Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Nilithak Runs? Possible?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by KoRuPsHuN, Jan 31, 2004.

1. KoRuPsHuN

KoRuPsHuN IncGamers Member

Nilithak Runs? Possible?

I know that his mlvl is high, so he can drop good items. So he's good to kill for MF.

I've killed him, but I never talked to Anya so I could keep going in the portal to his temple. So why don't people just do that for MF?

2. mindcandy

mindcandy IncGamers Member

cos corpse explode is a *****!
    but you can talk to anya and still have the portal dude
    only when you take the wp does it remove the portal
    ffs

3. ventilator

ventilator IncGamers Member

It all depends on your build. The simple thing to do is to just leave the monsters around him alone and smack him with an attack of your choice. He's got so little HP that he'll go down in a instant. The hard thing is getting there reasonably fast on Hell diff without teleport.

4. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

Corpse explosion doesn't have to be bad. Wear Nature's Peace Ring (Slain Monsters RIP) and be sure that you (not your mercenary or minions) get every kill. Nith won't have anything to explode, and his other attacks are hardly significant. And you don't lose the red portal until you get the wp. Either you can have faster nith runs and slower pindle runs, or vise-versa. It's up to you.

5. grimtaash

grimtaash IncGamers Member

Actually, from my experience, he can have some corpse explosion from frenzy'd guys that explode. You didn't kill them, so they don't rest in peace. But they are a small enough # of monsters that it's not much of a problem. I do recomend having your merc die off beforehand, unless your merc doesn't do very much killing. Now, If you could pull off Tyrel's might for your merc....you'd be so rich you don't have to do Nith runs :)

grim

6. GIR

GIR Banned

I remeber the first time I ever met up with Nilithak. Corpses started exploding all around me. I thought my Shadow Master have put up a Death Sentry trap until I saw my health go down next to nothing. That was pretty funny.

7. Atomium

Atomium IncGamers Member

From a MF point of vue, Nilhatak is a difficult target. It is long to reach, lots of minions around, hard to kill, corpse explosion, and his drops are not so outstanding.
    You're better off with Meph, Pindle or Baal, unless you are looking for originality.