Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Nightmare Act 2 merc bug?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by Karmal, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Karmal

Karmal IncGamers Member

Nightmare Act 2 merc bug?

I rushed my barb to Nightmare since I figured the more levels I have to level the act2 offensive (might) merc, the better his stats will be in the end game. Anyway, he levels fine, but I have yet to see the might aura go once. Not a single time. Just the light radius effect appears under him, not the aura.

What is causing this? He's lvl 8 at the moment. But by diabloii.net he should have shown the aura at lvl 1.

2. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

He will not have better stats.

Merc stats only depend on the difficulty they are hired in, but NOT on the level they had when they were hired. Thus, if you hire a nightmare A2 merc at lvl 20 he'll have exactly the same stats at lvl 90 as a nightmare A2 merc hired at lvl 40.

As for the aura... as the aura is considered an attack, it should go on eventually. If it doesn't then you'll probably have to wait for him to get past the "magic" level at which his aura becomes available: it is well possible that the game currently considers his aura level to be negative, and that it won't go on until it reaches at least level 1.

Might level: (clvl-15)/4 --- so watch out, maybe it will turn on when he turns 19.

Of course, instead of babysitting your merc you could just ditch him and hire a normal one for the time being, until you have a higher level yourself.

3. rubberband shooter

rubberband shooter IncGamers Member

The mercenary info at diabloii.net main site is outdated for 1.10. Use the mercenary guide in the strategy companion instead. According to the chart in that guide ( available for download near the top of the page, if you can't find it, its here ), your merc right now have a might level of 0. He needs to be at least level 19 for his might aura.

4. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

This was done in vain, because the number of level-ups doesn´t matter for the stats. The only thing that matters is the difficulty in which the merc is hired. So any merc that can be hired in Normal should be hired in Normal (but of course, Might, Thorns and HF mercs can only be hired in Nightmare).