Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Nightfish, any more guides? :)

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by fredsta54, May 25, 2005.

1. fredsta54

fredsta54 IncGamers Member

Nightfish, any more guides? :)

Hey nightfish. I enjoy reading your not-so-cookie-cutter character guides, and im wondering, are you planning to write up any more in the future?

Fred

2. ahcw

ahcw IncGamers Member

This would probably be better suited as a PM.......

3. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

Well, PMs or one of my other threads might have been your friend. ;) Perhaps this thread: http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=344448

I had planned to write a general guide on how to build characters but that one is too time consuming for now. University has me totally *swamped* with work and I can't casually crank out an all encompassing guide like that.

Doing them on specific characters is far easier, I could probably write some more of those, based on my guardians. But generally there seemed to be little interest in that, especially if the char was not suited for MF, so I didn't do that / won't do that.

4. fredsta54

Well i thought that you can only hold up to 5 PM's at a time, and i assumed he was full.... anyway i did mean guides on specific characters. I think that if you wrote one up there would be no complaining// the forum would appreicate it :)

5. Nightfish

You should always try PMs first. ;) While they are no longer good for extended conversations they're the place to start. Second best option is to hijack a thread. Any one of my guide threads would have been alright. The most recent one has been hijacked at least twice already :D

Well, yes, no one would be complaining and people would post that it's a good guide like they always do. But if you check the feedback thread, next to no one used my non-fishymancer guides. (iirc, been a while since I read it) I'm not sure the effort is worth it if only 2 people actually use it.

6. fredsta54

im pretty sure people have used them without you knowing. There are plenty of lurkers.

Fred

7. krzyhobo

krzyhobo IncGamers Member

*Raises hand*

8. MadMardigan

MadMardigan IncGamers Member

[/lurk]

<Jumps up and down, flailing arms like a madman> :clap:

Your WW-sin thread pulled me kicking and screaming back into the game. Unfortunately after going through all of my stashes I don't have any elite claws.

[hijack]
    Does anyone know the best places to find a suwayyah or scissors suwayyah?
    [/hijack]

And yes, I know the answer is "Anywhere/time you're not looking for one."

~Jay

9. Slothman

Slothman IncGamers Member

mmm id say run hell pindle without any mf maybe

yeah just checked atma drop calc and it says for scissor suwayyah only flayers from the flayer dungeon and frozenstein have better chances than pindle.. for a suwayyah it says hell cow king then hell meph, diablo, baal...

10. Artagas

Artagas IncGamers Member

suwayyah can actually be dropped by regular cows too according to atma, so running the secret level (without mf...and killing the king) might be your best bet.

11. MadMardigan

Figures, my highest level character just reached the Canyon of the Magi in Hell. Gotta kick him into high gear, although my waning interest in him is what caused my playing break in the first place. Then again, I also need an IKSC for a barb I've got, and I could always use tastey new items.

Back on topic: New guides would be cool, but keep up your studies NF! Uni is much more important than D2.

~Jay

edit: Looks like avatars are messed again . I hope the old trick to fix it still works.

12. ahcw

ahcw IncGamers Member

All you have to do is reload your 'tar :thumbsup:

13. MadMardigan

That would be the old trick :D

14. Nightfish

Go mine in the WS K. :)

15. Artagas

Artagas IncGamers Member

btw, for poor n00biez like myself even guides that i never build are sort of useful. I have scanned through almost all that are in the sticky at least once without intentions of building half, or third or tenth of them. It is kinda' nice to see other people's gear and skill combos, that you can in some ways incorporate in your characters. Like i am not saying i will play a ribcracker enchantress tomorrow but surely, i wont put duskdeep in the i-will-never-use-these-silly-grailers stash. The same could be sad for many of the non-cookie cutter guides out there in the forums. Just because people mostly play cookie-cutters it doesn't mean those guides are worthless.

16. Nightfish

Ah, don't get me wrong, I didn't say the guides were worthless. I just said that it's probably not worth the effort it takes to write one if all people gain from it is "oh, cool item, might use that. Just a look at the guardian thread can tell you that Darksight Helm (not duskdeep ;)) is a useful lil thing. Don't need a guide for that.

17. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

Do too.

Write more guides, Nightfish!

Write more! And have bad grammar in them! And have me proofread them! And reward me with leet zod ruenzz!11oneone

18. Thirty-Thirty

Thirty-Thirty IncGamers Member

This isn't the first time I've heard of such an idea. Its the one type of guide that is wholly lacking across all forums and FAQ sites. It could be done in sections by different people. But a fair bit of work for sure.