Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

nicest thing you've done to someone in bnet?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Agateryon, May 16, 2005.

1. Agateryon

Agateryon IncGamers Member

nicest thing you've done to someone in bnet?

well for me it was this: i created a room to trade a highlords and a guy comes up and wants to give lots of items (most of them crap :p) and so i decided to give the highlords for free ;)

2. Xenon[XoA]

Xenon[XoA] Banned

was playing a new char, this guy comes in and offers me free stuff. saw my game, looked like I needed it - was a generic act1 questing game -. Just low rares mostly.

set his barb up with an ebotd, and a couple hr's worth of other gear ^^

3. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

omfg that was you? *snort* jay kay.

i was playing with a guy and lycanders dropped, he let me have it for my zon and i gave him a praven. hes my best friend from bnet now. =D

4. Zavior

Zavior IncGamers Member

I ppk'd someones sorc in hcl sewerrun. He clearly wasn't skilled enough to kill lv 12 with his lv 60 orber ^__^

5. front243

front243 IncGamers Member

I was playing with a friendly guy. We had a long, nice chat, and he was a bit clueless about values of items. He said he had a "friend" who paid him gold for all golden/green items he found. I learned him that it was in fact not a friend he had :)

When I was sure that he realized that he should not sell his items for gold, I loaded his necro with Arm of Leoric, Homunculus and Shako. We are mutual friends now.

6. Wmeredith

Wmeredith IncGamers Member

Right after the new RW's came out, I made 2 forts. I had been saving all my runeage and socketables all ladder, waiting for those RW's. One that I rolled was perf, and the other was REALLY low. I made a game to trade the Low one and some level 60 barb comes in and offers an ist for it. I tell him he'll have to add. He offers full Tal's so I take the trade. As sson as I'm in the lobby I see an "All for Tal's" game. I go in, what the guy is offering (full trade screen of crap) is maybe worth pul. So I told him to follow me to the Stony Field Waypoint (to avoid joiners), and I just drop the whole set on the ground and leave.

7. SirLardsAlot

SirLardsAlot IncGamers Member

Gave away all my old ladder characters stuff to people on here.

8. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

emptied a bunch of mules over some random newcomer in a 2-player game i made.

9. Shaigon

Shaigon IncGamers Member

Whispered random people on bnet and dished out 40+ hr's, along with many other usefull items last time I quit this game.

10. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

I drove a guy to the hospital

wait, no, I just gave him some free crap, what else would you do for bnet jerks?

11. skihard

skihard Banned

I went to a hell Act 1 Cain game and found one person working on getting Cain, after helping him get Cain I ask to see his equipment because he was dying non stop and he has no endgame items, nothing. He asked if I would help him get to act 5 so I said sure and came in with my druid mule and fully equipped him with end game elemental druid items, then rushed him to act 5, plus ancients. He told me after doing all this that I can have his forge and I said thank you but he can keep it that I wasn’t after his Rune drop but had the full mule and figured he would get more use from the items.

That was just this past Saturday afternoon.

12. Anumati

Anumati IncGamers Member

I usally drop low/mid lvl stuff I find mfing in games with low lvl chars, but not too long ago I decided it was time to clear out one of my old non ladder mules. So I joined a norm game that had about 3 people questing in it, waited till they were all out of town, and then scattered stuff all over rogue camp. Then I told them about it. That was to even it out, so it wouldn't all go to the guy with space and a fast connection. Some of the stuff I dropped included shimmering charms, sojs, +skill charms, and some random other crap. And a horadric cube.

13. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

about 2 months ago i was mfing and found 4 wf in one week the 4th one was found in ancient tunnels, and there was a low lvl new comer zon that did know any thing so i told them how to make a bow zon and since i was running and finding them often i thought id give it to him free and un'id

14. Starrider

Starrider IncGamers Member

I've given countless people, countless items... and I'm a poor, happy man because of it. :)

Reguards,
    Star

15. Agateryon

Agateryon IncGamers Member

heh u're just like me. I was selling the belt and tal rasha mask and i was asking 3 pgems for both. he said he just wanted the belt and i said 1 pgem then but he didnt read it, he gave 3 and i just droped 2 of them when i could've kept them :)

16. Starrider

Starrider IncGamers Member

It's nice to know I'm not the only decent person on Battle.net. :thumbsup:

Reguards,
    Star

17. zirilion

zirilion IncGamers Member

lol
    i emptied all me last ladder chars hihi :p

18. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Just like me - after I traded the runewords and Annihili :)

19. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

Well, there's nothing like giving free stuff to people who *really* need it. When I have the chance to find someone smart enough and sincere (you can tell by his gameplay / questions / stuff), I equip him from head to feet with decent gear.

Giveaways too. Yeah, that's a funny way to get rid of your extra-stuff. I've met people selling their extra-stuff to Charsi... That's a shame I think, well just my 2 cents :uhhuh: ...

- Frosty

20. wheel-of-doom

wheel-of-doom IncGamers Member

I give something like 40% of all I find away, mostly to people I've met on bnet and occasionally random people in free games. So far ive given away a 3% and 5% bk, 20 maras, an archon enigma, a fort, ists, and countless other things. I'm currently in the process of getting someone an enigma. I do lots of nice stuff. Be on the look out for SHAKOFEST, soon I'll have 23 shakos(the most a level one character can carry(with horadric cube)). When I get those 23 shakos I'm making a game and dropping all 23 of them. It gets boring if you get rich really fast so I have to set myself back.