Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Nightmare Griswold and Smith drop Hell item

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by Rotsor, Mar 20, 2004.

1. Rotsor

Rotsor IncGamers Member

Nightmare Griswold and Smith drop Hell item

One of tems, that is dropped from Griswold/Smith is supposed to drop on hell difficulty. I tried to kill them several times. Often got TC39-42, and got elite item once. Can anyone confirm this bug? (I play SP)

2. Sessily

Sessily IncGamers Member

What do you consider a "Hell item?" Nightmare monsters (high level, albeit) CAN drop Elite items if that's what you mean.

3. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

In the case of griswold and the smith, both can drop from Act 1 (H) Uitem C, which in turns can drop elite items. It has been put through thorough discussion, and i am not sure that a final say was made. Personally I believe that it is not a bug, but it seems that way. How can these act 1 NM superuniques drop from an act 1 hell TC? Baffling...

Both can drop from, at best, weap63 and armo63. Their mLvl restricts them from dropping uniques (and sometimes sets) from those TCs.

4. TheDemonWithin

TheDemonWithin IncGamers Member

jgjhghjg hjkjhj jlj jlkj jlkj jlk jl j lkj jlkj lkjlkj lkjlkj

5. Nerimuker

Nerimuker IncGamers Member

I dont think its a bug, but more of an oversight on Blizzard's part.

If you look in TreasureClassEx.txt in the MPQ, you'll see that both Nightmare and Hell Griswold can drop from Act 1 (H) Uitem C, as ShadowCat there meantioned. The second drops however are different, so maybe somebody failed to notice that they copy and pasted the same thing twice.

Baffling indeed. For now, just enjoy the bonus drops.

6. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

Nm Griswold has a TC of 66... which is the same TC that Hell Tamoe Highland monsters, Hell Pit monsters, and I'm assuming the rest of those "good places to mf".

7. bradley_turner

bradley_turner IncGamers Member

but the TC of monsters doesnt matter any more, its based off of area TC isnt it?

8. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Not for everything. Some SuperUnique monsters have their own special TCs which don't get upgraded - mostly those with their own graphics (Izual, Smith, Hephasto, Blood Raven, Griswold, Countess, etc.).

It's not a bug or it would have been fixed in 1.09, let alone 1.10 (it's been around a while :) ).