Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

non item dependant builds

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by kneelowangeloh, Mar 24, 2005.

1. kneelowangeloh

kneelowangeloh IncGamers Member

non item dependant builds

i just got realm down while transferring some of my friends items over to my account .. i lost tals armor, the leviathan, gargoyle bite, and 5 ists, + about 5 more ists worth of lower runes. he doesnt play often but i really want to pay him back. i just started playing again because i had quit for WoW and when i returned everything was expired. If you could list some builds for anyclass that really arent very item dependant, i would appericiate it very much. Im going to do constant hell baal and maybe cow and meph runs and teleporting isnt my strong suit. please help me

2. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

summoner necro.......

3. cotton

cotton IncGamers Member

If you are talking about COMPLETELY item independant builds, summon necro is about the only thing I can come up with.

Hammerdins and several sorc builds can be effective, as well, with fairly low-range gear.

4. Killer_sss

Killer_sss IncGamers Member

hammerdins are great being item dependent all u need to find is a 4 socket sword make a spirit (cheap runes) get 156 str find a monarch shield either 4 sockets or a plain one if plain use socket quest and get 4 sockets in it then make a second spirit. also any sorc with frozen orb is extremely easy to play without much gear. just pick another skill you like thunderstorm, nova, fireball,metor,firewall,ect and you can deal with most immunes and your merc should be able to handel the rest of imunes if you use telekenisis for knockback to help your merc. :thumbsup: also pheonix strike assassains with teleport kick are extremly powerful even with everyday crap. and as before summon necros.

5. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Avengers. All you need is to keep shooting for the highest damaging weapon possible. Plus skills are considerably less important for the build.

I think Bone Necros do alright with items you can find as you go, but without marrowwalks you lose some diversity. I always seem to have a reasonably easy time of finding decent rare necro skill items though.

D-Talon Kicksins are very gear independant and their damage is based entirely on getting the highest quality boot possible. They can also pick up rare claws with good skill mods without having to worry about claw quality or damage. Furthermore, Fade gives them a huge defensive boost against everything and 1 point in Blade Fury gives them a strong ranged attack. I also love not having to carry keys.

6. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

i find summoner necro with max skeleton and max skeleton mastery, max poison nova, 1 point in lower rest wit rest of you points going in to poison synergies to be the best build that dont count on items. the skeletons along can get you pass hell, and the poison nova is a really big help to then, it over takes monster life regen and once one moster dies CE can take down themm mobs fast.

you can use p topazed gear, can spirit a sword and shield will give you +skill, mana and fcr. you can then do pit runs (cave in tome highland) with out much of a fight. build your army with the monsters in nihlathaks place where you find pindelskin, you can kill pindle then run off to the pit. pindle can drop nice items to sell but you find that the pit is a nice place to get socketables witch sell well these days and this dont depend on mf to find the socketables. you just need to find out with socketables ppl look for like seperior archon plates, ethereal berserker with 5 or 6 sockets, and elite pally shields with 40+ res (ethereaal ones can sell very well, vortex shield is what you looking for here.)

other way to find stuff is, make a blizzard sorc and run pindle, meph and andy. this can get you mid class items like war travs, hoz, shako and stuff like this that you can use to make a better mfing character, or just upgrad the sorc herself.

rerolling grand charms from hell with 3 pgems can be a good way to get currency, cuz 1/2 of the skill charms can sell for pul or better, pally combats go for ist each about on the ladder realms.

good luck :)

7. slappy sam

slappy sam IncGamers Member

Nightfish's Fishymancer, a meteorb, or a hammerdin are all popular. I'd suggest starting with the sorc for teleport, but thats just me. Wiz spike isawesome for a poor sorc-get one of them. What realm are you on? I can probably help.

8. YogiRat

YogiRat IncGamers Member

Ah, you forgot that Pally only sheilds can spawn with 4 sockets. A pally can use two Spirits at level25.

A frostmaiden bowzon is pretty item independent.

9. ArchAngel Tiberrius

ArchAngel Tiberrius Banned

As already stated a Summoner necromancer is the best build for a player who has no items and is concerned about item dependancy. It also depends upon whether you are prepared to stick with the playing style.

I would suggest staying in the Pit (Act I, Tamoe Highland) and doing some MF runs there. If you are simply after items, players 1 is all that is required, if you are after experience as well scale them up. Be mindful at the higher settings killing will be slower.

I do not believe a Sorceress is as item dependany as suggested. A mediocre item setup and smart play will get you where you need until you can yield better items.

A Hammerdin can also be done fairly item free as long as you're aware of what you are doing.

10. Jaimes

Jaimes IncGamers Member

Give me max resists and 63% FCR on a sorc and I can run Meph all day, easily.

This is easily acheived with Wizspike/Vipermagi (or Que-hagan's)/Moser's or maybe Oculus/Vipermagi/Moser's (Frostburns are good too)

Get that setup (5-10 pgems for Vipermagi, less for Que-hagan's, 3-6 for wizspike, 3-6 for moser's) and you can do Meph over, and over, and over. Until your eyes bleed. And then some. I'm at run #410 and I'm still not bored, which is pretty amazing because I get bored extremely fast.

Edit: You'll want to make a blizz sorc to take advantage of the above gear.

Max Blizz
    Max Cold Mastery
    1 point in Teleport and prereq's
    1 point in Shiver Armor and prereq's
    Then in this order, max first Ice Blast then Glacial Spike then Ice Bolt (you won't finish the last synergy)

Then, teleport following your character's left hand after you arrive at Durance of Hate level 2 waypoint. 75% of the time this will find the entrance more quickly than if you went right, and maybe 25% of that time the entrance will be <5 seconds away. The other 25% of the time.. the entrance is gonna be in the middle of the map instead of on the edge, or exactly to the right of the waypoint. But hey, it's the best way to tele Meph IMO.

Then you just teleport through the wall, past the minions, over the moat. Lure Mephisto to EITHER side of the portal, depending on where the mobs are located. teleport across moat and proceed to blizz him. It will probably take only about ten seconds.

Usually, the safest place will be the left side of the moat. If you're really tricking, you can screw around with Mephisto's AI and get him stuck in the corner just to the right of the first set of stairs. This is a good idea if both sides of the moat are dangerous.

It's important to stay relatively safe during the kill so you can switch to your MF weapons for the kill. Even go so far as to kill the superunique Council pack if they will interfere with the kill (plus they can drop gold and the occasional unique - I've found a Manald Heal and a Cerebus' Bite from them so far :p). I use Wizspike/Moser's for teleporting but for the kill I switch to my Oculus/Milabrega's Shield, giving me an extra 70% MF. It's not much but hey most everything I wear, I found myself so I say that's not too shabby :)

To be honest, this MFing setup blows any other legitimate MFing setup out of the water. It's simple, piss easy, and fast. You can set up this sorc in 2-3 days of leveling, smart trading and Baal running and then be MFing from there. And you *will* find nice stuff, just be patient. I personally know no better way to start MFing than this.

Double Edit: A blizzard sorc rocks in a party too. Anything non-CI you will rock, unless there are more than 3 players in the game. You can solo your own Hellforge, too, if you get River of Flame w/o Cold Immunes (keep making games until you get on w/o CI, it's fairly common)

11. Singollo

you can max blizzard, its synergies and cold mastery with 1 in siver armor, teleport and warmth you will just ave to hit lvl 97 or so :(

the blizzard sorc is by far the best meph runner this game has seen yet. but meph cant drop many items that sell for high values, so you may want to do pindle too or baal. easy way to do baal is, join baal run games and sometimes eveyone leaves to go to next game leaving you alone to kill baal, wait till everyone takes off and you can kill him with base life.

12. chrisng

chrisng IncGamers Member

Your crazy. Since we're talking about the impossible, why not ask if you can kill Diablo with a lvl1 char?

13. ZoeS

ZoeS IncGamers Member

Listen to what this guy say. You will be rewarded.

14. ArchAngel Tiberrius

ArchAngel Tiberrius Banned

Technically he isn't crazy. A Skellymancer can complete what he wishes.

15. Singollo

i had hammerdin in ladder one who was my 1st character in the new ladder only setting. he was able to run baal solo with untwinked gear, the only thing i ran from was them bloody souls but once i fond tgod thay were no trouble.

you can run baal in hell with any character, all you need is time and to take as few monsters as you can not runing in to big mobs. as long as you know what you are doing as far as getting max resist, high def, max block and placing your skills/stats. you should have lil trouble dealing with baal runs in untwinked gear, just know what your limits are. it can be done with many builds and all the answers lie with in these forums. pick your character, find out witch builds are best for soloing through the game. it seems each class has a build that can do this, see the class forums and read up on everything abot that character, learn it well and you can meet this task of running baal with "poor mans gear."