NF's 1.10 HC Berserker Guide

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Stormie: Yes, maths went astray there :D Probably made some mistake typing it into the calculator.

Steve: The ED on the bloodtree stump doesn't matter, all we want is the CB. Btw, are you sure you got everything correct there? The difference between the two war clubs can't be that big. The ~100% Extra ED of bonesnap only add about 53-78 damage. Are you sure you don't have one with might and one without?

Crudesash68

Diabloii.Net Member
Nightfish said:
Stormie: Yes, maths went astray there :D Probably made some mistake typing it into the calculator.

Steve: The ED on the bloodtree stump doesn't matter, all we want is the CB. Btw, are you sure you got everything correct there? The difference between the two war clubs can't be that big. The ~100% Extra ED of bonesnap only add about 77-106 damage. Are you sure you don't have one with might and one without?
No, both displayed without the might aura...here are the two for comparison:

Bonesnap
War Club
Two-Hand Damage: 204 to 301
Durability: 60 of 60
Required Strength: 124
Required Level: 30
Mace Class - Slow Attack Speed
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 75
Fingerprint: 0x1a763a85
+286% Enhanced Damage
Fire Resist +30%
Cold Resist +30%
200% Damage to Undead
40% Chance of Crushing Blow

Bloodtree Stump
War Club
Two-Hand Damage: 151 to 222
Durability: 100 of 100
Required Strength: 124
Required Level: 48
Mace Class - Slow Attack Speed
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 90
Fingerprint: 0x4704771b
+25 to Strength
+185% Enhanced Damage
All Resistances +20
+40 Maximum Durability
+3 to Mace Mastery (Barbarian Only)
150% Damage to Undead
50% Chance of Crushing Blow
+2 to Masteries Skills (Barbarian Only)

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
That's weird and doesn't really fit with what I thought I knew about ED. Oh, and I even made another mistake up there: It should read 53-78 damage for 100% ED.

I knew there was a good reason why I never go too deeply into these theoretical things. I just whack monsters and see if they die. If they do the weapon is good, if they don't it's not good. :teeth:

Crudesash68

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah...I find when I get too technical, it loses some of the fun value.

So, I think I'll start a CB barb! I will twink this one, however...maybe Cleglaws/Crushflange to start, then a regular Bonesnap, then the upgraded one, and so on...being a bit of a maniac however, I would likely use taunt with howl as well; I love to garner in the peskier beasts and whack the tar out of them, as well as the archers-they stop shooting for a sceond or two, and sometimes that is all you need.

Steve

Vajar

Diabloii.Net Member
Nightfish said:
Weapon: Elite Steeldriver (Shael)
Helm: Rockstopper (Res All Jewel / PRuby)
Armour: Shaftstop (Res All Jewel / PRuby)
Belt: Verdungo's Hearty Coil
Gloves: Laying of Hands
Boots: War Travellers
Ammy: Angelic Wings
Rings: 2 x Angelic Halo
Here's another good setup that hits the 13 frame BP and is, in my opinion, the best setup for two hander beserkers without going overboard.

Up'd Steeldriver - Shael
2x Warcry on switch

Arreats Face - ED (or resists if you need it)
Highlords
Shaftstop - UM
IK Gloves
Nature's Peace (raisers are a pain in the butt for beserkers)
Raven Frost
Verdungo's Cord
IK Boots

6 10 max GCs
6 resist all SCs

Here's an optimal one-hander / shield setup, hits 10 frame (second to fastest), 75% blocking, max DR%, great damage:

140 Str (+20 Arreats, +20 IK Gloves, +10 Twitchroe)
100 Dex (+20 Arreats, +20 Frost, +20 IK Gloves, +10 Twitchroe)
+Vit

Grandfather - ED
Stormshield - UM

2x Warcry

Arreats Face - FR/IAS
Highlords
Twitchroe - FR/IAS
IK Gloves
Nature's Peace
Raven Frost
Verdungo's Cord
IK Boots

6 10 max charms
2 resist all charms
4 vita charms

Floppydog

Diabloii.Net Member
I can't believe ya all forgot about Ribcracker! Shame on you! Ribcracker upgraded rocks the crap out of any Bonesnap/Steeldriver/Windsomething.

It's just awesome. And the 4 frame FHR isn't a problem either. Not to mention 50% Crushing.

I tried making a guide for very much the same type of barb as is written about here. Twinked tho.

It was kinda fun, but not a single person ever read my guide.

:(

Sint Nikolaas

Diabloii.Net Member
You didn't need to dig this thread up to just add the ribcracker..

there are ALOT better weapons and other armory out there which can suit this build very well, but this is HC untwinked and that means you will not find that ribcracker, trust me.
Besides, if you're going to twink your barb with items, you might aswell change the skill setup too.. giving him ''only'' that ribcracker makes it an entirely different build.

:drink: Sint

asdfgah

Diabloii.Net Member
A question about this build:

Can you beat the game with an exeptional (upgraded once) steeldriver? Or do you have to upgrade it twice to make it deal enough damage in hell?

Thanks for the guide NF :)

edit: can someone post stats of a steeldriver ogre maul?...

XDoomasX

Diabloii.Net Member
Upadete:

With 1.11 patch this build would greatly benifit from RW Treachery:

5% Chance To Cast Level 15 Fade When Struck
25% Chance To Cast level 15 Venom On Striking
+2 To Assassin Skills
+45% Increased Attack Speed
+20% Faster Hit Recovery
Cold Resist +30%
50% Extra Gold From Monsters

Almost 5 mins of fade gives you 60 res all and 15%dr.
During those 5 mins there's high chance that fade will be triggered again ;)
45% additional ias is amazing too. Defence doesnt matter (you are zerker).

One cheap godly armor for berserker barb.

chickenhed

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey Fish, if you're around :), I noticed your twinking items at the bottom of your guide there. None of those items have the crushing blow mod. Would you recommend switching out anything for bosses? Or leaving as is?

BTW, great guide. It's a fun build and I'm really enjoying it!

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Glad you're liking it ;) Sure, crushing blow is always nice vs bosses. For regular gameplay it's kinda useless on a zerker since he does so much damage that everything dies in 2 hits, regardless of whether you have CB or not.

chickenhed

Diabloii.Net Member
Nightfish said:
Glad you're liking it ;) Sure, crushing blow is always nice vs bosses. For regular gameplay it's kinda useless on a zerker since he does so much damage that everything dies in 2 hits, regardless of whether you have CB or not.
Wow, I didnt expect a reply so quickly from ya! Thanks fish; I will likely swap in my shael'd bloodtree stump for boss killin' then.

Again, great guide and its nice to see ya still lurking around here :)

ron

Diabloii.Net Member
Nice guide! I just deleted all my SC characters and started HC ones. I have never made a barb in SP, especially HC untwinked. This will get me pointed in the right direction!

chickenhed

Diabloii.Net Member
Nightfish said:
One more question, if I may :)
You mentioned that having damage goes to mana gear helps with mana regain, but I am having mana problems because when I warcry, everything is stunned! And very often I am not even being hit. So with the mana of warcry, and Berserk, I am running out fairly quickly. Maybe Mana after each kill? I would feel wierd socketing things with a Tir.... But maybe thats the way to go?

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Wow, I didnt expect a reply so quickly from ya! Thanks fish; I will likely swap in my shael'd bloodtree stump for boss killin' then.

Again, great guide and its nice to see ya still lurking around here
I just happened to be online ;) And yeah, I check back occasionally to see if I'm still remembered... XD

One more question, if I may
You mentioned that having damage goes to mana gear helps with mana regain, but I am having mana problems because when I warcry, everything is stunned! And very often I am not even being hit. So with the mana of warcry, and Berserk, I am running out fairly quickly. Maybe Mana after each kill? I would feel wierd socketing things with a Tir.... But maybe thats the way to go?
Dunno. I'm not a big fan of mana per kill on single-target chars like berserkers. It works a lot better (imho) on chars like necromancers who blow a dozen or more monsters in one shot. And of course they have a larger mana pool which helps regeneration. If you got something like 20+ mana per kill this could work for the zerker but I don't really see how you could reasonably do that without crippling the char in other areas.

Personally I've always done just fine with nightsmoke and the occasional blue potion. (Yes, potions... I mean, it's not so hard to pick them up every once in a while. The floor is basically covered in them...) And 50% damage goes to mana regens mana like o_O You get hit for 400 damage, you get 200 mana back. That's a lot of warcries.

Only time this doesn't help is vs mana burners. You definetly need pots there.

Before socketing tirs I'd socket Iths. I think those were 15% DgtM, right? It's been a while... That is definetly going to do more than 2 mana per kill you get from Tirs.

Ron, good luck with your char ;) I hope you enjoy him as much as I enjoyed mine.

Peppe

Diabloii.Net Member
Heh this sounds like a fun barb build.

I just made a frenzier and hit a wall in hell. My weapons just don't cut it... So i think i will try this berserker. And i have steel driver and a blood tree dealie, so i should have a decent time through nightmare and maybe even hell for a change ;)

I can just see it now wondering the plains out of mana daring mobs to attack me so i can convert the pain into mana and go berserk on them...