Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Night of the Nonstop Newbs!!!

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Lyte_Hammer, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Lyte_Hammer

Lyte_Hammer IncGamers Member

Night of the Nonstop Newbs!!!

Alright..... Now I had a great time last night on Diablo. HoS, myself, and a couple other people were in games together for about 8 hours. It was great we all knew what we were doing and it was smooth going, except for a few minor intrusions......

The first happened about halfway through the night. HoS and I join a normal canyon run game. HoS was in there before I was so I didn't catch the whole thing, but from what I saw this lvl 70 necro with full trangs was PKing everyone at the wp. HoS and I stayed in town due to our lack of stupidity. HoS was trying to taunt the guy. He called him anything he could think of for like 3 minutes. Then finally he said he'd be back with his venomancer.... and left the game. It wasn't even a half a second later when the Trang's Necro was gone. HoS got back in the game and we had a good laugh about it.

The second newb was when we were clearing out the chaos sanctuary, also in normal. He proceeded to tell HoS how much venomancers sucked as HoS cleared out everything in sight before i ever saw it. The he was going on about how leet his build was. You'll never guess what it was. Max IM and BG. Well me and HoS just chuckled tried to correct him, but we were no match for his 1337 5k1775.

The Third Guy was a map hacker. We just had a good ol' time with this guy. He was convinced that he was Godly because he had MH. He told us it could do everything from lvl you up, to create free items, to insta-pk people. Everyone in the game made fun of this guy for like an hour.

The last guy was another necro, sorry to say. We were in a baal run with 8 people. HoS had his lvl 67ish blizzard sorc there and there was an assortment of other chars as well. As soon as the minions started appearing there were like 10 bone walls. I told him we didn't need them and his only response was "I like bone walls.".... and he just kept spamming them.

Overall it was a good night. HoS, the others, and I had a great laugh at these newcomers and their inability to except advice. Still kinda chuckling as I write about it now. Just thought you guys would enjoy it too.

Hammer

2. Lyte_Hammer

if i forgot anything HoS feel free to chime in here

3. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Necro PK'ers piss me off.

It is kinda sad to see a Necro with Max BG and IM. I thought that those were extinct.

4. Lyte_Hammer

we tried to tell him they were...... or at least he was the last of his kind but he didn't listen

5. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

You should have put him out of his misery. It is called "thinning out their numbers". You need to kill them, or they will starve to death.

6. Cerebron

Cerebron IncGamers Member

There's nothing wrong for being a Newb. Everyone started as a newb. I've been playing D2 for only three months, and if you still call me a newb I won't be offended. However, the human mind is a learning machine (I'm a psych major btw). If someone tells you something that sounds cool, take the advice.

I was even worse when I just started. You may want to share these funny ideas with me.

1) I thought Arm of King Leoric sucked because it did only 10-22 dmg one hand.

2) Then I decided to use a bow to help my minions kill. I put at least 50 skill points into dex.

3) I maxed Golem Mastery just to let my Fire Golem move faster.

4) I never knew Act 2 Mercs had Auras because the merc was always killed before turning on his aura.

5) I never believed that Amp Dmg was going to help me anyway. It's just a bunch of flame above the monster's head. What the heck.

6) For the first time I cast the bone wall, I expected it to attack the enemy like a sorc's hydra.

7) I never bother to use any + skills items. For example, I thought +1 bone spear made your bone spear go from doing 100 dmg to 101 dmg. What's the point?

8) I made an Iron Golem from a sword. I thought the Thorns Aura meant this Golem rose from a sword (the visual effect of Thorns Aura was like a sword rotating around). Then my IG died. I made another IG from an armor. The rotating sword was still there! Should it be a rotating armor?

9) I thought golem was an enhanced form of skeleton. It grew fatter and started to have flesh.

10) I never knew you could not have more than one merc. I hired Ashab in Lut Gholein. Hey, where is Flora? Damn it.

7. jmprockstar

jmprockstar IncGamers Member

In some ways, I'm with Cerebron on this one. This game is harder than when it was released not merely because of all the changes made from patching but because so many people have become experts and so many newbs have wanted to become experts without using "their learning machine" and therefore buy/hack/dupe items before knowing how to use them.

<awkward pause for the mh'ers> :innocent:

But there are really at least two types of newbs.

1. The Well-Intentioned: I like these newbs. These are the ones that offer parties immediately, are grateful for free items, and ask questions politely. When you tell them about something they're doing wrong and what to do instead (no, don't max warmth), they want to know more about it. That's when I usually direct them to this site because game time isn't class time.

2. The Insecure: These guys suck. They're not good at the game, but they are willing to do anything to look like they are. Strutting with full Trangs, as was an example above, is a particularly stupid move, since it gives away your items and, therefore, largely what your build is and how you'll play in PK. Now, we know this, but they don't. So they're surprised when we can call them out and beat them in a simple PK... although I don't really like PKing (because of these kinds of newbs, in particular).

Perhaps there is a third:

3. The Clueless: These are the people who aren't trying to impress you but don't want any help because they don't know they need it. I played a norm baal game the other day with my wind druid, and the only character who stayed with me the whole time was a barbarian wearning studded leather and using a magic maul, I believe. His favorite skill was bash. When I asked him what build he was making, he said, "wut?" I asked what skills he was focusing on, and he said, "all of them". Not good. He kept tping out to get more potions, since he was getting the crap kicked out of him. A very good elemental zon and I made our way to the Summit and, as you might expect, the guy kept casting tps and reseting the Ancients, at one point after we had killed two of them. :rolleyes:

I never tire of reading people talk about spanking Newb #2 or helping Newb #1. But Newb #3 isn't interesting either way, although quite common in normal games.

8. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

The whole night was about gettting the mighty medic pally for our buddy hammer to 24 for ancients and then baal runs. And during all that time, we ran into some nice people(unlike the 3 already listed)...and it's kind of hard to say that they are noobs in the first place.

Only reason why I didn't go into arcane when I first got to the game hammer, was I was busy grubbing....and figured that the homo-necro would try something like that anyway(he was level 70 and in norm act 2).

Though, informing him that he did look really butt-ugly in full trang's, and that he was so scary. Even pointed out that he had to be a Venomancer that acted like a d*ck (cleaned it up for you Mad Mantis) but he was the other word for a Bonemancer that I like to use instead. So when I told his [email protected] about a few choice "dog" comments that had to be true.....Told him i'll brb to do this...Got my Venomancer...only to find out from hammer he ran like the family dog he ate.

But, highlight of the night was the MHer necro that swore everyone else was st*pid...though he did pronounce "he had staff" and MH in same statement.

So I had to make comments like: "Happy for you"..."what's my damage?"(after he proclaimed he could tell me my damage)..though he wasn't too bright...commented that MH got him a girlfriend...which was very quickly followed up by me and Hammer with "even got you through highschool huh?"

He left after that...and called us noobs...so I added his account to my friends list just to torment him rest of the night.

The bone wall guy, was funny also because once Hammer told him about Weaken being so good with Iron Maiden along with Summon Resist making the walls immune to all damage done to it....and he was so happy to know that vital piece of information...made his day.

Hope tonight is better,

HoS

9. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

lmfao :lol:

:thumbsup:

I wish I was on west now :hanky:

10. Lyte_Hammer

yea hi knew i forgot some stuff.... hell i typed the post at 6 in the morning...... but yeah i hope tonight is better too..... but even if it isn't then i'll still get a good laugh ya know?

11. Lithan

Lithan IncGamers Member

The third guy, who gulped pots... Shame on him. He actually played the game, rather than building a character according to an article written by someone with too much free time. Casting Tp's during ancient fight is a *****, but seriously; just tell them not to and if they do it a second time simply leave.

And why are people so afraid of venomancers? Unless they teleport... they aren't that hard of a duel. And if they teleport, then they are pansies using an inbalanced item who aren't worth your time. Bravo for scaring off a pking ****** though. Now go kill some town trappers. :)

And my first character was a LAN/Single Player Iron maiden blood golem CE. Why is it unfeasable now? I heard it was so I never made one after version 1.0, but what actually happened with it?

12. HarbingersOfSkulls

Hey Necrochild313,

Make a west ladder character, and add my account to friends list...I'll help you out. I'm sure others from our group won't mind either. It's a great group of guys. *DeadFukker

Though, what is truely classic...is when we all start talking about how good this will be on the forums, some people actually try to play it off as they know what site(and forum) we are from. :drink:

HoS

13. Ravenforce3

Ravenforce3 IncGamers Member

I think I might come over from Europe, too. It's not like I have any friends who come on anymore over there.

14. HarbingersOfSkulls

Feel free Ravenforce3, It's a very trust worthy group of people and alot of fun to be around.

HoS

15. Ravenforce3

Ravenforce3 IncGamers Member

All right. Keep your eyes open on West for an account with the same name. I'm there now (sorta.)

16. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Ah yes..lyte the gosu brings revelation to the newbs.
    Someone sure thinks highly of himself (me)

17. Xiamet

Xiamet IncGamers Member

Kinda tempted to make a move from US East myself...lost alot of friends to the 1.10 wait fest that blizz put us all through...and really, i'm down to about 1 who we rush each other from time to time and comment about each other's strategic abilities in warcraft...

if I did make a move on US west, I'll let y'all know...I think my first char might be a Skelemancer/Venom kinda guy...so I can do MF runs for my Bonemancer to come... :0

Anyways...I'll consider it...

-X

18. Lyte_Hammer

gosu? what the hell is that? did i miss something?

anyway the more the merrier on west man it'd be great to have a big group of good people to play with regurlarly

19. HarbingersOfSkulls

Gosu....would that be like Zoso?

oh wait...that's Led Zepplin 4

sorry

HoS

20. Lyte_Hammer

well last night was much better..... we had like 6 people 4 from this forum i think..... anyway good game all around..... by the way didn't mean to make you mad raven.... hope to see you tonight