No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!

ogogo on ice

Diabloii.Net Member
I love how I thought as I read the first part "But...theres no thing such as centrifugal force!" I wish all villians were like that.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Pretty funny.

You know, the whole centripetal/centrifugal force thing is semantics. If you feel a force as a car turns a bend and say it's centrifugal force, and I say it's a reaction to the centripetal force - which has exactly the same magnitude as the centripetal force and points in the opposite direction - who is to say which one is right? They're equivalent theories, it's just a convention of physics. Anyway, force only has a notional existence.

Gertlex

Banned
dondrei said:
Pretty funny.

You know, the whole centripetal/centrifugal force thing is semantics. If you feel a force as a car turns a bend and say it's centrifugal force, and I say it's a reaction to the centripetal force - which has exactly the same magnitude as the centripetal force and points in the opposite direction - who is to say which one is right? They're equivalent theories, it's just a convention of physics. Anyway, force only has a notional existence.
*applies a force to donny's nether regions*

It's perfectly humane! He doesn't believe he felt anything!

I know I saw this somewhere in the last two months... Xanga perhaps.

Edit: Y'know, I woudln't be surprised if my physics teacher used this in a lecture a month ago o_O

Dawnmaster

Diabloii.Net Member
dirkdig said:
i don't get it
In the James Bond movies "Goldfinger" (ready to be sliced by a laser scene) and "Tomorrow never dies" (I think the chinese torture scene?) there are some famous words:

James Bond: "Do you expect me to talk?"
The Villian: "No Mister Bond, I expect you to die!"

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
They re-did that scene in Tomorrow Never Dies? I was watching in between doing other things, glad I missed that bit...