Night of the Nonstop Newbs!!!

Dark Knight

Diabloii.Net Member
Cerebron said:
10) I never knew you could not have more than one merc. I hired Ashab in Lut Gholein. Hey, where is Flora? Damn it.
Heh, yeah I think this one happened to me too.

Why cant you have your own party damnit :hanky:

FattyMcGee

Diabloii.Net Member
Ravenforce3 said:
I think I might come over from Europe, too. It's not like I have any friends who come on anymore over there.

Necrochild, Ravenforce, Xiamet, you SHOULD all come over to west! Ladder, that is ;)

My acc on west ladder is *thefatty. If you start an acc, be sure to let me know and add me to your list. I'm free for helping you out with items or rushing, or whatever you need. I have quite a few mules full of items on ladder so just let me know and i"ll hook you up.

Hope to see you online soon!

--fatty

Xiamet

Diabloii.Net Member
Dunno....ladder scares me because I have a really bad temper and the idea of dying and losing all my hard earned stuff, not to mention time put into a char makes me hesitant about running a ladder char.

But since alot of the nice folks on this board seem to be on west ladder...mmmmmaybe I should give it a shot. I'll create an account and let you guys know what the 411 is on that. I also need to test the connections and lag factor, as I'm not only on the east coast, but on...aaagh...dialup!

-X

Lyte_Hammer

Diabloii.Net Member
well i'm not sure when EVERY1 is one but i've usually been gettin with the group between 7-8 central time and i usually play till 'bout 1 o'clock...... the others play later but i gotta be awake at 5 and i need at least a little sleep

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
Let me see...7-8 pm central is about 3 am over here. I need to get up at 6 am. Sadly, I can't join. :hanky:

goofycaca

Diabloii.Net Member
I'll try adding some of your to my friends list, since I don't actually know how yet. Feel free to add me as well (same name, US West, Ladder). The only problem is that I'm still working on nightmare. I just spent 6 hours working Drognan to get a whiteable wand (+3 bone spear, +3 poison explosion). I don't mind getting some advice since I've only been playing for a few months and I really enjoy helping those not quite as far along as myself, which means not a lot of people.

Hope to see you folks around the ladder.

Lyte_Hammer

Diabloii.Net Member
well goofy my account name is *lytehammer_110 and i would love to add you to my f list but seing as you didn't list your acc name.......

goofycaca

Diabloii.Net Member
Lyte_Hammer said:
well goofy my account name is *lytehammer_110 and i would love to add you to my f list but seing as you didn't list your acc name.......
I'm on US West ladder, same name (ie goofycaca).

Ravenforce3

Diabloii.Net Member
Lyte_Hammer said:
well last night was much better..... we had like 6 people 4 from this forum i think..... anyway good game all around..... by the way didn't mean to make you mad raven.... hope to see you tonight
It's not you; it was the others.

1. I take crap from NO ONE. I was a wet blanket on your "plans" because of #2.

2. I have a different approach, sometimes called the Red Mage philosophy. Open every chest, complete every side quest, SIEZE THE EXP! I don't like being rushed. When it was you and HoS, it wasn't bad. We were taking our time and walking our way through the game and I was still gaining experience on par with what I am used to, dispite the fact that there was someone in the game 40 lvls my senior. Once the others showed up, it just wasn't working out. The sin was too fast. The others were just...childish.

3. I go a lot slower than you do. I don't like having someone teleport to the end just to do a quest. There is much exp to be had on the way to the Throne of Destruction.

These are three of my D2 philosophies.

Beatboxer

Ravenforce3 said:
It's not you; it was the others.

1. I take crap from NO ONE. I was a wet blanket on your "plans" because of #2.

2. I have a different approach, sometimes called the Red Mage philosophy. Open every chest, complete every side quest, SIEZE THE EXP! I don't like being rushed. When it was you and HoS, it wasn't bad. We were taking our time and walking our way through the game and I was still gaining experience on par with what I am used to, dispite the fact that there was someone in the game 40 lvls my senior. Once the others showed up, it just wasn't working out. The sin was too fast. The others were just...childish.

3. I go a lot slower than you do. I don't like having someone teleport to the end just to do a quest. There is much exp to be had on the way to the Throne of Destruction.

These are three of my D2 philosophies.

Your just comin' out of the Sigle player thing that's all.;)

I used to lean more to the "sit back and enjoy the game" quest philosophy but you know what, I've played straight through before, (more than once) I pretty much know what's coming. There are no surprises in slow questing for me anymore. I simply play this game now for the slight challenge, social stuff (smack talk and jokes;) ) and the eventual perfection of my favorite character builds.....

I guess that's my new new D2 philosophy. I couldn't hang with single player anymore. It's cool the first couple of times and then....Well, playing with freinds and Newbs (or nOObs) alike spices it up.

Anyway...Too bad I missed that stuff. I woulda smacked talked those bastards back to standard realm.:cool:

I still haven't seen ya on yet hammer...I'll probrably be on tonight allthough probrably not till around 1130-12 or so.

All should join, it's been alot of fun having all the extra help in lvling and such.

I feel a new thread coming on...linkit

P.S. Kickin thread title Lyte.^-^

Lyte_Hammer

Diabloii.Net Member
well its 10 now and i told HoS i was calling it an early night but if your gonna be on i might drop in later......i'll prolly be up anyway despite my best efforts.....

and Raven i have to agree with BB.... i used to play that way too...... after a couple years of it though theres really nothing left to surprise me...... but i understand completely and still offer my apologies on messing up one of your first West experiences...... hope to see you on again

Ravenforce3

Diabloii.Net Member
In part, I do it because I never know what I'm going to find equiptment wise. I've never been "lucky" when it comes to MFing. I just enjoy being able to take my time.

As for the Sp thing, I have been playing on Bnet for over a year now. I know that people like to rush down to the end. Why, though? What is the point of making a character that can sit in Baal runs endlessly to gain exp? There is none, really. I like to build characters that can solo anywhere anytime regardless of monster spawn.

And, yeah, I'll be back on in a bit...I just reclaimed my internet.

Beatboxer

Sorry Raven...I recognixed you from the sp forum and Mp games over there specifically. You had also said recently how "your just fine playing single player"....I thought you just re-started playing on the realms.

And ya, still, I'm with ya, there are more fun things to do than constant baal runs. I just do not enjoy questiong every character through every level through every difficulty...That is just boring and hugely time comsuming most of the time. The play strusture of D2, or a future game like it, could be much improved imo.

Pardon my thread jack Hammer.:bow:

Xiamet

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm kinda on the fence about the rushing and playing it through bit. On the one hand, i've played this game for years now...gone through more then a few chars and I've seen what the game has to offer...so playing it through over and over again isn't for me...except...!

I tend to rush through normal and nm...i just can't get excited by these levels and whatever quests may hold. I do them and get on with it. When it comes to hell, however....there's where I take my time...it's challenging, and fun as a result...even if I have gotten the amulet from the viper's lair a million times before...it's fun to test what a new build/char can do in hell.

So yea...rush me baby rush me...but save the last dance for me...and I like it slow and personal then.

my 2c

-X

Lyte_Hammer

Diabloii.Net Member
never thought to put it that way but yeah me too......

and np bout the "thread jacking" as far as i'm concerned this is just another OT for the Westers that play together

HarbingersOfSkulls

Diabloii.Net Member
A DeadMan's pms

Xiamet said:
I'm kinda on the fence about the rushing and playing it through bit. On the one hand, i've played this game for years now...gone through more then a few chars and I've seen what the game has to offer...so playing it through over and over again isn't for me...except...!

I tend to rush through normal and nm...i just can't get excited by these levels and whatever quests may hold. I do them and get on with it. When it comes to hell, however....there's where I take my time...it's challenging, and fun as a result...even if I have gotten the amulet from the viper's lair a million times before...it's fun to test what a new build/char can do in hell.

So yea...rush me baby rush me...but save the last dance for me...and I like it slow and personal then.

my 2c

-X

Way I see it, is that there's a few friends like I like to have in my party(they know who they are) and mainly like to bs most of them time with them. If someone is starting out and we are in NM, how much fun is it when the group is not all together?

I even leveled up Hammer and a few others over 6+ hours just to get them to do ancients..and didn't complain, whine or cry about it...because it didn't bother me to help them. Even had a good friend away from the forums join us also named Silverton, and he had fun also except for one person(and I won't call him out) who happened to put a damper on the fun when we was trying to help him out in the first place.

I've rushed, been rushed, and will continue to do so to help My Friends as I see fit. Fun is when you have people who you can Trust with anything of yours on the ground..and know it will be there when you come back while transfering.

People like Hammer, Beat, and Fatty I have no problems doing this with(from our forums), and have made the games fun for me and my other friends.

People that don't like being rushed for whatever reason, that's fine that you play the "old school" way and I don't have a problem doing that either(and still do that)...but don't be a baby about others wanting to help...and take it out on me or my friends either.

In fact, I took you off my friends list already(once again I won't mention your name here in the forums)...so you can just do the same.

I have not treated you like a p.o.s..but you have to my friends..that don't work with me. You see me in a game...just leave.

The whole purpose of my first post about meeting up with some of the other Necro's here was too have fun and get to know some of the nicer people on battle net, and I have done that(and hope to continue to meet others from here)

In closing.....WHATEVER

HoS