Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

No update on 10 year anny? REALLY?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Bad Ash, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Bad Ash

Bad Ash IncGamers Member

No update on 10 year anny? REALLY?

Boo-urns to Blizzard for not posting any update on D3 for the 10 year anniversary of D2.

I am dieing here for some info! For shame Blizzard.

anyone else dissapointed?

2. korialstraz

korialstraz IncGamers Site Pal

Re: No update on 10 year anny? REALLY?

A bit actually. If no info on D3, then at least some easter egg or another for D2. Or some small content update or... something!

3. raveharu

raveharu IncGamers Member

You can forget about getting any updates until Blizzcon comes.

Well at least we get a picture of D2 + D3 characters :guiness:

[​IMG] - Taken from FB

4. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

[​IMG]

Pretty sad indeed , deserves a double shot !!

5. Flux

Flux Administrator

And no Assassin/Druid love? Has D2X been written out of the series now, the way Hellfire and the original Monk was?

Every April Fool's gets half a dozen website features and in-game treats from Blizzard. The 10th anniversary of D2 gets... a quick page of pablum and an image that one of their graphic design guys must have spent almost his entire lunch hour to slap together in PS. Priorities!

It's almost as if all of the D1 and D2 developers left the company under fairly acrimonious terms more than 5 years ago.

Oh wait...

6. Bad Ash

Bad Ash IncGamers Member

totally true about april fools day. It would probably take them 25% the time to upload 10 new screenshots, or 5 new concept art, or ONE more monster update that we've even already seen in screenshots. Bashiok didnt even answer ANY questions.

even though the developers left no reason to basically dissapoint an entire fan base by not telling us one single new piece of info even if it wasnt big.

7. permaximum

permaximum Banned

It's always been Warcraft, Starcraft and Diablo for Blizzard since they left the company. It's like Batman & Robin.

Diablo is the only franchise Blizzard did not create. After the departure of it's creators, Blizzard's approach on Diablo is normal.

8. Slevinn

Slevinn IncGamers Member

I agree. I understand they're saving their info for BlizzCon, but SOMETHING. Come on. One new piece of little tiny morsel of info.

And I didn't even notice the lack of Druid and Assassin in the picture. I wonder why they did that?

9. Flux

Flux Administrator

I explained some of the details on the main page news, but just to repeat. The image used is Blizzard North's 1999 Xmas card. (I actually have one still, in a drawer somewhere. They used to mail them out to fansites and others.) Some Bliz artist took that image and edited out the trees and edited in the known D3 chars.

I don't know why they didn't also add in the Druid/Asn; quite possibly they just never thought of it, or didn't have the original game art assets to extract a good 3D view of the chars that could be posed?

Or possibly they thought to put up some kind of 10th anniversary thing at the last minute, prompted by fans celebrating it, and none of their artists could be bothered to create new artwork, or even to draw in an Asn/Druid into that old pic. So we got pasted in 3d versions of the new chars, since those are easy to get from D3. And then the whole thing was given that golden hue to scratch up the image quality and make the original art blend with the new 3D figures.

[​IMG]

10. korialstraz

@Flux: Not a bad theory, but I was thinking something more simple. They didn't include the druid and assassin, since they weren't released until the xpac of 2001 (I think it was). Thus they don't have the 10 year anniversary until next year.

11. Flux

Flux Administrator

You are more forgiving and compassionate than I. This is a good thing, for the world in general.

That said, if Bliz puts up a 10th anniversary of D2X next year, with artwork featuring the Druid and Asn also, I will eat my keyboard with BBQ sauce.

12. korialstraz

I wasn't trying to be forgiving or anything actually, just trying to wrap my head around why the druid and assassin was not included. Although my friends have told me I can be too kind at times. >_>

Eating your keyboard with BBQ sauce eh? I guess I should start mailing Blizzard for a D2X anniversary then, since a pic of that would be priceless! :jig:

13. Slevinn

Slevinn IncGamers Member

More than likely this.