Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

no point of maxing block for posionmancer

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by snowy_angelaaa, Feb 25, 2004.

1. snowy_angelaaa

snowy_angelaaa IncGamers Member

no point of maxing block for posionmancer

if u wear bramble which most posionmancer would prefer, no melee will be able to kill u. due to the lvl21 thorn+lvl13 spirit . in that case. wouldnt it better to put those points in vit instead? plz comment

2. Dausuul

Dausuul IncGamers Member

First off, Thorns and Spirit of Barbs won't stop melee-ers from killing you. It might take a moment or two longer for a second monster to step over the corpse of the first, but you'll still die. Moreover, Hell difficulty monsters have so many hit points relative to the damage they deal that damage-returning effects aren't all that useful against them. There's a reason the Iron Maiden necro has gone out of fashion.

Second, melee isn't the only reason to have high blocking. Ranged attackers are much more dangerous than melee in 1.10. Your super-high damage return won't help you against Burning Dead, Stygian Furies, Council Member hydras, etc.

3. Beatboxer

Beatboxer Member

He posted this exact same comment in the PvP poison mancer thread, Dasuul so I beleive he might mean PvP.

In any case, snowy, thorns hits a heavy PvP penalty and does next to no damage from peoples reports.

Block for a poisonmancer is an option, not a necesary choice but probrably a good one in PvP.

Also are you a real person? Your posts seem robotic...Are you a post bot?:)

4. snowy_angelaaa

snowy_angelaaa IncGamers Member

lol.this kinda of bot wont walk the earth in the next 100 years

5. Beatboxer

Beatboxer Member

Your remark is slightly confusing but I'll accept it. :drink:

6. Harkenrider

Harkenrider IncGamers Member

I was wondering about block for a PvP Poisonmancer too.

Is it worth it to try to get max block when using Trang's Wing for the 3 part set bonus?

And as a Poisonmancer won't you be running alot anyway, bringing your chance to block and your defense down?

If these statements are true, wouldn't it be best to get Dexterity where you need it to equip yourself and then just pump Vitality? :scratch:

Just curious.

Thanks.

-Hark

7. belth

belth IncGamers Member

Necros have a lousy return for life per vitality, getting those P&B skillers with life and sc's of vita while maxing block would be a better option I think.

8. Beatboxer

Beatboxer Member

Ya I agree with belth on this one. You will be running alot but when you cast you stand and it's nice to have protection then.

Trang's wing has 60% Block on it, it's pretty good. I don't know dex values for 60%-75%. Probrably form 170-250.

9. belth

belth IncGamers Member

228 dex at 85 required for 75% block with TO Wing, 240 at 90.

Edit: +/-1, I'm just using Excel spreadsheet for calculating those and not sure which kind of rounding the game is using.

10. chien

chien IncGamers Member

IMHO, I'd go max block :) I have a poisonmancer with full trang's set with max block. He is doing extremely well in the Pits. I think with correct gears and combine with some minons (merc, clay, skelly), he can kill faster than my pure skellymancer (except poison immune that can't be broken by lower resis, but my merc and fire skills from trang's set can take care of them). Now, the only thing I need is a deathweb :clap:

11. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

if i'm not mistaken there is a bug with T/O set where you can't block :embarrass

12. chien

chien IncGamers Member

Oh, really? I didnt notice that since my poisonmancer is doing fine in Hell mode and can survive some shots from those archers.. Can somoone verify this? :scratch: If this is the case, then I waste my points for block?

13. spiderman2k9

spiderman2k9 Banned

I have a strictly PvM Poisonmancer for the pits. It absolutely owns with max block.. here's my gear:

um shako
    superior mage plate enigma
    28 maras
    um'd homoculus
    trangs gloves
    arachnids mesh
    2/2/-54/12/12 deaths web
    2x soj
    marrowwalks

charms:
    7xPnB charms
    anni
    5x19-20life/5all res sc's

I do 8.9k Pnova with 40%fcr, max block, and 1.9k life with lvl 19 bo from cta.

max block is a life saver. i rarely get hit so i'm never worried about my life. My bone armor absorbs 1025 dmg, so when it runs out i'm not in a panic to cast it again since i rarely get hit in the pits.

14. belth

belth IncGamers Member

You can block when using full Trang-Oul's, it displays the hit recovery animation (easy to test too). Bad thing is I haven't found the FHR tables for the vampire form...

15. chien

chien IncGamers Member

you can hear the sound of blocking, I guess. but I always play without sound :lol: I'd love to have bramble/enigma armor and deathweb but not, I am stick to full trang set and blackbog dagger :grrr:

16. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

well thats news to me...i've had many people including mad mantis report to me that due to a bug you can't block. Hmm...