Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

No expansion!

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by sunflowersmooth, Jan 22, 2016.

1. sunflowersmooth

sunflowersmooth IncGamers Member

I don't have RoS at the moment is the game still worth playing and can I still experience the changes? I haven't played since the expansion was released lol.

Also long time member of the site, always been a favorite of mine. D2 forever.

2. fmulder

fmulder Site Contributor

I think you are out of luck. Most of the new stuff such as bounties and rifts are RoS only.

3. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

Welcome back to the forums. It's definitely worth having the expansion if you want to play again. Get it and play through. It'd be interesting to hear your comments about the myriad changes made to the base game.

4. sunflowersmooth

sunflowersmooth IncGamers Member

Thanks I remember your name. It'll always be a family here with the amount of trading and discussion we had over D2. I will soon enough...

5. Winterfell

Winterfell IncGamers Member

I agree with Dacar. They've made so many changes to the game, both in terms of underlying systems and content. Not only is there the new area in Act V, there are 3 new smaller areas added through patches. There's a lot more to do and more ways to improve your character.

Let me put it this way, my eyes are still stinging from playing it yesterday for far too long.

6. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

My hand and wrist get sore. I don't have carpel tunnel but I have to play in spurts with breaks in between. The game does sound cool in headphones though.

7. In the name of Zod

In the name of Zod IncGamers Member

Wow no expansion, so you'd still be collecting those books for upgrading gems. I remember doing runs through the archives for them, life leach and picking up every bit of gold that dropped and 2 socket weapons (2x CHD :DD ), memories. You'll want to keep your old puzzle rings, the ones that have a chance of spawning goblins. Might be an idea to research legacy gear worth keeping. You may want to keep certain items just for showmanship because they don't drop anymore. Some examples:

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6923457/104_Legendary_Item_Improvements-8_14_2012

Some of those items just can't be found anymore or the graphic as been renamed I think. Worth noting, some of the old legacy gear could get more than 7% attack speed on it which is impossible now. Any amulets or rings (rare) with over 7% attack speed you might want to keep or maybe even have a hunt around before getting the xpak.