nightmare levels

hawkeyes

Diabloii.Net Member
nightmare levels

What levels do you people recommend to be on, on nightmare? For quests that is. Sorry about this noob question. Thanks

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
depends on what build and char you have. Most people tend to go to nightmare around lvl 50.

i suggest 40
when i go to nm in 40, i usualy gain like 3 lvls in one baal run in full game

but if u r on hardcore, better b safe than sorry ;)

-fishstick

Tarantella

Diabloii.Net Member
hawkeyes said:
What levels do you people recommend to be on, on nightmare? For quests that is. Sorry about this noob question. Thanks

In hardcore for a I'd recommend level 49 minimum before progressing through acts 2-5 in nm.This maximises at least one level 30 skill to 20 points(+item bonuses). Much depends on playing solo,character type and whether rushing or not but as an amazon soloing in nm HC I usually hit Meph at lvl 55.

gorash

Diabloii.Net Member
usually i progress to nm act 1 around lvl 42-43. This is because there are very good unique weapons/armor that show up around that lvl. such as for pallys, the HoZ (lvl 42), bowazon/titans (lvl 43 i believe), etc. These items will help u much easier once u wear em for nm, but hard for hell still.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
I normally proceed to nightmare right after having finished normal mode, but the reason might be that I'm not rushing my characters. Normally the character is L30 then. However, on hardcore you might have to be a little more cautious.

Elgar

Diabloii.Net Member
krischan said:
I normally proceed to nightmare right after having finished normal mode, but the reason might be that I'm not rushing my characters. Normally the character is L30 then. However, on hardcore you might have to be a little more cautious.
i also dont rush, but i find NM a little tough at lvl 30. Therefore i do a few normal baal runs til ~35. To each his own i guess :)

druliusCleaver

Diabloii.Net Member
krischan said:
I don't rush either. I usually can't hurt Diablo easily until I have a level 30 skill available, and then I run act 5 a few times waiting for 40 before NM.