Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Nizaris' Big Thread of Answers.

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Nizaris, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Nizaris

Nizaris Clan Officer - US West Hardcore

Nizaris' Big Thread of Answers.

[edited out]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  2. Overpowerd

Overpowerd Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Nizaris' Big Thread of Answers.

Nobody asked when is beta or if they are still targeting for 2011: :/ Thx for Q/A tho, Nizaris.

3. Nizaris

I didn't allow those questions. If you looked at the original thread, I didn't allow such a question. In fact, it was such a known taboo, not a single fansite asked the question. Because we know the answer. If they wanted us to know the date, they'd have let us know directly - and not just fansites.

It would have been headline news for their info dump. Thus, A) it wouldn't need to be asked or B) if they don't give it to us, it's something we shouldn't ask.

Had I asked, I'd have looked extremely unprofessional and received eye-rolling and sighs.

4. konfeta

konfeta Diabloii.Net Member

Damn, nice. Two very big surprises one pleasant, other less so.

Willpower being gone to ensure that resource generation stays in check is good IMO.

Only 6 skills and 3 passives at a time? Oh boy, the item system better be amazing and combat a revolution.

5. Nizaris

We asked about mudflation with the AH and the possible repercussions of market saturation. They specifically noted that item progression will need to be watched heavily.

Meaning - if there are problems with the AH, they will be stepping in to regulate the market if it's needed.

6. ael

ael Diabloii.Net Member

***holes.

The only thing they care about is making money. Everything else beside that is marginal.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  7. YrrAB

YrrAB Diabloii.Net Member

Damn, so it looks like the ONLY form of PVP will be match-making/arena? That's a bummer. I'd have liked the option to make a PVP enabled game or something of the like, not having to do PVP in an arena style all the damned time.

8. meonfire

meonfire Diabloii.Net Member

WTF "real money" auction house is real Oo ... damn god this cant be true :(

i mean come on please blizz tell me thats a hoax

holy crap you can use all skills now .. every time (question 21) ... dont really know what i should think about this

(from the gameplay perspective)

but just own 1 char of each class and got access to every skill sounds totally wrong to me

long-time motivation anyone? ... so players are only different by traits and dye now ?

no more hard skill desicions ? .. planning a char was at least 4 me a big aspect wich makes diablo 2 so much fun

---------------

oh man :( .... iam looking forward to diablo 3 but i really hate these 2 changes

i swallowed the pill that there are no stat points .. but also no skill points ... dont know if i should take a headshot or just cry like a baby

9. Maurish

Maurish Diabloii.Net Member

Don't forget that skill runes are still in the game which will play a huge part at character customization.

10. Apocalypse

Apocalypse Diabloii.Net Member

the long time motivation is to try and make money from selling items. thats the end game bliz has in mind for us. work your *** off so bliz can get more money. you do all the work they get a for sure cut while you hope it sells. there is no more making alts and no more rerolling, all there is now is the item grind.

11. sbn

sbn Diabloii.Net Member

Because Warden has just been so successful in the past at catching and stopping bots /sarcasm

I would really like it if they could just give us some reassurance that D3 will not become like D2 in a matter of weeks. D2 is virtually dead now, and I think a lot of that has to do with the bots, and even more the annoyance and displeasure that spambots bring.

12. HardRock

HardRock Diabloii.Net Member

At the moment, I honestly don't see a reason to play past Normal, except if you are a chinese farmer and doing it for the money. You can try out all the possible skill / trait (it's a better name than passive skills) combinations by then and probably most of the runes as well.

13. Don Jaime

Don Jaime Diabloii.Net Member

If this is truly the case, as the actual gameplay will show if the game's not really all that much fun because so much has been stupified, then I hope D3 bombs.

Real fans of the series honestly can't help but feel disenfranchised right now.

As things stand and if Blizzard doesn't undo this greedy gesture, I'm certainly not pre-ordering now. If I get selected for the beta, then and only then will I consider buying it when it comes out. If not, and if there's a demo after release, I won't be in a hurry to try it. I'll be too busy playing good games that are coming out later this year and early next year.

14. Don Jaime

SO true.
    And you remember what we were discussing before, the prisoner's dilemma?

Seems the nature of their item drops isn't only to keep people from fighting over items, but to encourage people to hoard because there's no penalty for taking too long to pick up drops that you can now sell for real money. The system makes it just more appealing...to idiots.

I even personally speculated that if you have items you can't use that others can see only if you drop those items, what's it going to hurt to trade or just give them away to help the team? Well, apparently no one's gonna be trading jack except at an auction house. Gold trading is bad enough, but spending actual money on pixels... I just don't get it. There will be no spirit to the gameplay this way... it'll be more like work instead of playing a game.

It's pretty sad. If this is really how things are going to be, then this is gonna be played by a bunch of "suckers" with Blizzard being the "cheats".

I can't say I'm surprised. It wasn't developed by the original team. Blizzard is also owned by some seriously greedy b******s. I say everyone boycot this p.o.s. and help screw up profits for whatever quarter this is released in. That might teach them a thing or two.

This is just part of a scary trend in gaming and I refuse to support it if things aren't changed.

15. djxput

djxput Diabloii.Net Member

Apoc you hit the nail on the head there ...

the lack of variability with skills and no more traits - all characters the same; except for runes but those again can be bought ...

So there is only the item grind which nets blizz more $.

Only saving grace is HC mode where you cant sell items for real money but then again when you get a legendary you will think - oh I could of just made 100$ for this in SC.
    IMO ID much rather have a pay per month service for them to hire a team of people to ban bots/chinese farmers/spammers then this $ AH.

16. konfeta

konfeta Diabloii.Net Member

No need to be hyperbolic. The characters are all the same, but people will play differently.

17. HardRock

HardRock Diabloii.Net Member

I remember and I agree with what you've said. In this system cooperating with others just became a less desirable choice than being selfish and all this in a game that's supposed to be about coop. Oh, if irony could hurt...

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  18. Steven Catogen

Steven Catogen Diabloii.Net Member

Great, so spend real money to compensate? Because we all know what that means. The cash AH will be the only place to get items.

More support for the real cash shop, and... dyes? Lol, so looking red but otherwise being exactly the same is differentiation? I should have specified meaningful differentiation, not purely cosmetic stuff, or random crap. Or diluted loot tables, which would run counter to that previous point.

Here is D3 so far: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueywqUBW3oM&feature=related

19. jamesL

jamesL Diabloii.Net Member

Nizaris, I thought you had made a post saying that rushing was going to be gated ?
    anymore info on that ?

20. Don Jaime

Something tells me they'll make good items drops just as rare, or even rarer than in Diablo 2 to get the desired AH market they want. Not only that, but I still smell monthly subscription fees, whether it's been "confirmed" or not.