Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

nm act 2 merc diary

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Superhal, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

nm act 2 merc diary

I levelled up a merc today, because, well, some parties stink. :) (see other thread.)

Here's my notes:
    max level at hire is 47.
    10-13k per merc kill in nm a5.
    <10k after level 50.
    at level 50, however, merc gets 5-6k per _YOUR_ kill nm.
    1 -15 req jewel is enough for the merc to wield bonehew at level 75 (the wep's level req).

what i did was host nm baal games, and tport for the group, leaving trails of blizzards behind me as i went. when the group was in the throneroom, i would clear the side alleys with my merc.

took about 40-50 games to bring him up to 75 where i put on the bonehew. strength was way too low, so one socket had a -15 req jewel and the other had a pskull (i'll save the amn for later, when i can unsocket the -15.)

2. spencert

spencert IncGamers Member

Dude, if u have done nm cow. It will probably take around 10 - 15 games to get to lvl 70. Then hell cow probably another 3-4 games to get u pass 75.

3. qhc

qhc IncGamers Member

Good report,
    Hel rune will -20% req
    Merc lving is about the same in 1ppl and 8ppl games?
    At lv7x you should lvl him at hell a1/a2 to be faster?

4. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

well, these were all <5 minute games. these games took about 3 hours (5 X 30). i knew they would be full games, plus it was a valuable service.

i intend to clear the sockets when his str is enough, maybe @lvl ** or so, for dual amn. i haven't decided on his final eq yet. i'm still testing the shako. it seems to be ok, but i might have to get one to deal with poison.

he gained more during solo baalruns, but the 8ppl was more interesting and the games went by faster.

i think from now on, he can just come along with me on hell baalruns. so far, only a large number of witches give him any problems. i can glacial spike around him to protect him in most cases. as long as he gets something during my runs, it's cool. i find they level too fast anyway.

i'm pretty sure his resists will be fine. shako doesn't really add anything to him other than hps.