No EXP!!!?

No EXP!!!?

This is the situation here:

I was Cow Running. I was level a level 23 Sorceress. The Sorceress was level 77. The game was full with 8 people, all below level 30.

So there we were, in the Secret Cow Level. The Sorceress was mutilating the Hell Bovines with Blizzard. I watched in amusement.

This was just another one of my Cow Runs from level 20 to 25, except something was different this time. Even though crowds and crowds of Hell Bovines were falling to the ground, shattered to pieces, I couldn't help notice one thing... one VERY important aspect - My EXP bar seemed to be moving at a MICROSCOPIC rate. It was like, only after 50 Hell Bovines were killed did I see my EXP bar move. Something was clearly wrong here.

I then suggest the Sorceress to use Frozen Orb instead. And she does that instead, and WHAM! The HUGE difference could be observed, and my EXP bar started to zoom up again as the Orb blazed it's way across the crowd of Cows, much faster than the when Blizzard was in effect.

Now BEFORE I jumped to any conclusions, I first gave it some though. However, images from past Baal Runs, where I sometimes got TINY amounts of EXP compared to other Baal Runs, came to my mind. Indeed, it was in those exact Baal Runs where can assure with almost 100% certainty that there was always a Blizzard Sorceress present, covering the monsters in the shards.

But before I make it final, I decided to ask you guys. Based on the Cow Run evidence, does Blizzard give less EXP?

stkrause

Diabloii.Net Member
I have not made any real investigation, but I'm 99.99% sure that this is pure imagination.
If such a exp bug would be in the game, somebody would have mentioned it the last few years since 1.10, and some guy would have made real statistical tests or backed this up with some D2-code he just disassembled :D

*stkrause

Orphan

Diabloii.Net Member
I remember my friend using his high lvl Blizzard sorc (and I'm 100% sure it was Blizzard, as he's never made any other type) to do a cow run for me without any problems.

Something was clearly wrong though. It might not be this, but SOMETHING IS UP!!!

I'll go into it when I reach level 80 with my Sorc. I'll go Cow Running with people. :p

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
You problably lvled up to 25 when you asked the sorc to use Orb. Compared to Clvl 1-24 you get much more exp from higher lvl monsters at Clvl 25. From Clvl 1 - 24 you get 5% of the experience, at Clvl 25 this becomes 30% (when against hell cows).

I'm pretty sure it was not that. I'd have noticed it otherwise. Besides, if I had levelled to 25, I would have just left and wouldn't have asked. The problem was, I wasn't levelling...

Tim B

Diabloii.Net Member
then unless the sorc wasn't in your party the whole time i suggest you keep a bottle of eyedrops by your computer. :thumbsup:

MegaHunter

Diabloii.Net Member
Kind of linked to this post but was wounderin when you get to lvl 99 you dont get exp anymore so why don't they up the lvl to say lvl 200 or somthing ?

MapleBarb

Diabloii.Net Member
MegaHunter said:
Kind of linked to this post but was wounderin when you get to lvl 99 you dont get exp anymore so why don't they up the lvl to say lvl 200 or somthing ?
with the penalties you get when you get to the high 90s I doubt most would be able to level to 100 unless blizzard was to up the lvls of the monsters as well. or give no exp penalties as you lvl up and then most people would be lvl 200

MegaHunter

Diabloii.Net Member
MapleBarb said:
with the penalties you get when you get to the high 90s I doubt most would be able to level to 100 unless blizzard was to up the lvls of the monsters as well. or give no exp penalties as you lvl up and then most people would be lvl 200
Ave not bin playing long wat do u mean by lvl penalties ?

Orphan

Diabloii.Net Member
MegaHunter said:
Ave not bin playing long wat do u mean by lvl penalties ?
Up until lvl 69, you'll get 100% of the experience your supposed to get per area. After that lvl, the amount of exp you get decreases (95% at lvl 70, 90% at lvl 71, 86% at lvl 72, 81% at lvl 73, etc). At lvl 98, you would only be getting 0.59% of the experience, even on baal runs. This makes it incrediably difficult (and monotonous) just to get the amount of experience needed to get that final lvl.

Note: Even though you get 100% of the available experience up until lvl 69, you may not necessarily get the total experience available in an area. In order to get the maximum experience available in an area, you need to be above a certain lvl requirement. You should check out the leveling guide to get some more info. Keep in mind that the leveling guide is mostly a suggestion, but it's a good idea to try and be the roughly around the required level.