Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

NM Meph Runs 1-100

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Thadar, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Thadar

Thadar IncGamers Member

NM Meph Runs 1-100

Happy Friday everyone. A couple of days ago I posted a thread detailing some issues I have concerning Hell Meph. To summarize, I die, my merc dies, and it takes me a bit to kill the guy. So, I came here asking for advice. What I was told was almost unanimous. Level up more and do more MF runs on NM Meph.

Here is the link to the previous thread.

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=356867&page=1&pp=20

Now, I am up to 75 and decided to do my first 100 runs on NM Meph and record them for you all. I found a few gems in there, and I want to thank everyone for their advice. Without further ado, here is the tally.

275 MF

2 Isenharts Case
    3 Goreshovel
    5 Cathans Mesh
    6 Gleamscythe, Irathas Cuff
    8 Arcannas Head
    10 Pierre Tombale Couant
    12 Tir Rune
    13 El Rune, Cathans Sigil
    14 Razorswitch
    15 Deathbit, Milabregas Orb, Milabregas Rod, Tancreds Skull, Griswolds Edge
    16 Isenharts Lightbrand, Cliffkiller
    17 Undead Crown, Razortail
    18-19
    20 Soul Harvest, Tancreds Crowbill
    21 The Centurion, Gleamscythe
    23 Gloomstrap
    24 El Rune, Guillames Face, Diggler (Eth)
    26 Razortine
    27 Spectral Shard (Eth)
    28 Sanders Taboo
    29 Sigons Sabot
    30-34
    35 Islestrike
    36 Rakescar
    37 Gleamscythe
    38 Sanders Riprap, Salamander
    39 Rogues Bow
    40 Vidalas Barb
    41-42
    43 Blade of Ali Baba, Aldurs Rhythm, Berserkers Hatchet
    45 Isenharts Lightbrand, Husodal Evo
    47 Irathas Coil, Langer Briser
    49 Isenharts Parry, Dimoaks Hew, Kinemils Awl
    50 El Rune

I equipped the Blade of AliBaba and did my runs with more MF starting here. 349 MF

51 Hellclap, Vidalas Fetlock, Spire of Lazarus
    52 Sigons Wrap
    53 Howltusk
    54 Tancreds Crowbill, Milabregas Orb
    55 Isenharts Parry, Natalyas Soul
    56 Bonesnap (Eth)
    57 Aldurs Rhythm, Natalyas Totem
    58 Infernostride, Bloodfist (Eth)
    59 Skullsplitter, Pelta Lunata
    60 Hsarus Iron Heel
    61 Irathas Cord, Islestrike
    62 Isenharts Lightbrand, Soul Harvest
    63 Milabregas Rod
    65 Isenharts Parry
    66-68
    69 Soulflay
    71 Ironstone
    72 Isenharts Lightbrand, Berserkers Hauberk, Rattlecage
    74 Atlantean, Cleglaws Pincers, Grim Reaper
    75 Tancreds Spine
    76 Angelic Mantle
    78 Wizendraw
    80 Isenharts Lightbrand
    82 Civerbs Ward
    83-85
    86 Ironstone
    87 Sigons Wrap, Arctic Mitts
    90 Ironstone, Hsarus Iron Heel
    91 Tancreds Crowbill
    92 Angelic Sickle
    93 Skull Collector, Berserkers Hauberk, Infernal Sign
    95 Rakescar, Sigons Wrap
    96-97
    98 Ichorsting
    99 Cathans Visage
    100 Skystrike, Angelic Sickle, Gravepalm (Eth)

So, now some questions. What would you recommend socketing in the Ali Baba? <Editted cause Im a moron. I knew that. =P Thanks Hrus.> Second, I swapped my Rockstopper out for the Guillames on the Merc and I definitely notice a difference with the CB, but I miss the DR and Resists on the Rock. Which one would you use or are they interchangeable based upon the situation?

Is it worth using a socket quest on my mercs helm or even his Kelpie Snare? If I do use it on his unique item, do the upgrade recipes still work even if it isnt an “untouched†item anymore?

Thanks for your time folks and I will post my next series of 100 runs soon. Have a great day.

Thadar

2. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Look what topazes do when inserted into weapons!!!!! HAH!

EDIT: I would still use a Rockstopper, your sorc should do a lot more damage than CB from mercenary, she can use static field and Crushing blow is not so good when the monster's life is halved already.

Upgrade recipe work with the socketed items OK, you will not loose the socket and inserted rune/jewel.

EDIT2: Jewels with MF are good to place in the Ali-Baba, or IST runes if you have some, but they are too expensive...
    (MF jewels don't add much, but everything helps and they are not as rare as ISTs)

3. bradley_turner

bradley_turner IncGamers Member

Ummm, my sorc started doing hell meph at like level 65 or so (completely twinked) and used the moat trick, at those lower levels you'll actually get exp killing meph, which is just a sweet bonus to the mfing. This only works for meteorb and blizz sorc of course (although any sorc can easily kill hell meph, it just takes decent gear, and better dodging skills)\

crushing blow is awesome for boss killing, although meph is really a very weak boss anyways, it's KILLER for baal though, my hammerdins merc uses guillames, rattlecage, and an eth upped kelpie snare with an amn in it, and he is a baal killing machine. I'd stick with the rockstopper for most cases especially for nm meph, since you dont need the CB to kill him, your skills can do that for you, and what you need is for your merc to survive and tank, moreso than for him to kill.

4. cft

cft IncGamers Member

Thanks for the info, looks like the kind of stuff I used to see from NM Meph. Except the Ali baba, still dont have one of those. =)

Hmm, instead of socketting ist or magic find jewels in the Ali baba, have you considered a Gull dagger instead? it's 100 magic find by itself. I use one on weapon switch with my Rhyme shield, and switch to them for the kill when Meph is low.

The trick to MF'ing on Meph with a sorc is mostly learning how to dodge Meph's ranged spells. I reccommend very fast boots (30% or 40%) and doing what you are doing, practicing on NM.

When you almost never get hit with the big white bowling ball attack, and are pretty good at avoiding most of the charged bolts, then you can move up to hell.

If you use a merc, then you have feed your merc potions & kill fast enough to protect the merc. I find, that until the merc is really high level (>85), Hell meph will destroy the merc too often, and you will be constantly restoring him from the dead. So, for Meph runs, I learned to do with the sorc, without any merc, just fast footwork.

Good luck

5. GooberGrape

GooberGrape IncGamers Member

Guillaume's and Kelpie are godly against Meph. Stick with them, and find resists on your merc armor, if needed.

-GG