Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Nihlithak Runs?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by slick4hire, Apr 7, 2004.

1. slick4hire

slick4hire IncGamers Member

Nihlithak Runs?

Okay, maybe I am starting to bore with the typical runs, or maybe I am just a BIG risk taker, but it seems to me that Nihlathak could be run using an assassin.

I am currently running a level 75 DTalon/DS/LS Assassin and was thinking this build would be optimal for running him.

The technique would be as follows:

1. Cast CoS FAR FAR away from N/spam MB and LS.
    2. Keep laying death sentries so as to take away N's fuel.
    3. When bodies stop popping, move in for the kill.

Now, am I stupid in thinking this can be done? :bonk:

Any comments or suggestions are more than welcome, including the "you are crazy/stupid" flaming comments.

:flip:

2. Sip

Sip Banned

Do these runs with Natures peace ring on you and Templar's Might on your merc. Both are fairly easy to get.

The Monsters rest in peace mod will take care of everyone you kill. The only thing to worry about are the suicider bomb guys who run at you and blow themselves up. I'm pretty sure they can be Corpse exploded by Nik...but That damage is very low.

Other than that, try to get % DR, high resists and good block.

Basically try to clear the mess with LS (DS wont do jack) and then go in for the Nik kill with your claws.

Thats about the only safe way to kill Nik without 50% DR and 3k+ life.

3. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

Sure it's possible. However, you have to be able to take a CE or two, whether you "clear" the "fuel" or not, as Nihi spawns new baddies now and then. Of course, another really big threat doing that is getting to him. Those Vipers can hurt.

4. Chiller_babe

Chiller_babe IncGamers Member

Have to agree with that - I've seen more people in the patch go down to the Vipers than Nihlathak himself.

I did run him a few times with a CE necro - it seemed to work fine - the other charac I have seen run him was a barb who just LA'ed him and mashed Nihlathak to a pulp without killing anything else!

Chill

5. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Nithlaks CE is weak as hell now and so are the exploders, getting to him is really the whole battle.

The Pit Vipers espeically Uniques and Champs are some nasty characters and regardless of resists will poison you no less that what Radament does and probably worse. i could see some non-boed characters taking a big dive turning the corner to meet about 5-6 Vipers with a unique boss and i am not overstating it.

i ran nithlak in Hell with my self as a skellymancer and this Barb.......Well the barb quit and I finished him solo. Took a long time to do it as the vipers and PI Witches ate my skellies up. That was one time I was damn happy I mased Bone Spirit.

6. emuporium

emuporium IncGamers Member

i dont think natures peace works with trap kills.

7. NeoHydragen

NeoHydragen IncGamers Member

Nope, only melee kills

8. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

I think you're right, traps counting as minions and all.

Lucky

9. WingBlade

WingBlade IncGamers Member

That's quite correct... Nature's only works w/ physical deaths - not magical...

However, Traps have been considered minions to a Trapsin... similar 2 skells/ magis / golems are 2 a necro. not sure bout the traps tho... I think there still considered magical dmg.

10. emuporium

emuporium IncGamers Member

considerd magical (lightning) damage, but since they are considred minions the traps are killing the baddies, not you

any physical attack or standard spell (orb, fireball, hammer, etc...) will trigger the RIP

11. Corndog

Corndog IncGamers Member

Works for my FO sorc on pindle runs. When I kill them they dont revive.

12. det

det IncGamers Member

Must agree with the posters above. Its not Nihlatak who scares me but the Vipers, especially since they seem to be bugged and deliver the poison damage per frame and not per second (or so).

First KTA team that played him untwinked..BO'ed and Oak'ed full party...Necro died from one Bonespear and never knew what hit him. Nihlatak was a joke however.

13. Ratel-OWNS-Ity

Ratel-OWNS-Ity IncGamers Member

pretty much nihlathak is a big wimp now. as said before Vipers are what to worry about now. You missed your chance to MF nihlathak back in 1.09.