Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

No good drops

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Jugz, May 5, 2008.

1. Jugz

Jugz IncGamers Member

No good drops

I farm Mephisto and Andarial alllll day and i never get any good loot. Like the best I got today, farming for HOURS, was a pair of treks, even though theyre good, still thats the only thing i got. I barely ever get anything good..

I got 468 MF, and im a Meteorb sorc.
    Im starting to diablo, it takes a while to finish though =\
    I try to do baal, and i can kill him sometimes, but i die a couple times during the minions =.=

I use Pgemed Shako, Tals Chest, Tals Ammy, Tals Belt, Occy, 2x nagels (want a soj), magefist, war travs, spirit monarch and i have a 14/17 torch, a 39% gheeds, and two mfscs...

Whats the deal? Am i just unlucky? What do you guys get from mephisto or andarial. Anyone got any suggestions or tips, having anything to do with mfing?

2. LouisLeGros

LouisLeGros IncGamers Member

Re: No good drops

do you get quest drops on andy?
    Even if you do she never seems to drop too well (I did just get a silks of the victor on classic from her though).

I have had a lot of success doing the meph quest drop bug with my blizz sorc. Helvete wrote an excellent guide on it

I've gotten 2 lidless eyes, an occy, a pair of treks and 37 mf chancies in a half days mfing.

you could always try hunting keys if you get fed up with the hit or miss-ness of MFing.

3. TheOgre

TheOgre IncGamers Member

Yes:azn: You will have dry streaks. Eventually Meph or Andy will drop something, the key is just to be patient. You could always add a few new targets to mf. The pits, Countess, Pindel and even Shenk (and the other dude near Frigid Highlands wp) can prove to be a nice sources of wealth.

Just keep up running your the mf-places you prefer, and your luck will turn someday:thumbsup:

4. rizzlan

rizzlan IncGamers Member

Yeah, you're just unlucky. You have a nice ammount of MF.

And to prevent death by baal's minions i suggest you to stack up with small charms of 10% /resist to hit max before going down to him. Getting a strong(can be cheap) merc will also help alot.

Baal is worth the effort, i'm not usually running baal but i can say he will not disappoint you in the long run.

5. aishilee

aishilee IncGamers Member

haha. its call item Drought.

seasons will change. And i can feel yours changing.

keep mf-ing and you will be rewarded. ~ sooner or later ( never never).

6. J Cash

J Cash IncGamers Member

The most important thing for mf, is patience, patience and more patience. just have faith

7. Jugz

Jugz IncGamers Member

Im starting to do Baal and Diablo more and more. Diablo has become easy for me, now that i got it down. Just sometimes I rush and might **** up on the minions.

Baal I can usually handle too, w/o dieing. Might go up incase i get in trouble or if my merc dies 1-2 times max.

Killed them about 5 each today, no good drops. Also my last game i killed Andy (And all the minions in level 4), Countess, Summoner, Duriel, The Travincal Council, Mephisto (and all the minions in level 3), Diablo, Shenk, Pindle, Nithilak, Baal, and cleared the pits.. and i got nothing good. (Ok i got a 4os monarch, but that has nothing to do with mf =p).

I suppose im just unlucky lol, ill keep at it though and have patience.

8. aishilee

aishilee IncGamers Member

sometimes its good to clear the mobs in chaos san. haha got many awesome charms from there.. most noteable ones are lite +38 lifer . Pcomb + 18lifer from I - X chaosruns

9. Alecz

Alecz IncGamers Member

I find mf-only is not very fun.

Yout gear is pretty decent compared to what i have available to use:
    - 4 os wire fleece w/ PTopas
    - 3 os helm w/Ptopas
    - The gull (100 MF) on zon when merc does the kill on Boss
    - 2 x 27mf nagelrings
    - 30 mf chancies
    - Rhyme
    - goldwrap
    - Magic boots w/ 37 MF
    - merc has Insight and similar armor/helm

Given the above doing pretty much anyone in Hell with the zon is suicidal, so I can only run NM bosses.

However, with diffrent armor, helm and boots, I did leveling on NM baal runs and I found pretty nice stuff.

The point is if you do MF alone, it's gonna get boring, you should do hybrid runs, for example countess/Nilly runs for keys and Mf, and Runes, or baal runs for leveling and MF. At least you get the leveling anyway, so its not that frustrating.

10. Akimbo

Akimbo IncGamers Member

I got so sick of doing mf runs that I just decided one day to kill everything in act5 hell. Random Yeti thing in an ice cave dropped me a Griffons. Set me up for the entire ladder since it was nearly perfect, think I got 80-90 hr's for it. It's just one of those things ^^

11. carnivore

carnivore IncGamers Member

magic find wont make you find "good" or "better" stuff. magic find only increases the chance of stuff, that will drop anyway to be unique, rare, set or magic. it only makes the overall drops more colorful, nothing more.

normally certain set and unique items are considered "better", so you will of course get more better items when you wear some mf over time. but this is only true, if you dont slow down in kliing speed by more % than you actually gain % for uniques and set drops.

taking into account, that the mf-formula produces a lower actual mf than stated mf for all item types except magic items, we come to this:

if you wear between 150 and 200 mf on your char you have an extra 100% chance for aqny dropping item to be unique. if you kill more than half as fast as without you will get more unique drops over time. if you are slower, your mf is just a hollow number and a complete waste, because you will find less uniques than you would with no mf.

lets take a look at the posted gear. this should sum up to almost 500 mf, which brings us to 2,67 times the normal number of uniques dropped. if you kill 3 times as fast (or faster) with your standard gear without mf, you will get more uniques than now.
    although this might very well be the case, as you say that you cant kill anything efficiently in hell, you should try to compromise:
    150 to 200 mf are almost always possible to achieve without geeting noticably slower in killing and will get you almost the same number of uniques per drop as now, just three times faster. a very cheap suggestion would be:
    - low gheeds
    - low wartravs
    - topaz in helm and armor
    - your rhyme shield
    for ca 140 mf.

the next step would be to look at your standard gear and especially on such attributes as ias, resists, leech, fhr. depending on the results you might wear a single nagel or the goldwrap or the chancies, or some rare items in those places with good or at least useful stats and additional mf.

if you do something like this, you fill consider mf surely more fun, because you will kill at your normal speed and have the benefit of finding more stuff.

12. Alecz

Alecz IncGamers Member

by good stuff i mostly meant some uniques that are very useful, or rares that are better than most uniques (e/g: dual leech gloves with 30 cold resist and +2 passive ama skills, or Circlet +1 ama skills, +19 res all, +18 dex). If you get more rare, uniques, and set drops it's more likely to get some good ones.

My main point was that I sometimes find better stuff in regular play or leveling than on dedicated mf runs.