Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

No... NO... Help me, please!

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Elu's Might, Mar 19, 2005.

1. Elu's Might

Elu's Might IncGamers Member

No... NO... Help me, please!

All of you HC forumers, I beg of you to save me!

I hold just now the WoW package in my hands and my hands are being drawed into installing it... I do not wish to fall into WoW and dump DII for ever!

(starts panicking when mouse goes over 'Install Now and Forfeit Diablo II Forever And The Forums Too')

(starts running in circles when WoW is one percent installed)

This forum is really dying because everyone falling to WoW... I will miss Diablo and all of you forumers :'(

-Elu Thingol, King Greycloak

2. Baranor

Baranor IncGamers Member

run while you can. we're going down anyway.

3. ToasterStrudel

ToasterStrudel IncGamers Member

Hey at least IM still here...

4. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

And that's supposed to make us feel better ? :eek:

5. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Diablo II>World Of Warcraft...when everyones done completing silly quests they'll come back looking for those elusive godly rares/runes..

6. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

The good thing about WoW is that once installed, you can still keep your Diablo II CD in the drive.

WoW is quite addictive though. Hard to return to DII except to refresh 90-day rule.

7. Jimi-

Jimi- IncGamers Member

traitors!!!!!!!!!

8. Dahkar

Dahkar IncGamers Member

Actually i didn't find it hard to stop wow, I played it got a 3x character and came back to d2.

9. Jules

Jules IncGamers Member

*also didnt find it hard to quit wow* i didnt think it was that great of a game, i personally hate the backround music and the fact that it is so unskilled as to you hit numbers 1-9 to attack its very repetitive and very boring. The talent tree is also a total flop compared to the skill trees in diablo.

10. Bonehead632

Bonehead632 IncGamers Member

Go Go Guild Wars 04/28/2005

11. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream IncGamers Member

WoW = overrated. That's all I have to say.

12. Elu's Might

Explain the overrated to the million monkeys out there.

Really, Blizzard gets my money ONCE again... darn.

13. jbshifter

jbshifter IncGamers Member

IMHO it is more fun baaling to get lvls in d2 than it is grinding in WoW to get lvls. Another point I'd like to make is while in d2 you can avoid tppk by doing private games you can't avoid "GANKERS" in WoW unless you find some really hegh ppl who will party with you, and trust me, after being "ganked" two to three straight times by the same person in the same nutral or your home territory you will take a break from the game as it just gets lame at that point.

14. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

That's why I started on a PvE server. No ganking there. Definitely would stop me playing if that kept happening. Also why PvP server doesn't interest me in the slightest at this stage - I like PvP in diablo much better compared with the 'duels' I've had so far.

I won't be caught out again though - which is why I keep my D2 accounts active!

15. Elu's Might

Good thinking, though PKing and doing PvP are still viable in WoW.

16. OldMan_Quiet

OldMan_Quiet IncGamers Member

As soon as Guild Wars comes out, I'm deleting all my characters and making one super-awesome paladin/barbarian. I'll have one character for pure dueling :lol:

17. WingBlade

WingBlade IncGamers Member

Unlike D2 - if you get ganked - you don't loose your char to the void....

Yes it can be frustrating @ times.... but it only reinforces the fact that you have to play smarter if you choose to go on a PvP realm...

I for one don't regret going on a PvP - I play on ILLIDAN.... HORDE 4 LIFE :D

And if you feel that getting ganked many times over is frustrating - then that is your cue to join either a PvE or RP server.

Diablo II can get lame as well... Multitudes of Meph / Baal / (insert name) runs can you do.... after a while you can almost do it with your eyes closed...

Just my 2 Copper ;)

18. cyradis2003

cyradis2003 IncGamers Member

Come to the darkside Elu ... you know you wanna!

I am loving WOW - it is prettier, there are more places to go, more interaction with the world around you, more things to do ... just more.

No looking at that same Baba cooking that same rabbit 40 times straight as you do baal runs.

I do agree though that grinding is not fun if you are doing it for lvls. I tend to quest for lvls and grind for cash and resources ... I know it winds up being the same since I am still grinding but at the end of the day I look at my 16 stacks of medium leather and assorted green items for sale/dechanting and think "wow - I rocked today!" instead of looking at my 2/3 lvl gained and thinking "man - I am getting nowhere"

Exploring is fun in WOW, at any given time you can take a walk and see completely new things ... Diablo is the same 3 acts over and over and over (no one really does act 2 and 3) and not just that but the same few areas in these acts.

Socializing is fun in WOW, I can wander around town and strike up conversations with dozens of people not just hug the stash and listen to PK taunts.

Most importantly ... I GET A BUNNY PET!!!!

I have set aside my gnome for the moment and am playing an elf Huntress and she has a tiger kitty pet and a mini kitty pet and she has a bow but is prettier than any zon. She is a skinner/ leather worker and I have fun gathering the raw materials and making new things with them. My gnome is an engineer - also fun to make new stuff ... exploding sheep anyone??? I have a Pally who makes her own armor.

It seems to me that whether you like the game or not depends on what you want to do in a game. It is like that SEAK thing that gets posted every now and then ( Social - Explore - Aquire- Kill was my personal designation meaning I play games to play with people and explore new places while the aquiring mass lootage and killing people and things were secondary to my enjoyment)

Anyway ... Hi everyone!!!!

*returns to WOW imposed Lurker status*

19. Taxed

Taxed IncGamers Member

GUILD WARS will rule the MMORPG genre when it gets released. Absolutely no point whatsoever to play world of warcraft.

20. WingBlade

WingBlade IncGamers Member

Aside from choosing what class you want to play.... U can only be one race ... right??? Human.. if thats the case - pssshhh :D

I enjoy having various toons... currently playing a Tauren Hunter * Undead Priestess