Nightmare equipment upgrade quest

Tankrid

Diabloii.Net Member
Nightmare equipment upgrade quest

I just finished the first act in nightmare and can have one armor item upgraded but I have nothing that is non-magical or non-rare. The vendors do not sell anything that I can have upgraded as well. In nightmare is it a useless quest since you have nothing worth upgrading that could be ugraded?

MaxMax

Diabloii.Net Member
Upgrade.....

meaning Imbue or...?

If you are talking about imbueing, then you don't have to use the quest now, the result will be much better if done with a high lvl char (also depends on Item-lvl)

Tankrid

Diabloii.Net Member
The quest that the blacksmith will imbue one item for finding her hammer. How can you imbue without the quest?

Fear Before

Diabloii.Net Member
imbuing is one thing... upgrading is another. he was confused by your wording. with a cube recipe you can upgrade items to their second and third tier. for instance biggins bonnet, a cap, can be upgraded all the way to a shako. it will remain biggins bonnet. i'm sure there's an faq about this somewhere.

MaxMax

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok, imbueing:grin: @Fear Before is right, was a little confused about what you meant.

Anyhow people usual save the quest-reward (they do the quest just don't imbue.) for later. You can complete it on all difficuties,(delievering hammer) and just go back and use it when you like.

For a little more info see this thread: http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=513950