nith key drop?

lotrfan

Diabloii.Net Member
nith key drop?

does nith not drop keys anymore. i know he has a 1/11 or 1/12 chance to drop a key but i would think that after 50 runs i would get at least one.

lotrfan

Diabloii.Net Member
did blizz do some kind of tweaking without an "official patch" or something its frustrating now because key drops are alot less and the people that drop keys don't drop as good as they used to

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
I got 5 dest keys in 45 runs, that's more than average, but the Countess hasn't dropped a single one during that and I have 10 excess keys from the Summoner. It's all luck.

edgie

Diabloii.Net Member
does nith not drop keys anymore. i know he has a 1/11 or 1/12 chance to drop a key but i would think that after 50 runs i would get at least one.
I hit something like well over 70 in the past couple of days. It's pretty frustrating.

lotrfan

Diabloii.Net Member
what does a destruction key go for now (well all of them actually) it might be easier for me to buy one than waste hours hunting for the dkey.

zeskelnec

Diabloii.Net Member
I 've been key running my last 3 LOD sessions, and got 5 hate + 2 Terror in 10 Sorc runs (1 hour), but running nihi is a pain and after 20 Pala runs , 3 runs /hour coz I do pindle as well and have 3 levels to go down, nothing and a lot of waste of time. I am not a fast runner, true as well.

Demonic Angel Rules

Diabloii.Net Member
The drops seem to have gotton lower but not as low as you guys are making it sound. I can find 2 if I go for an hour straight. What chars you guys using?Ive found that the fastest runners are either hammerdin with enigma OR Zealot with Greif in PB. I dont have a hammerdin with enigma but my cousin does. Hammerdin is faster but enigma might be to pricey for some people. I use my zealot and I can do runs in about 10 mins. I would be much faster if I had Slain monsters rest in peace and if I had a better way of killing PI's.

diablo loves donutz

Diabloii.Net Member
IMO a good light sorc with an infinity merc can easily take care of nihl in no time. I can run him extremely fast due to my fcr and killing is usually never a problem.

MysticDragon

Diabloii.Net Member
My Hammerdin and Barb can do it in under 2 minutes. I don't use Nature's Peace. I run with 11 frame using the Barb. I howl/leap and conc/ww him to death. It is good practice for tri-ww.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
How do you keep killing nith while keeping the portal open to Pindy, Zeskelnec?
By having a separate character for Pindle. For example, I use a CL/FO sorc for keys (not caring about MF beyond wearing a shako and Gheed's) and a meteorb sorc for Pindle and the other MF targets.

Going to Nihlathak via the portal takes far too long. From the waypoint it's 5 seconds to the stairs (there are just 3 map designs) and in the Halls of Vaught, Nihlathak is to the opposite of the branch with the pack of champions. I don't check the drawings on the walls. Perhaps it's quicker, but IMO it's more dangerous.

Noite Escura

Diabloii.Net Member
All luck I guess. I have run countless Countess runs for runes and never found a single Terror Key. On the other side, I have found 2 Hate keys and never ever did a Summoner run, just normal questing :-/

SuLyMaN

Banned
I tried running nith w/o nature peace and got toasted!! (grief/fort etc) No CTA...

As for the maps and how to get him, im still clueless!! I seached the forums and didnot understand at all what was being said by the descriptions!!