Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

nightmare magic finding help plz

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by FrustratedNecro9500, Mar 1, 2004.

1. FrustratedNecro9500

FrustratedNecro9500 IncGamers Member

nightmare magic finding help plz

i have a 68 lvl blizzard sorc, and dont have the 63% fast cast so i cant whip through the durance via teleport. i can beat mephisto, but its not mephisto thats the problem...its getting to him thats the problem. so i was wondering where a good place to mf on nightmare is without the fast cast. i have run andariel about 12-15 times and have got complete bullcrap so im not doing that anymore. i have also been doing travincal, no success there yet either. is there any good places to mf in nightmare besides mephisto? i was considering nightmare pit runs but wasnt sure if that would be a good place to go, i heard it is on hell tho. thanks for the help.

2. JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS

JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS Banned

You could try those pit runs, or doing eldritch/shenk/pindle runs should work out well for you, Hope I could help.

3. FrustratedNecro9500

who is eldritch? and what kind of items would u think i would need to get my hands on a wizardspike?

4. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

A great survival setup that I have tried in getting to meph was using a Wizardspike and LidlessWall. This will get you past the 63% u needed, more resists, and a nice mana boost for teleporting. When you get to meph, you can just switch back to your mf weapon/shield quickly with your weaponswitch hotkey.

And I'll be happy to give you a wizardspike and lidlesswall for free. Please leave your account name, and I'll look for ya. :lol:

5. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

i believe i got my good starting eq from baalruns. nm isn't too bad and he drops decently. good xp too.

6. FrustratedNecro9500

its gs2004

i got impatient and traded 7 perf gems for the wizspike, but now that i have it i realize im 30 or 40 dex short of being able to use it. ugh. but ill take ya up on the lidless hehe.

so i take it my best course of action would just be run baal over and over again and then once in awhile do shenk and eldritch? i only have about 110% mf on my gear right now so thats probably why im getting crap so far.

7. myc

myc Banned

What conclusion can be drawn from 12-15 runs ?
    Yet what conclusion can be drawn from 120-150 runs??

go do 12000 - 15000 runs then i'll recognize your analysis

8. decoy_sJ

decoy_sJ IncGamers Member

i would suggest nm andy to u. she drops v nicely for a easy to kill crap boss character.12-15 runs are insignificantly little and u shd not even try to draw a conclusion from wat she can and cannot drop without such a minute range. the important thing bout MF is patience and perseverence. u cant just run a character for a while, get no/crap drops, declare he/she is terrible and move on. just cos she might drop SoJs does not mean u will get one from her in 15 runs. i ran meph last night for bout 1 hour straight..no good drops dry spells everything..then within 5 runs he dropped me a Seraph's Hymn ammy, Ghostflame, lidless, headhunter's glory troll nest and a Nat's helm. if u wanna MF seriously, u must have patience. :yep:

9. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

i have a 68 lvl blizzard sorc, and dont have the 63% fast cast so i cant whip through the durance via teleport

You don´t need 63% fast cast. It´s only matter of little training. I could do it with 0% quick and easy. In my opinion NM Meph is the best mf run for sorc char in NM. Another good destination is Baal. If you have another char who killed Baal allready and IF your sorc haven´t done it yet, you can run Baal with chance for first time drop several times.
    You can always run act 3 NM looking for skillers (the best place in the game) or visit Countess hoping for runes or some other sweets.

i was considering nightmare pit runs but wasnt sure if that would be a good place to go, i heard it is on hell tho.

Pit is greate in Hell dif. In NM it does not make any sense.

10. superdude0526

superdude0526 IncGamers Member

Start "practicing" and perfecting "teleport" sure you will use up your mana, bvut the pots are easy to find plus you can buy them in town. Do you really care about "gold"? Your after the drops ... right? So forget about how much it may cost you to buy mana pots (I harldy buy them they drop so much) and teleport to baal and kill him 100 times! He can drop better than Meph for sure!

11. reese101295

reese101295 IncGamers Member

Nobody answered the question "Who is Eldritch?" I was wondering the same thing.

12. Makaveli

Makaveli IncGamers Member

Eldritch is the first unique monster (superunique??) in the frigid highlands. Hes above shenk, and above the first wp there in act5.

13. reese101295

reese101295 IncGamers Member

Ahh yes, thanks

14. FrustratedNecro9500

a little more success

got a unique wrist sword and a couple unique armors, sharktooth and crow caw. nothing great but its a start. got sharktooth and wrist sword from baal and crow caw from shenk. oddly enough havent got squat from baal.

so whats the best overall run for the money?

heres what im doing right now:

1) pindle
    2) eldritch
    3) shenk
    4) baal
    5)travincal
    6) meph

once in awhile i do andy, but still no luck there. there have been a couple times where she hasnt dropped an item at all. is this a good idea or should i take out a few of those and just run 2 or 3 of them over and over again?

PS i dont teleport to baal, had too many instances of teleporting right into a mass of monsters and got killed even tho i have the 63%+ FCR. but killing everything has got me some good exp :)