Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Nightmare Rune Hunting

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by dmaster, Jul 2, 2005.

1. dmaster

dmaster IncGamers Member

Nightmare Rune Hunting

I know most people who do things, do it on Hell difficulty, but my character can't hang Hell yet, but i think I could do it if i had a couple of the lower-tier runewords.

Obviously, I'm not expecting to find a Zod, or anything "good" to most people, but a Sol, Shael, Io and some of the mid-grade runes are what I'd prefer to find.

I know the Countess has the highest single-character chance of dropping runes, but at level 66, it's worthless to fight that area for anything BUT runes, and the 5 levels of dungeon is a pain in the ass to do. Is there really anything better that might not have a single-person chance of giving up a decent rune, but if I kill every enemy around... I'd have an overall better chance of a good rune?

2. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

make a new char for nm hellforge runs.

3. MilkmanAl

MilkmanAl IncGamers Member

Actually, the monsters on levels 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 of the tower are levels 75, 76, 77, 78, and 79, respectively. Champions add 2 to those values, and uniques (like the countess) add 3. The drops still aren't wonderful, but they're not as bad as lvl 66 either.

Good places to kill for runes would likely be the worldstone keep and chaos sanctuary since there are tons of enemies there at reasonably high levels (the highest you'll get in NM, anyway) that can drop pretty nice runes. The council in NM has historically been fairly kind to me, as well.

4. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

try nm baal runs. You just might find some mid lvl runes along the way to the throne.

5. gmcbroom

gmcbroom IncGamers Member

You could try Act 3 lower Kurast. There is a ton of chests there that might spit out a few runes for you.

6. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

... as well as decent XP.

I also suggest to do nm Meph runs with a sorc if you are still lacking a lot of basic stuff, or collect gems in nm cows and trade for that.