Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

nith runs problems

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by mugana, Sep 8, 2006.

1. mugana

mugana IncGamers Member

nith runs problems

I have a tal rasha meterorb sorc with no max block and nith runs are very dangerous to me. I do use nat's peace but i find that the vipers in the last level are a pain. They tend to kill my insight merc. they also almost killed my sorc too.

I just need my merc to survive so i can kill everything in there. He uses insight voulge, duriels, and vampgaze. Will he survive better if i give him an andy helm? It is the poison that kills him. He has almost max res.

2. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

You might simply want to carry some antidotes or indeed Andariels Visage should help, since with maxed resistance he should then have 85% poison resistance. Also there is nice leech, +str and 20% ias on that helmet.

3. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

It's not the poison; it's that those poison clouds also deal physical damage per frame that your Merc walks through them. There are really only two ways to keep him alive:

1. Keep him from walking through the clouds (teleport away, often)
    2. Give him gear that reduces the per-frame physical damage.

Since it's a small amount of physical damage applied many many times per second, the best way to negate the damage is with PDR gear like Gladiator's Bane rather than %DR gear like Shaftstop. Glad's Bane with a Sol rune will actually negate more than half the damage while Shaftstop with a Ber rune will only negate 38%. You could also give him a Tal's Mask socketed with a Sol rune instead of Gaze (resist, life, and more leech).

4. mugana

mugana IncGamers Member

good idea. Sucks that i trashed all those gladbanes that i found. Even found a nice eth one before

5. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Everyday, one learns something new. Didn't know those clouds had phyiscal damage in them. Thx.