Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

NM Diablo best for Gore Riders?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by PetePizza, Oct 26, 2006.

  1. PetePizza

    PetePizza IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2005
    Messages:
    113
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    33
    NM Diablo best for Gore Riders?

    According to ATMA at least, but the mlvl looks wrong:

    0.40796648276181 Diablo - (N) The Chaos Sanctuary - {mlvl 110}
    . . .
    0.04918459231086 Diablo ~ 1st kill - (N) The Chaos Sanctuary - {mlvl 62}
    . . .
    0.04205579386060 Baal - (N) The WorldStone Chamber - {mlvl 75}
    . . .
    0.03254206375572 Diablo - (N) The Chaos Sanctuary - {mlvl 62}

    Am I reading this incorrectly? And if so, then the best place to run for Gore Rider is NM Baal, correct?
     
  2. Tigereye

    Tigereye IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2006
    Messages:
    453
    Likes Received:
    5
    Trophy Points:
    84
    The first Diablo on your list says Uber Diablo in my ATMA, and it has a mlvl of 110. You are correct about Baal (NM) has the highest odds of dropping Gore Rider, not including 1. kills.

    Edit:
    Some numbers
    0.40796648276181 Uber Diablo - (N) The Earth - {mlvl 110}
    0.04205579386060 Baal - (N) The WorldStone Chamber - {mlvl 75}
    0.03778466797182 Mephisto - [H] Durance of Hate Level 3 - {mlvl 87}
    0.03677131962072 Diablo - [H] The Chaos Sanctuary - {mlvl 94}
    0.03641954436270 Baal - [H] The WorldStone Chamber - {mlvl 99}
    0.03254206375572 Diablo - (N) The Chaos Sanctuary - {mlvl 62}

    I think that all the above percent chances to drop are the same, except Uber D, but he is not a possibility, do not know why he is included in ATMA. I would run any of the above, which is fastest in order to find Gore Rider, but it is relly hard to run fora specific item and it can very frustrating.
    Ex:
    After 1000 Mephisto [H] run you would have a (1-0.03778466797182/100)^1000=0.685=68.5% chance of NOT finding Gore Rider, so 31.5% chance of finding it.
    After 5000 Mephisto [H] run you would have a (1-0.03778466797182/100)^5000=0.151=15.1% chance of NOT finding Gore Rider, so 84.9% chance of finding it.

    So you see it a big number of runs before you can 'expect' to find it, but there is really no guarantee to find it, not even after 10.000 runsbut the chances 'good'. You can also be lucky and find it in the first run, you never know that is the beaty of the game, at least I think it is.

    Oh, that was a lot of rambeling about numbers, go and kill a lot of monsters and have fun and I bet you will find what yoy are looking for, good luck and happy hunting.
     
  3. omgwtfbbqpwned

    omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2005
    Messages:
    7,042
    Likes Received:
    19
    Trophy Points:
    166
    I would rather run Hell Mephisto. =P
     
  4. Cattleya

    Cattleya IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Oct 18, 2004
    Messages:
    4,226
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    346
    To build on this point, you also have to factor in how fast you can do the runs. Even if one monster has twice the chance to drop something, if it takes you 4 times as long to do the run, you are still better off running the lower odds target. Of course, running any target for specific item will drive you batty. :grin:



     
  5. PetePizza

    PetePizza IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2005
    Messages:
    113
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    33
    Thanks guys, I guess Atma does some strange things with Diablo Clone as he can't drop anything but that charm.

    My Frost Zealot, who wears Goblin Toe, is running NM Baal for the experience until clvl 75 or so. So I guess I'll keep doing that.
     
  6. chumley669

    chumley669 IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Sep 1, 2004
    Messages:
    278
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    57
    And for me, the only running that I do where Diablo is involved is doing my Brave Sir Robin imitation and running away! That big lug has been my nemesis, and has killed more of my characters more often than anyone else. Couple that with those infernal Oblivion Knights, and I think he should be avoided like one of the proverbial Biblical plagues. I'd rather run A1 Blood Moor in Normal for Gore Riders than Diablo, hoping some never-before-seen bug comes alive and causes Corpsefire to drop like he's Pindle.
     
  7. Hrus

    Hrus IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2003
    Messages:
    7,279
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    346
    Uber Diablo (N) drop is included in Atma because it's included in game data files describing drops. It's strange, but Uber Diablo (N) has the same TC probabilities as Diablo (N), but he still has 100% chance to drop unique items. The fact that he can't spawn in NM makes this "bug" not happening.

    The best for Goreriders are Andariel (H) (if she is bugged) and Mephisto (H). Mephisto (N) can drop it but with around 6 times lower odds.
     
  8. AlterEgo

    AlterEgo IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2003
    Messages:
    2,576
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    466
    I may be old and silly, but IMO, the quickest way to get Gore Riders is the giveaway thread, or trade forum. ;) You don't have to run any boss!
     
  9. Hakai_no_Tenshi

    Hakai_no_Tenshi IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2003
    Messages:
    1,188
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    120
    Nice 'tar, AE ;)

    --T
     

Share This Page