Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

nice not-too-common merc weapon alternative

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by riplix, Jun 15, 2005.

1. riplix

riplix Diabloii.Net Member

nice not-too-common merc weapon alternative

well i had this 3os eth CV lying around and was wondering what to do with it.

i decided to put crecent moon in it and put it on my barbs merc. he seemed to be weak first but now he sometimes kills pretty fast and sometimes rather slow. max dmg is 7XX.

what do you think about crecent moon as a merc weap? waste of runes or kinda cool? the stats aren't that bad but i'm really wondering if its beaten by a non eth reapers.

10% Chance To Cast Level 17 Chain Lightning On Striking
    7% Chance To Cast Level 13 Static Field On Striking
    +20% Increased Attack Speed
    +180-220% Enhanced Damage (varies)
    Ignore Target's Defense
    -35% To Enemy Lightning Resistance
    25% Chance of Open Wounds
    +9-11 Magic Absorb (varies)
    +2 To Mana After Each Kill
    Level 18 Summon Spirit Wolf (30 Charges)

2. KillJoyBob

KillJoyBob Diabloii.Net Member

What is a "CV"?

I have used a Crescent Moon Polearm on an ACT-2 merc. It seems to work very well.

3. Angelclaw

Angelclaw Diabloii.Net Member

A CV is a Colossus Voulge, elite polearm. :thumbsup:

Acctually, I think it's kinda cool. I have one on my lightningsorc. And I think it's cool to try stuff instead of just doing what everyone else does. :)

4. skihard

skihard Banned

I've used cresent moon on my Iron Wolf merc along with a Spirt shield and he does rather nicely.

5. Sharaz

Sharaz Diabloii.Net Member

i made one like htat a month of so back. i wanted to see how it worked with baal runs, specifically when attacking baal. even at 7xx dmg, if the CTC static was jsut a little bit higher, that weapon would be quite a bit more potent. as it was, i ended up going back to my previous merc weapon, because the CTC static just didnt help out like if a lighting sorc is standing right there :)

6. SalivaMonster

SalivaMonster Diabloii.Net Member

while, not very expensive runewise, firepower is comparable to a bonehew. I used it on my lightning sorc for some time. Too bad the -35% LR doesn't apply to my attack. All in all, my merc still die sometimes, because this weapon don't have any LL, and if I keep a life tape wand on my weapon switch to safe my merc, I can't equip an lower resist wand to double my firepower against Meph. :(

Last week, I found a 5os eth polearm,:D I switch to obedience immediately, that monsterous stick is garantee to have 370%ED and give you 1K max dmg on weapon. For what cost? FAL + KO + junk rune only!