Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

No more +warcries?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by catalogguy, May 26, 2008.

1. catalogguy

catalogguy IncGamers Member

No more +warcries?

Hi, I have been following advice to make my barb a super dude for PvM and MF. So far I have been pleased with the results. I rebuilt him (who needs sleep anyway) based on some advice received here and he is currently lvl 84. I was told to carry a couple of echoing spears each with +3 warcries. Today I found 1 of the spears (Malah), but I am not seeing any result from it. I do warcries in this order: BC, BO, Shout. After warcries my defense is 17,421. Defense doesn't go up when I switch to the spear when doing them (nor do life and mana levels).

Gear is full IK, metalgrid, ravenfrost and BK. He has maxed shout, BO, WW and mace mastery. He carries 2 warcry GC's (one has 12% FHR and the other +6 skills).

Have I hit some maximum defense? If so, why max the warcry skills when you could carry spears and invest the points somewhere else with no reduction in warcry effectiveness? Or does it increase the duration of the warcries? My skilltree shows no change in warcry skill levels when I switch to the spear. Thank you for advice in the past and anything you can share today to help me understand the warcries!

2. Road Ratt

Road Ratt IncGamers Member

Re: No more +warcries?

When you switch to the echoing spear you're losing the +3 barb skills from the full IK, so it's leaving you with the same skill level warcries. Once you add another echoing weapon your warcries go up.

3. Crowd Control

Crowd Control Banned

Pretty cool to have +6 to skills GC.

4. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

I don't bother with 2 echos on IK for just this reason it only adds +3, 2 Echos is a much better choice for other gear builds that don't have the built in skills, for a IK Barb Base I would recommend a Teleport switch such as SpellSteel or Naj's Staff.

5. catalogguy

catalogguy IncGamers Member

Thanks for the answer! I will try the second spear and see what my results are. Great idea to use a switch with teleport. My dissatisfaction with the Naj staff is that it has only 69 teleport charges and then costs a lot of gold to repair/restore it (just like the teleport ammy). I will check out the SpellSteel. Thanks again for the help!

PS my bad (AIYDK) - GC charm is +6 to str not skills.

6. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

If you use Naj's on switch don't treat the teleport like you would a sorc's skill. I only use it to take "big" short cuts like telporting over a wall or between branches on one of the maps rather than just bouncing all over the show.