No More BF!!!!

Anidem

Banned
No More BF!!!!

Ever since the patch the assasains fans have benn oddly upbeat about Blade Fury because of the ability to finally interact with the Venom skill.
Stop the maddness! BFs unlisted need of AR and nerfing of 2-handed weapons not to mention Claw Mastery not helping with AR make this a useless skill past norm.
If you really want to throw items buy a stack of javs and have a ball! at least the dex wasted or AR will increase your damage!
 

sawse

Diabloii.Net Member
It complements my build nicely

BF definitly has its applications. There are ways around the ar issue and you can actually get it to do substantial dammage as well.
 

Dark512

Diabloii.Net Member
sawse said:
BF definitly has its applications. There are ways around the ar issue and you can actually get it to do substantial dammage as well.
we have almost the same build of lightSin.

BF , when you add crushing blow (which isnt damage dependent) ,knock back , deadly strike , Cold and Poison. does take them down (well LI is all I have problem with anyway) .(feels another thread hijack coming on....)
 

Azha

Diabloii.Net Member
Anidem said:
Ever since the patch the assasains fans have benn oddly upbeat about Blade Fury because of the ability to finally interact with the Venom skill.
Stop the maddness! BFs unlisted need of AR and nerfing of 2-handed weapons not to mention Claw Mastery not helping with AR make this a useless skill past norm.
If you really want to throw items buy a stack of javs and have a ball! at least the dex wasted or AR will increase your damage!
BF has some advantages. Please be careful of your words lest ppl should take your post for an offense to them :p

BTW if you have the certain build idea around javelin, please post the skill allocation/gear suggestion etc. Any new idea seem interesting :)
 

Bonescorpion

Diabloii.Net Member
Since when does the ar from cm not work with bf, i was away for a week and back then it was thought to have worked, plz enlighten the unenlightened plz......
 

BIGeyedBUG

Diabloii.Net Member
Anidem said:
Stop the maddness! BFs unlisted need of AR and nerfing of 2-handed weapons not to mention Claw Mastery not helping with AR make this a useless skill past norm.
If you really want to throw items buy a stack of javs and have a ball! at least the dex wasted or AR will increase your damage!
The AR bonus from Claw Mastery definitely does contribute to BF. The Critical Strike and ED bonuses from CM are also effective. Maybe you mean that CM doesn't help with non-claw weapons?

Dexterity will increase the damage of BF when using any weapon that gets a DEX damage bonus normally. This would include claws, javelins, bows, daggers, and probably some other weapons I'm not aware of. (Some of these weapons get STR bonuses as well.) The dexterity bonus--like all other damage--would suffer the BF penalty.

I agree with you that BF has some problems, the most difficult of which is AR. There are interesting ways to work around this though. CM, ITD, Eth runes, DEX, Visionary prefix, Angelic partial set bonuses, CoS, Blessed Aim, Enchant, Fury, Malice, etc.
 

Anidem

Banned
OK I admin I was a bit tweaked in terms of mood when I posted this! The javass I alluded to isn't finalized yet. I said Javs cuz that is her current weapon but that will change because of the Titans uselessness to a ***. Mabye Deathbit, It fits well in the theme of an ***.
The whole Idea is to ignore the Shadow Master and Warrior. (not to difficult to be honest!) and try not to lean on Venom, But GOD!!! It is just sooooo tasty of a skill! But instead rely on COS, MB and (Mind fart! The increased speed skill!).
 

GenXCub

Diabloii.Net Member
BF works great when using an Ignores Target Defense weapon. And don't anyone get uppity about "it doesn't work on bosses" because BF isn't your only skill okay? Diversify!
 

Julius Seizure

Diabloii.Net Member
lvl 23 enchant

My kicksin uses demon limb with a lvl 23 enchant to boost her AR rather nicely. Time dureation is 10+minutes as well.

Maybe the AR from this item can hel with your blade fury problems (Adds a fair amount of AR at lvl 23 i might add).
 

sawse

Diabloii.Net Member
(tries his very best not to sound uppity)

GenXCub said:
BF works great when using an Ignores Target Defense weapon. And don't anyone get uppity about "it doesn't work on bosses" because BF isn't your only skill okay? Diversify!
True, I do have other skills, namely my traps. However, vs bosses, I really like to lay down traps and then take advantage of my 70% crushing blow and 50% slow monster with blade fury. Bosses go down much more quickly and safely that way. That's why I prefer to use something else besides "ignore target defence" to be able to hit things. Thus, I use Fleshripper (-50% target defence) and Cloak of Shadows (-45% target defence). If you haven't seen a Fleshripper I highly reccomend that you look it up. It is such a good fit you would almost think they designed it with blade fury in mind.

Another key disadvantage for a trapper using blade fury with ignore target defence are unique monsters. It doesn't work on them either. This is a much bigger deal than bosses because these are the guys that will have double immunities so you will run into ones that are immune to both fire and lightning (such double immunes aren't rare at all). These uniques are the reason I invested in bf in the first place and also the reason for many of my gear choices. How many pure trappers do you know that wear cleglaw's gloves, goblin toe boots, or wall of the eyeless shield? I didn't think so ha ha. I like to be a little different :)

Unlike most trappers, I kill those fire/lightnong immunes quickly and easily. I have yet to meet a monster I couldn't kill,... all thanks to my 1 point investment in blade fury and a few odd pieces of equipment.
 

Garoke

Diabloii.Net Member
sawse said:
True, I do have other skills, namely my traps. However, vs bosses, I really like to lay down traps and then take advantage of my 70% crushing blow and 50% slow monster with blade fury. Bosses go down much more quickly and safely that way. That's why I prefer to use something else besides "ignore target defence" to be able to hit things. Thus, I use Fleshripper (-50% target defence) and Cloak of Shadows (-45% target defence). If you haven't seen a Fleshripper I highly reccomend that you look it up. It is such a good fit you would almost think they designed it with blade fury in mind.

Another key disadvantage for a trapper using blade fury with ignore target defence are unique monsters. It doesn't work on them either. This is a much bigger deal than bosses because these are the guys that will have double immunities so you will run into ones that are immune to both fire and lightning (such double immunes aren't rare at all). These uniques are the reason I invested in bf in the first place and also the reason for many of my gear choices. How many pure trappers do you know that wear cleglaw's gloves, goblin toe boots, or wall of the eyeless shield? I didn't think so ha ha. I like to be a little different :)

Unlike most trappers, I kill those fire/lightnong immunes quickly and easily. I have yet to meet a monster I couldn't kill,... all thanks to my 1 point investment in blade fury and a few odd pieces of equipment.
What kinda weapon is fleshripper? do you mean fleshrender?
 

Shade

Diabloii.Net Member
Fleshripper
Fanged Knife

One-Hand Damage: (45-60) To (174-228) (108-144 Avg)
Required Level: 68
Required Strength: 42
Required Dexterity: 86
Durability: 36
Base Weapon Speed: [-20]
+200-300% Enhanced Damage (varies)
-50% Target Defense
25% Chance of Crushing Blow
33% Deadly Strike
50% Chance of Open Wounds
Prevent Monster Heal
Slows Target By 20%
(Spawns In 1.10 Patch Only)
 

ThyForbidden

Diabloii.Net Member
I tried to say BF was dependant on AR, though not listed and sorta got shot down.. and in the game many don't believe me. >_>
Nor do they believe fade adds 1% PDR per lvl
 

sawse

Diabloii.Net Member
ThyForbidden said:
I tried to say BF was dependant on AR, though not listed and sorta got shot down.. and in the game many don't believe me. >_>
Nor do they believe fade adds 1% PDR per lvl
I hear you man. I'm meeting more and more people that know less and less about how the game works. Lots of people don't even know what a synergy is. I've had people trash my mother because I told them tornado was not magic dammage.
 

Salo

Diabloii.Net Member
sawse said:
I hear you man. I'm meeting more and more people that know less and less about how the game works. Lots of people don't even know what a synergy is. I've had people trash my mother because I told them tornado was not magic dammage.

oh gosh yes. people are level 90 in 1.10 builds and do not know such things about their own build.

bf is kicking butt. im going to have to look into getting a flesh ripper !

I am also looking for a 50%+ ed version of Steelrend gauntlets. i have 10% good cblow gloves, but well, when im at level, i have ethereal suwayah Chaos claw that would work really well with some enhanced ed. (they have 10% cblow on them)

im actually going strong physical damage plus effects. bosses concern me. and leeching doesnt happen often without the damage.
 
Top