Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Nice players on East realm

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by ornulf1, Mar 10, 2004.

1. ornulf1

ornulf1 IncGamers Member

Nice players on East realm

For some time I have read a lot about people complaining about the player community.

My experience is that if you are a nice guy yourself you meet many nice players.

Latest example was yesterday. After playing with two other players for an hour or so one player asked if I had an Amn rune. I said yes and we started a new Normal game for my mule and I gave her an Amn. She could have gone on her married way and that would have been it but she asked if I wanted a Sol in return, which I took. (Add to friend list)

I know, these are not high lvl Runes or difficult to get (I totally agree that you need to trade with higher lvl runes or high lvl items). But what I am getting at is that the people I have played with have all been nice. Every time I have helped someone it has been a very nice respond.

And many times I have gotten things myself. A few months ago I was in a NM game that I had created and this guy "Justin" showed up. We chatted for a few seconds and he asked if I wanted a rush, which I accepted. He then gave me some nice stuff without asking for anything in return.

The two keys that I have found is:

1: Be nice to other.
    2: Never ask for anything up front. Let the question come naturally.

There are probably tons of horror stories out there too. Probably tons of people in total disagreement with me...

Ohh well, be nice, be positive, help someone out!

Ornulf

2. Armor_Biff

Armor_Biff IncGamers Member

Yes, it can happen, but I mostly avoid public games because there is always someone acting like a moron (going hostile, begging for stuff, want to see my stuff...).

3. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

Watch out for those long-haired freaky people though. And public dueling games.

4. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Also watch out for the " I drop, you drop"
    type games.

5. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

Refreshing to meet peeps like that Orn.

Too bad they are the exception to the Bnet rule.....

6. Asylla

Asylla IncGamers Member

I went into a "duels" game with my lvl 87 barb one night. I had actually mis typed the game name (I was playing my lvl56 sorc and wanted to get my barb) and I had actually joined a low level duel game. I found out right away from the party screen. anyway, I said sorry guys, I joined the wrong game. It was cool, they didn't say "noob" or whatever, and I stayed a bit watching a lvl20 necro duel a lvl 20 barb.

Anyway, it was entertaining for a bit, and they were done after a while. The barb left and the necro said come on , lets duel. He went hostile on me and started firing bone spurs or whatever. I laughed and typed "what are you doing? He said just having fun.

I thought what the hell. I took him out with one hit of course. I didn't take his gold or anything. I said wait here, and came back with a wormskull. Junk to me, but good for him. I told him it was for having the balls to go hostile with someone almost 70 lvls above.

To me, that's what the game is about, having fun.

7. oneirik

oneirik IncGamers Member

nice

yeah i have found my diablo experiences to be on both sides, but for the main part they are pretty good. sure you get those annoying people who wont accept that they arent as good or think they have to prove somethig by killing everyone in the game. i find that if you can help out people in need they usually tend to return the favor later on. matter of fact i have helped alot of people in the last 3 weeks and made dozens of friends which are now f listed. so for anyone who is looking for a decent person to play with msg me if im on and can help i will *zex_5.

8. Xenon[XoA]

Xenon[XoA] Banned

Whats wrong with us long-haired freaky people? :scratch:

I don't mind givin out free stuff to people, long as they're not being a general *** in games. There do seem to be more nice ppl in lld games tho.

9. daskidude

daskidude Banned

hmmmmm, lvl 56 sorc, lvl 20 necro, 70 lvl difference, i just don't see it. shouldn't it be like 36 lvls?

i try to help people out. if someone is nice, i just add them to my friends list.

also, in a dueling game, if you loose dont always blame it on lag. i dueled a lvl 79 sorc in hell with my lvl 60 zon, i beat her a few time. she ***** at me because i didn't stand still or she just blamed lag. what a *****.

10. simplyLost

simplyLost IncGamers Member

i think you missed the part about the 87 barb ;\

but yea.. i don't mind giving lower level players items.. just hate it when you're doing a pubby run and you get a lower level come in the game and say "i'm in act1 someone come drop the drops in act1 for me" very annoying..

-Lost

11. daskidude

daskidude Banned

i thought it was the sorc in the game, lol. its would be 67 then not 70. but it rounds to 70

12. Asylla

Asylla IncGamers Member

HEh...sorry for the confusion, I tend to be a bit verbose sometimes.

13. Talon0835

Talon0835 IncGamers Member

What makes me angry is when people ask for something as trivial as a Perfect Diamond or something and then all these players say "wug." It's a Perfect Diamond for crying out loud. I gladly give people stuff if they need it (and aren't spamming "OMG GIMME STUFZ") and met some very nice people. I find the people (that say) they're over 20 to be the nicest people on battle.net.