Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

nihla runs

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by freaky necro, Sep 30, 2006.

1. freaky necro

freaky necro IncGamers Member

nihla runs

i was wondering what would be a good cheap gear build for doing dkeys runs (prefer a sosa but doesnt have to be a sosa). I heard fire sosa's. I just ripped my infi griffon char:cry: and i only got 2-3 ists trading stuff left so i need a new dkey runner but cant afford the gosu gear anymore
    thx for answering:thumbsup:

2. Lyndis

Lyndis IncGamers Member

Don't run him. Run countess and Summoner. Trade 2 keys for one Nihlathak key.

3. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

Yeah, but D keys are much, much quicker to run. The map is always the same. You can probably run the entire halls of pain faster than you can find the countesses tower or one arm of the arcane sanc.

I haven't ever had much luck doing him with any of my sorcs. My meteorb can do it, but I have to sit back and spam fireballs from a good distance. It works, but kinda slow.

Now my hammerdin on the other hand, he'll complete the whole run in less than 30 seconds. I just tele right on top of him, drop about a dozen hammers, collect any good drops, then remake the game and do it again. Hoto and Enigma are kinda required though. If your economy in europe is anything like ours on us east, then 2-3 ists should cover it. But I suppose that's a discussion for the trade value forum.

*yeah, I realize I just recommended a non sorc build in the sorc forum. probably bad manners.

4. freaky necro

on europe eni (hr =2.5 ist vex=1.5-2 ist) is 5 ist didnt ript her during dkey run but in br. magechick i know that hammerdin is better but its to expensive ty for youre bad manners ;)

5. freaky necro

k i know what i'm going to use a meteor with es had some advice from a friend i try this out and let you know the results but you can reply. a lot of pple asking this to me and i didnt know the answer so ;) maybe some other pple can use this to

6. MageChick

I believe his minions are cold immune (can someone confirm that?). That would probably mean meteorb is better than blizzballer. Just be sure to use a natures peace ring to avoid the corpes explosion.

I also don't recommend taking a merc down there. Anything your merc kills will be a target for CE. Hmm, wonder how it would work to unequip your mercs weapon down there? That way you can still get the benifit of his aura, but if he doesn't kill anything, then CE isn't a problem. Kinda thinking out loud here - thoughts anyone? Anyone tried this?

7. freaky necro

my sosa would be a meteor only with max telekins and 1 point in es i think, i got a 3 light amu a 3 light circlet and a nature peace on a mule and with a 3es memory staff i would have a es of 16 is this enough? for my merc i use a low dm lvl 17 iris so i guess i can safe energie points and use max vita, the combat gear would be tal set 1-1.5 ist atm in euhcl and a 35fcr spirit also have that one on a mule. this will give me 105% for safe tele around the snakes. i also use for soc sol runes so i have reduced dm by x mod. think i also got a reduced dm ring somewhere. In total my gear would be less then 2 ist but i dont know if one point in es is enough and if my meteor is strong enough. at magechick his minions are cold imune nihla is usually cold imune but he can spawn fire imune but that wont be often so. I know it can be done with a metaorb but the single purpose for this char is nihla runs and cold doesnt help there.

8. MageChick

meteor + fireball = sniping. That's the only way I've ever done it. You planning on tanking him?

9. freaky necro

yes i was planning on tanking him

10. MageChick

tanking on HC? you're more gutsy than I am. Good luck

11. DarkYakuza

DarkYakuza IncGamers Member

my ES/Orber does all key runs, only problem is that my merc is doing more killing then me most of the time. I can do nilathak in under 1 minute.

to do this u cast static field and lure the cold immunes out to where nilathak doesnt corpse explosion you. (around past the first wall thing) my merc kills the monsters 1-2 hits after static so it takes a few seconds. Then u can orb nilathak if hes not cold immune, if he is u gota keep static'ing/tk him to death while ur merc jabs him.

tedious, but works, and its cheap. (uses an insight CV)

12. freaky necro

ty for the advice havent thought of that :( so i started with a meteor atm i'm lvl 62 (going for some br in hell). I got a tal set for ist pul but the only prob is that es prebuff is lvl 16 (do i need more? Friend of my didnt used a es and he tanked nihla with metaorber, his orb was over 1k and meteor was 32k. As you can guess with gosu gear like perf df nw etc) and the str req for spirit has taken a lot out of vit points so maybe i need more points into es. But my meteor is pathetic only 4.x k. What would be better syn meteor or es (or a rebuild/lightsosa/ different class got a eni shako and hoto (also a griffon from ript java) i dont use but i hate playing hammerdins they are to overpowerd)

13. Demonic Angel Rules

Demonic Angel Rules IncGamers Member

I use my merc down there to kill the minions. I kust let him get hit by the CE because it dont hurt him. Im not sure y it dont but it seems to hit him but hes health never changes. I just sit back and unload fireballs and never get touched. If you use a merc down there just stay back from everyone and kill the ones that r running at u, that way NP still works. Try it it works for me.