Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

No sleep for me tonight

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Wraithan, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Wraithan

Wraithan IncGamers Member

No sleep for me tonight

So, I am not getting any sleep tonight because my g/f is in the hospitol with a possible ruptured spleen. I couldn't stay with her because i have school in the morning and my parents think that missing the morning of school will kill me.

I am lookin to make a new build tonight, because I will have the time and NEED something to distract me. I have been playing a frost zealot, and had a 65 fishymancer. I have crap for twink gear so something that doesn't need twinking sounds good to me.

2. corax

corax IncGamers Member

sorry to hear about your gf tode. I hope she's alright.

try some sort of sorc, or a bonecro, or a tiger strike sin.

3. Wraithan

I am considering the sorc, you guys think that Blizzfirewall, Metorb, or some other build is better. Not a big fan of lightning sorcs.

4. Gargame

Gargame IncGamers Member

sorry about your gf man.

I've always liked firewall myself, but I'm not too good with sorcs.

5. corax

corax IncGamers Member

blizz/fire wall is a good combo as firewall can be useable with a single skill point, 1 in FM then get a +3 firewall leaf staff, meteorb is good too.

what about a hydra sorc, or an enchantress ,or a blazer

6. sunbearie

sunbearie IncGamers Member

I think meteorb is easier than blizzfirewall in terms of playing so try that :)

Hope your gf will be alright.

7. ChaoticTwitch

ChaoticTwitch IncGamers Member

sorry to hear about you g.f. man, hope shes all good.

If you feel like building a character a little more chalanging, then i would recomend a hunter, tankazon, or maybe a bowasin or something. ive been working on all of these builds and all are very very fun. i to dont have a vast tweeking stash, so dont worry, it can work without a lot of tweeking :D .

cheers, C.T.

8. Dan334477

Dan334477 IncGamers Member

The night's already mostly over where I am, but I would suggest not playing Diablo and keeping your girlfriend in your thoughts. Two reasons: 1, I think learning to deal with stuff fully is invaluable (I'm against "happy" pills). 2, there have been numerous studies that show prayer actually works, so spend some time and pray for her quick recovery. If you're not religious (I'm not religious), just think about her.

Things like this happen rarely, so it's a good time to stop what you're doing and reflect...if you don't pass up the opportunity, that is.

9. corax

corax IncGamers Member

really? fascinating. do you have a link too one?

10. Rizzo

Rizzo IncGamers Member

Oh my, I can understand why you won't be sleeping much. Staying with her would probably do no good tho, as she needs to sleep and is probably very groggy. But I understand. I would stay with my gf in a similar situation. I hope she gets better soon mate.

Dan334477: Prayer doesn't work. Believing works. This has been studied and prooved. There was a test once, where a drug was tested. They also tested a blank pill along with it, but told the diseased that it worked. Believing it worked cured them almost as fast as the ones who got the drug that worked. More interesting tho, they were cured faster than the ones who got the pill that worked but was told it wouldn't work.

11. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

I think this only works to a certain extent...I absolutely hate all the people who run around and say they defeated cancer because they wanted to...no you defeated cancer because you got treatment, your strong will and dedication to overcoming cancer might have helped but without treatment=your dead. Sorry about your girlfriend Dan, hope she gets better soon, believer or not. A meteorb sorceress is great, mine did fairly well, although totally untwinked most builds are going to have problems unless you get some lucky quest drops. Mana shortage is especially annoying, but a Leaf staff shouldn't be out of your reach no matter how crap your gear is...should help a bunch through normal.

12. Randall

Randall IncGamers Member

I want to wish you luck with your GF.

My brother had the same once, he went to Intensive Care for a few days.

Randall

13. shermo

shermo IncGamers Member

Not sure I totally agree with that one. Sure drugs are thing that kills the cancer. But unless you're very strong willed etc... the drugs will probably kill you too.

Rizzo was talking about the placebo effect and it's very well documented. Don't underestimate the power of the mind

14. Llathias

Llathias Banned

actually, most cancer drugs mark the cancer cells for the auto-kill mechanism (today's lecture in med school). and stress is a major cause of immune system supression (a different lecture, also today).

however, of all those people dying from infectious diseases, i bet there were a few who believed they'd survive, or prayed to survive. obviously, neither drugs, nor beliefs don't work sometimes, but it's usually the lack of treatment that makes the problem more severe. (hence the reduced mortality parallel to technological/scientific advancement, despite the increase in stress/decrease in spirituality).

15. Nautilus

Nautilus IncGamers Member

You know, I was going to follow this hijack and add a comment myself but I figured that it'd be rather tactless in light of the situation.

Instead I'll just say I hope everyone's going to be okay.

16. Wraithan

She is out of the hospital, her spleen is just pretty enlaged, not ruptured. So she has to stay home for a couple days but she is fine and doesn't need surgery. I am really happy to know she is home though.

17. corax

corax IncGamers Member

hooray . drink for all :drink:

18. frosty

frosty IncGamers Member

Good to hear that. :clap:

Now get off the game and go keep her company. :D

19. Rizzo

Rizzo IncGamers Member

:clap:

I second Frosty's advice, but I bet you're already out of the door... :D

20. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Give her a big hug from all of us, and treat her well for a while, she'll be very thankful.