NO my mauler sucs

NO my mauler sucs

Well today i got my mauler to 75 and with griz caddy of course.

So i went duelign i got 18k ar and i do roughly 3.6-4k dmg when charged and well i suck a$$ i do no dmg and well this druid sucs. Griz is just to slow so i tried a 4 frame phase and again to slow. So i think this bear is scrapped
not sure tho

coldarmy13

Diabloii.Net Member
yeh there's something wrong here. my wolf lvl 77 does 2.2k fury dmg and he can kill lots of melee easily. list ur gear and we'll help u out.

dkay

Diabloii.Net Member
VictusMetuo said:
Wow... first time I've heard 4-Frame is too slow.
lol tats funny ---^

doesnt lvl also affect the ar a lot? possible that u dueled guys that are 89-99s?

im sure if he has grizz caddy (Most likely with 3 ias/ed +shael) then he would have real good equip? list anyways :D

Burnt_toasty

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmmmm,

A liste of gear would be indeed helpful.

You cant get higher than 4fpa on speed, how is that to slow?

Somethings smells fishy

coldarmy13

Diabloii.Net Member
Burnt_toasty said:
Hmmmm,

A liste of gear would be indeed helpful.

You cant get higher than 4fpa on speed, how is that to slow?

Somethings smells fishy
tuna sandwich.

now to be on topic, i'd have to say that lvl doesn't really affect chance to hit at all. my 77 fury wolf is hitting and killing 94+ barbs like i would kill a lvl 75 char. there's nothing that changes with lvl except block. lol man i wish 3fpa hunger were possible. if what kaz says is true[and most likely it is], then hunger leeches in pvp. can u imagine a 3fpa leeching pvper? oooo...damn...

memememe173

Diabloii.Net Member
I had a similar experience :

I was keeping my (1) NL (that I remember pass to) alive and noticed my Maul bear was still around

Jalas
Highlord's
6 sheal Phase
Storm
String
Gore
R-Frost
6 ll crafted
Lava gout maybe?

so i thought why not try him and he was OWNED

Zon w/ bow
then Zon w/ J/S
then Necro
then pally

IIRC the gear is decent so what was my problem (My first thought was just that I can't kill those people w/ Maul) but i knew if I said that I'd have everyone up in arms against me (and yes this is important cause I wanna rebuild on ladder [soon])

dkay

Diabloii.Net Member
memememe173 said:

I was keeping my (1) NL (that I remember pass to) alive and noticed my Maul bear was still around

Jalas
Highlord's
6 sheal Phase
Storm
String
Gore
R-Frost
6 ll crafted
Lava gout maybe?

Zon w/ bow
then Zon w/ J/S
then Necro
then pally

IIRC the gear is decent so what was my problem (My first thought was just that I can't kill those people w/ Maul) but i knew if I said that I'd have everyone up in arms against me (and yes this is important cause I wanna rebuild on ladder [soon])
ya thats wa tim talking about... my WW still gets his share of kills.... and i even messed up on him..... BAD (his dex is near 300+ i think cuz dex was boosting my ballista dmg but then i realized it didnt boost my axe dmg :D) ive gotten owned pretty hard by godly maulers back in 09.... havent dueled any lately ..... i wonder wats up then...

Burnt_toasty

Diabloii.Net Member
memememe173 said:

Jalas
Highlord's
6 sheal Phase
Storm
String
Gore
R-Frost
6 ll crafted
Lava gout maybe?

Zon w/ bow
then Zon w/ J/S
then Necro
then pally

I dont duel often but its kinda "easy" to see your problem. NOt meant as an offense btw.

Why Highlords? Highlords is an awesome pvm item but look, for pvp its case dependandt. Your already using a phase blade at 4fpa so the ias from higlords wont help. Therefore your wearing a +1 ammy into a duel. Think about that.

Why Goreriders? Goreriders is great also pvm but what is it gonna do pvp? Same thing as above. In fact your better off with 40% frw with good mods. LIke aldurs, ik or even nats. Skip the gores.

Why 6ll ring? Its so low and not only that your not gonna leech much to make it matter. Remember the penalties.

Why String? Same thing as above. Your talking pvm. At least get verdungous or something else that actually helps.

Why lavagouts? If your gonna be using a 4fpa phase wahts lava gout do for you? Almost nothing.

What armour?

Not meant to be critical but you need a wake up call. PvM and Pvp are totally different and require much research/experiance. If you simply build any old char , go out throw equipment on, then of course your gonna get owned. Your treating it like a pvm where you expect your opponents to be stupid. If you are gonna duel assume they are smart first. Then make a build to that actually takes taht into account. For example, I have a feeling you havent done any research because though a 4fpa phase blade is extremely fast. It has hardly any hitting power. You could have the best gear around and die everytime cause you cant kill them with your 4fpa phase. Thats an extremely poor choice IMO.

Im very conflicted over what to write and say or how to help. I responded to try and help. As I am writing this I can hear Voice's article about how we arent so nice anymore. But the truth is I think the best help I can give is to get one thing into the minds of duelers is that--> Dueling takes work. If you dont know where to start at times you should do some research. I dont consider your article research becuase alot of the basics are covered in these guides.

First thing you should do. Is find out what pvp penalties there are to certain things. And avoid relying on them.

Second thing you should do, when dueling you pour, and I mean pour everything you got into your main advantage. In other words concentrate on your strengths. In your case, a mauler, your basing dmg of your weapon. Whats the base dmg on a phase blade? Crap. If I were a mauler I'd find the fastest heeaviest killing weapon I could get.

Third. We covered your strengths. Now augment more things to boost those strengths wilst covering your weaknessess. Dont try to perfect your defense. Just get your defense good enough to last a few hits. Thus giving you time to land yours.

4th. If your melee pvp. ceratin things are a priority. Mobility, Offense, defnese. Mobility comes first. If you cant get to them for a swing then everything is crap. If you cant hit them or kill them in a few hits you've got issues. If you cant survive their few hits youve got issues. I never understand why a dueling mauler would choose to go blocking. Its not really worth it unless you can do prioritize correctly.

coldarmy13

Diabloii.Net Member
Burnt_toasty said:
I dont duel often but its kinda "easy" to see your problem. NOt meant as an offense btw.

Why Highlords? Highlords is an awesome pvm item but look, for pvp its case dependandt. Your already using a phase blade at 4fpa so the ias from higlords wont help. Therefore your wearing a +1 ammy into a duel. Think about that.

Why Goreriders? Goreriders is great also pvm but what is it gonna do pvp? Same thing as above. In fact your better off with 40% frw with good mods. LIke aldurs, ik or even nats. Skip the gores.

Why 6ll ring? Its so low and not only that your not gonna leech much to make it matter. Remember the penalties.

Why String? Same thing as above. Your talking pvm. At least get verdungous or something else that actually helps.

Why lavagouts? If your gonna be using a 4fpa phase wahts lava gout do for you? Almost nothing.

What armour?

Not meant to be critical but you need a wake up call. PvM and Pvp are totally different and require much research/experiance. If you simply build any old char , go out throw equipment on, then of course your gonna get owned. Your treating it like a pvm where you expect your opponents to be stupid. If you are gonna duel assume they are smart first. Then make a build to that actually takes taht into account. For example, I have a feeling you havent done any research because though a 4fpa phase blade is extremely fast. It has hardly any hitting power. You could have the best gear around and die everytime cause you cant kill them with your 4fpa phase. Thats an extremely poor choice IMO.

Im very conflicted over what to write and say or how to help. I responded to try and help. As I am writing this I can hear Voice's article about how we arent so nice anymore. But the truth is I think the best help I can give is to get one thing into the minds of duelers is that--> Dueling takes work. If you dont know where to start at times you should do some research. I dont consider your article research becuase alot of the basics are covered in these guides.

First thing you should do. Is find out what pvp penalties there are to certain things. And avoid relying on them.

Second thing you should do, when dueling you pour, and I mean pour everything you got into your main advantage. In other words concentrate on your strengths. In your case, a mauler, your basing dmg of your weapon. Whats the base dmg on a phase blade? Crap. If I were a mauler I'd find the fastest heeaviest killing weapon I could get.

Third. We covered your strengths. Now augment more things to boost those strengths wilst covering your weaknessess. Dont try to perfect your defense. Just get your defense good enough to last a few hits. Thus giving you time to land yours.

4th. If your melee pvp. ceratin things are a priority. Mobility, Offense, defnese. Mobility comes first. If you cant get to them for a swing then everything is crap. If you cant hit them or kill them in a few hits you've got issues. If you cant survive their few hits youve got issues.
just to let u know, highlord's + gores are good combo for mauler, since it's all physical. but a better pair of boots would be wartravs since they have + dmg, which boosts the pitiful phase's. but highlord's still is the best ammy imo.

Burnt_toasty

Diabloii.Net Member
coldarmy13 said:
just to let u know, highlord's + gores are good combo for mauler, since it's all physical. but a better pair of boots would be wartravs since they have + dmg, which boosts the pitiful phase's. but highlord's still is the best ammy imo.

I can c that. But hes using a phase blade. The setup is conflicted. Anyone have a simple solution to this? Its 3 am i cant think straight.

VictusMetuo

Diabloii.Net Member
You need a better sword first off. Truthfully the only reason I would not use ED/IAS is if I didn't have them, and then I would make sure to use AR/IAS at the very least. If you didn't Shael your SS, it's going to be an even bigger problem. String is ok, but Verdungo's blows it out of the water really. Gore's are ok, but Travs would do much better. You simply need more damage. Highlord's and Ravenfrost are good, and if your LL ring doesnt have 100+ AR on it, I'd ditch it for one. I wouldn't use Lavagouts either, not a lot appealing to me on them. I'd get Steelrends or probably any of those elite gloves, Venomgrips, or crafted gloves. So obviously there would be ways to improve your items alone, and you didn't mention what armor. Don't even know what type of charms you were using.

The thing is, you're not going to just go out there and PWN everyone, you have to learn the build. Judging on Bowazons and Bonehead Necs isn't going to please you either as those can be some of the harder duels. I don't know what type of Pally you faced either. The thing is you need to practice, get to know it, get to know your advantages. Really, if it was a simple "anyone can PWN with this build" I would have never bothered with it.

memememe173

Diabloii.Net Member
either I didn't state this clearly or you all missed it (Old 1.09 build)

so I needed 75% DR (string), storm is shealed, travs would be better but I wasn't quite rich enough to have that 1 more pair ATM I quit, Ya the 6ll ring did have other mods (2 high resists and ar), armor was shaftstop

Samething ATM I quit ED//IAS jewels were out of the question and it was just easier to get sheals (ok ok I didn't think about the ias//ar) (wasn't suggested in the guide)

But IIRC a 4 frame phase WAS (is?) the weapon of choice for a mauler??

here is my gear on my Were Bear Mauler::

Helm: ed/max Jalas
Ammy: Angelics
Weapon:: 3 ed/ias Sheal Griz Caddy
Armor: Coh to cast skills Dueling armor eth STone
Shield:: Sheal SS
Rings:: Angelics and Perf Raven
Belt: Perf Verdungos
Gloves:: Ik
Boots: Gore riders

for charms i use 5 10max/ar/25-35life charms and the rest are max/ar/life small charms

Oh one thing with the Phase the problem was mostly i did no dmg it has 56max dmg so not much their

VictusMetuo

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmmm, thought AR/IAS was in the guide. I know I put it in the 76 Guide for sure. Yeah 4-Frame Phase was/is ideal. Like I said, there were improvements that could have been made, and since you just came back, I'd imagine you lacked in charms also. It's also the matchups, like I said.

Hmmm, the Phase can do a lot more than 56 Max when you use a higher up one. If it was slow, the only thing I can think of is it's not socketed to 110%. ED/Max doesn't calculate correctly anymore, so that socket is greatly reduced. Truthfully you could have probably done better with a different Amulet and 2nd ring. IK Gaunts aren't incredible either, except for stat whores. Travs>Gores for the Phase. And like I said to meme, you need to get to know the character.