No more rushing

lagalot

Diabloii.Net Member
I-bring-realm-down said:
That takes the fun out of the game. Why not just go on ebay and buy one of those premade characters that are lv 85 and have no skill points spent? Basically it is the same thing.
Its fun when you've spent endless hours magic finding to get the gear to then spend endless hours to trade for the gear to make that build.:shocked: :laugh:

Going on ebay spoils all that fun:rolleyes:

Cooked

Diabloii.Net Member
As long as we are removing the "rush" feature why don't we remove the mule option too. I mean after all, we should only use the gear we find and not be tweaking characters or giving sorc gear to our sorc unless it is a trade. There shouldn't even be mules; that way you must decide what gear to use and what gear to keep.

An earlier poster said it best when he pointed out that you don't have to be rushed if you don't want to. you don't have to "Baal" or "Chaos" either. You don't have to mule either.

Some time I like to "play" the game and sometimes I like to build characters and see what they do. The game offers both options and we can chose. If couldn't "mule" I would quit; just me.

Some fixes....

Every six months or so "improve" the quests a little. I mean who cares about "personalizing" gear and many quest rewards are sold. Even when there is a new Ladder the quest "rewards" are so poor that most of us sell them.

I have long been an advocate of better rune drops. There should be a fair possibility to make many of the best runewords each ladder season. Dozens of fun runewords have been added and yet the chance to get better runes has not kept pace. (Blizzard did increase the rune drop rate in a past patch)

All in all Blizzard has done a good job on this game. Just look at all the people playing it and the length of time it has kept our interest. There are people who still play this game after several years or come back to it after a "break." There are not a lot of games that can claim this kind of loyalty.

DANIEL3RD

Diabloii.Net Member
lagalot said:
Its fun when you've spent endless hours magic finding to get the gear to then spend endless hours to trade for the gear to make that build.:shocked: :laugh:

Going on ebay spoils all that fun:rolleyes:
Some players like to be rushed and others like to take the snail trail. Seems to me if you want to be rushed then join a rush game. If you dont, then create an open game with character levels to within 5 of your own. I am not entirely sure why rushing bothers some players? Is it because you think its against the rules of the game or because it gives other players an unfair advantage. As for the rules, the game design allows it so theres no cheating involved and I am certain the game designers know exactly what they are doing despite some doubts by players.

As for unfair advantage why would a level 10 party with a lvl 90 sorceress if not to gain some advantage by being with her? Therefore all players should only be in games with other players of their own level. Otherwise ALL players are taking advantage of the higher level.

themachine

Diabloii.Net Member
I cant stand PvP. It's about as lame as Guild Wars. I've finished D2 many times over PvM and I do every quest and play the full game through every time. Know what? I still enjoy it every time.

However, I do understand why people rush. Not everyone likes doing the quests as I do. Not everyone wants to play PvM using untwinked characters. It seems the majority prefers PvP these days and it also seems everyone already has all the best items in the game so theres no need for them to play the game through. They just rush a character through to ~lvl90, equip with best gear and PvP away.

Thats where Battle.net should create a new option. Creating PvP only characters which start at whatever lvl you want to start at, equip however you want, and make arenas, ala Guild Wars, for particular level groups.

The Pharaoh

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah PvP isn't that fun really, but taking it out of tha game really isn't necessary. If you wanna PvP there's always a game made specifically for that, if you wanna quest or w/e, there's those games. It's when high lvl idiots come into questing/mf games and go hostile, rape you, steal your gold, then stay by your body so you're forced to leave. But yeah, rushing should just stay, there's nothing wrong with it. I definately agree with making tha quests more rewarding though and runes dropping more often.

Gungak

Diabloii.Net Member
I get rushed and I rush, why because I enjoy PvP.
I dont really see the problem people have with rushing getting rushed.. if you dont like it. Dont join games those types of games.
I play untwinkled with friends because I do enjoy runnig through entire game but doing it with a pvp char is impractical.

superjayson

Diabloii.Net Member
Merick said:
Have you ever looked in the single player forum? 10s of thousands of people still play D2 single player. And please don't include me in your blanket statements. Playing through every quest with 7 people is my favorite part of the game. Do you really enjoy waiting for a hamerdin to make a tp to the throne, and then standing there while he kills everything?

All this complaining about the game being too hard, and constant "get me to hell baal so I can watch hammerdins kill lister ASAP" stuff is starting to make me think single player is where the good players are.

10's of thousands ? all from the single player forum ? Kind of hard to believe that..
I actually agree with you though, playing through the game with 7 other people is alot more fun. I was just giving my opinion on how most people take this game as

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
superjayson said:
10's of thousands ? all from the single player forum ? Kind of hard to believe that..
I actually agree with you though, playing through the game with 7 other people is alot more fun. I was just giving my opinion on how most people take this game as
I didn't say there were 10's of thousands in the SPF.

BloZ

Diabloii.Net Member
I-bring-realm-down said:
That takes the fun out of the game.
It takes the fun out for you. I like playing my way, you like playing your way. I personally find quests repetitive.

I-bring-realm-down said:
Why not just go on ebay and buy one of those premade characters that are lv 85 and have no skill points spent? Basically it is the same thing.
Ok... leveling a character by yourself is very different then if you buy it. I'm not with that idea either, because I like seeing my characters evolve, but some people find it OK to buy.

Here's some advantages at buying a character:

You get your character at a high level quicker than usual, which is what some people want. They only wish to see their character completed and don't feel like leveling him/her (for high level PvP as an example) and so buying is easier for them. I don't see why that should bother other players.

The bad side is that you can't give yourself credit for that character, and you don't see it evolve from level 1-90. That's pretty much why I don't like the idea of buyable characters.

As many other have said in this thread:

If you're not happy with rushing, don't get rushed. If you're not happy with PvP, don't PvP. But if you remove these, people who do enjoy them will probably stop playing: while you get no change at all in your questing.

lagalot

Diabloii.Net Member
MapleBarb said:
but maybe they just dont want or cant spend countless hours mf'ing.
Well yea I guess some people dont have a lot of time to play the game...like me!!!

I just feel kinda satisfied with my efforts after finding gear n then trading for what I need to make a char that I know will rock.

Whether I run that char through myself or get it rushed I dont really care.As long as I get to where I want to be.

A lot of the time Ill join baal games with my "new" char tagging along for exp and end up doing as much as the rushers:laugh: Its all good..

How is it leveling that character yourself when a lv 95 hammerdin kills baals minions and you go afk?

I actually go into a game with my summoner last night and we started doing act 3 quests, till they got bored I guess and left me :((

lagalot

Diabloii.Net Member
How is it leveling that character yourself when a lv 95 hammerdin kills baals minions and you go afk?
I have never joined a leveling game and gone afk.If there is a lvl 95 paladin in there Ill get in and do my fair share as well unless its an awkward build like a dual dream auradin.Then Ill run around with conviction and help the light sorcs.:smiley:

I dont know how many times Ive joined in baal games where no-one was running and ran wsk myself with the char I was trying to get rushed.