about bypassing filter earlier someone mentioned that I think I'll avoid doing that in the future : )

6. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet Diabloii.Net Member

What happened to you in that cow lvl was the guy shot something at you and instantly TPed to town and hostiled just as the projectiles hit you. This is what people are referring to when they say TPPK. It takes some experience to know what kind of character and behavior to look out for, so just be careful and try to play away from people you don't know.

Avengers are decent killers when played cautiously. I made one in season one, so I'd just make a few suggestions.

The synergies to Vengeance are the single resist auras. Every two points in them will increase your max resist to that element by 1%, so it's a good idea to disperse your points evenly between the three.

First thing you want to do is throw some points in Holy Shield so that you have decent blocking without having to dump a ton of stats into dex. Then start dispersing your points between the single resist auras. Then start pumping Conviction as soon as possible. Your skill placement should look something like this:

10 Resist Fire
    10 Resist Cold
    10 Resist Lightning
    20 Conviction
    20 Holy Shield
    1 Vengeance
    1 Vigor
    1 Redemption
    1 Salvation

Low lvl runewords are your friends. A 'Steel' Flail (Tir El) will get you further than you think. Later on you might want to make 'Rhyme' (Shael Eth) in a 2-socket Pally shield with resists. 'Black' (Thul Io Nef) is also a good low- to mid-lvl weapon. The ideal Merc for this build will be Nightmare Act 2 Defensive.

7. rawrj

rawrj Diabloii.Net Member

you said to play in passworded games, i know for a fact that there is a hack out that gives you the pass word, cause i pissed off this guy in SoL bak at the beginning of the ladder and he went after me every game i joined even if it pass worded like something random you know, forums//asfdyuoit something like that and he would still join but i dont know if it still about or if its been patched, and this was in season 2, btw he never got me just wasnt stupid enough to leave town :p