Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Nightmare Mode Resistance and Isenhard's Set

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by gabrielop, Apr 8, 2004.

1. gabrielop

gabrielop IncGamers Member

Nightmare Mode Resistance and Isenhard's Set

I am playing in nightmare mode (now around clvl 45) and I just noticed that some of my resistances can go into the negative--I have never seen this happen before. Do we actually start with negative resistance in nightmare mode? That would explain it for me, since my gear has me at above 50% for all resistances, but one (poison) is showing at 22% and if I rearrange gear, it actually goes negative.

Also, I have two parts of the Isenhard set (sword and helm), but my bonus for wearing is MUCH different than what the guide says. I ended up with +10 to Strength and +235 to Attack Rating on top of the normal mods for both elements. I kind of like what I got more than what the guide here says I should be getting. If someone can tell me how to save a pic of the listing, I will do so and post it.

2. Milamber

Milamber Banned

As you move from Normal to Nightmare to Hell you suffer resistance penalties as such, which explains your resistance fluctuating.

About Isenharts, what does the guide say you're meant to be getting?

3. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

Yes you van get negative resistances in nightmare and hell modes. You base resists (that is if you stand there naked with no charms and haven't used each difficulties scroll of resistance) will be -100 in hell, -40/50 (not sure of this but thats roughly it) in nightmare and 0 in normal. So sounds like you may need to pump those resists a rhyme (shael/eth) or Ancients pledge (ral/ort/tal) rune word may be an option here. Charms also go along way here.

The isenharts bonuses you speak of are shwing up in green on the weapon/helm right? These are the partial set bonuses specific to that item. I.e if you equip the sword and one other item you get +10 str as a bonus on the sword. The same for the helm +8 AR per/clvl if the helm is equiped with one other item. Partial set bonuses for the whole set will appear in gold on each item.

hope this helps.

4. gabrielop

The Guide says that I should be getting +1.25/Clvl for my attack rating and +8% on all resistances. What I get in actuality (I just checked) is the following:

+5/Clvl for Attack Rating (At Clvl 45 = +225 AR)
    +8% on all Resistances
    +10 Strength

Trust me, I am not complaining. Just wondering if the guides are all that accurate--I have been throwing away some set items because the guide will say they are pretty useless in combination.

5. farting bob

farting bob Banned

as for resistances, if you have +100 res yuour immune (doesnt happen though, 95 is the highest, but theoritcally speaken), at 0 res you recieve the exact amount od dmg that the monster sends out.
    eg: if a archer has a normal fire dmg of 100 and your res is at 0 you will receive 100 dmg. if you res is at 50 you will recive half dmg
    if your resistances are negative then you recieve more dmg than the monster sends out.
    eg: the same archer shoots you and you have -25 fire res. you get 125% of the dmg he does, so you recieve 125 dmg from a 100 dmg attack.

6. Dodgydave

7. gabrielop

Actually, here is the entire listing of mods:

Helm:
    Defense 26
    Durability 30
    Required Strength 41
    Required Level 8
    +6 to Dexterity
    Damage Reduced by 2

All Resistances +8%
    +10 Strength

Broad Sword
    Damage 17-18
    Durability 32
    Strength Required 48
    Required Level 8
    +20% Increased Attack Speed
    +10 to Minimum Damage

+225 Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)
    +10 Strength [Not an addition to the one above--simply the bonus for the set)

Mods are in the colors they appear on screen. Blue--normal magical properties; Green--bonus for item for wearing two or more; Tan--bonus for the set (which I am getting for wearing 2). The guide on the website says that the +20% Increased Attack Speed should be a +3 to Light Radius.

8. gabrielop

Thanks Dodgy--I was using the guide from diabloii.net--which was how I accessed this forum--so I assumed (wrongly) that everyone accessed this through the diabloii.net website. I will check out the Arreat Summit--thanks for the clarification all.

9. Dodgydave

I seem to use the Arreat Summit for all info regarding sets/uniques and cube recipies it seems to be fairly accurate in these regards. For anything more detailed asking here or the statistics forum is a good bet, I like to double check what I have read is right by running it past people.