Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

NM Act 2 Holy Freeze Merc

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by MMF, Nov 10, 2006.

1. MMF

MMF IncGamers Member

NM Act 2 Holy Freeze Merc

Im not sure where to post this so I guess I will post it here, my question is that if I have a merc from act 2 nm with holy freeze aura on and I give him Hand of Justice, will he have both auras on at the same time?

I am pretty sure Insight works as well, and if that works, then Phoenix must work too. Im trying to get the most fire damage out of my fire build possible.

And Im trying to weight out my possibilities between the three to have on my merc.

Thanks.

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Yes, he will, but IMO the holy fire aura isn't really useful. The point of HF is the slowing, not the damage and holy fire doesn't deal a lot of damage as well, even when wearing two or three items which provide that aura (the levels would be added then), as the merc (you need an act 3 merc for triple holy fire BTW) neither has fire mastery nor holy fire synergies to boost it.

3. MMF

MMF IncGamers Member

Yup you are correct, but Im looking for the - to enemy fire resistence boosting my fire damage even more. Hand of Justice is kind of pointless and was a dumb example to use, sorry. Its between Obedience (which has no aura) and Phoenix (weapon which has redemption) I think Im gonna go with Phoenix because the 40% firestorm on strike. 4 os weapon...

What would be the best 4os weapon to do this to? Would it be the same weapon as hoto? Any ideas, I would love to start looking now for this since I have 1 vex, 1 jah, 1 lo, which means I need one more vex, but I have a gul and hell forge to still do :-D So I still have a chance at getting a free one.

4. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

Um, are you putting these items on your Mercenary to boost his fire damage or _yours_ (as in a Fire Sorceress or something)?

Edit: Also, I am confused. Is the Phoenix/Obediance going your character or your merc?

5. MMF

MMF IncGamers Member

They would be going on my merc, and its to boost my fire damage because the - to enemy fire resistence helps me out, just like if another player were in the game and would have on that gear, it would also help me out.

6. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

AFAIK, the -ve/+ve [Element] mods work only for the carrier of the mod. Meaning a Phoenix/Obediance on your mercenary won't help your fire damage out at all.

Also, the best weapon for HoTO is a Flail, and that was what got me confused... since I don't think your Mercenary can carry a Flail...

Edit: Also note that the Redemption Aura on Phoenix will only regen for your mercenary, not you. And the Firestorm damage is relatively low.

7. MMF

MMF IncGamers Member

Ok thanks for the help.