Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

NFL draft and what you want for YOUR home team!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ifrit18, Mar 6, 2004.

1. Ifrit18

Ifrit18 Banned

NFL draft and what you want for YOUR home team!

Kind of early but the NFL draft will be starting fairly soon and its time for teams to fill their holes in offense/defense.

1.) What does your NFL team need to fill?
    2.) Who do you think in the NFL draft will make a huge impact in the next NFL season?
    3.)Do you think your NFL team is making the right decison?

I'll start mine off :).

1.) Cowboys need to boost their offense badly. Possibly need a Veteran QB and definitely someone that can run the ball well.
    2.) Haven't kept up with the draft so can't comment.
    3.) Cowboys are trying to trade Joey Galloway for Keyshawn Johnson which I think is a great move! Joey was an okay reciever but I think Keyshawn would be more effective under Bill Parcells.

2. tydon

tydon IncGamers Member

1. Seahawks: They need: 1 Vetrean receiver, a good DE, they just picked up a good DT, a mediocre corner, as we have the best upcoming CB in the NFL, but the other side is weak, and they need a good all around LB.

2. No one in the draft will make a huge impact, hardly any do, one exception happened last year with the seahawks, with a rookie corner beating out a pro bowl CB for the starting job :), but that just doesnt happen very often.

3. The seahawks motto is usually to get the most talent available rather than a position, they have gotten some very very good people doing this, and I hope they keep doing this, as they said they would.

I think that until ESPN makes the draft articles readable by non insider members, I really feel like I am not really knowledgable enough to know the recruits very well, I really should just become an insider, I mean half their fricking articles I cant read...

3. Freemason

Freemason Banned

Don't discredit Ryan Dinwittie. He's one hell of a QB. I hope he ends up somewhere decent, like Tampa :thumbsup:

Unlike poor Brock Forsey, doomed to be screwed over by the Bears.

BTW, both from Boise State University :drink:

4. bigD72

bigD72 IncGamers Member

Atlanta
    1.) Healthy QB!
    2.) Give me that big play reciever!
    3.) 11 Pro-Bowlers on the defensive of the ball couldn't hurt :uhhuh:

5. nnndave

nnndave IncGamers Member

Ifrit, I want the cowboys to get Corey Dillan. Keyshawn was a good move, but Troy Hambrick must go...

6. SelfBaisResistor

SelfBaisResistor IncGamers Member

I think the Packers are more than set on offense with the resigning of Chad Cliffton. What they do need is a big play DE opposite KGB or a CB opposite Mike MacKenzie.

7. Ifrit18

Ifrit18 Banned

Yeah troy hambrick just is not cutting it. Duce Staley or Corey Dillon would be a hella lot better.

8. toader

toader Banned

Im in Tulsa...so my home team is the KC Cheifs.

I think the best thing they can do is keep their offense happy and pick up free agent or drafted defense.

They really need an allstar leader somewhere on defense, preferebly lineman or defensive back.

9. Croup

Croup IncGamers Member

The Giants need an offensive line like you wouldn't believe. It's their number one priority and although it's boring, it's absolutely necessary.

At some point, they also need to draft a new quarterback to replace Kerry Collins. If the Giants improve their O-Line, they can use Collins for a few more years. The problem is, when he's under pressure at all, he plays horribly.

They could also use a solid DT. Keith Hamilton is a great run stopper, but he gets hurt often and is getting older. A DE on the other side of Strahan wouldn't be bad either, but the DT is more important. Both the linebackers and defensive backs are young, but good. They need some experience and they'll be better.

And nnndave, the Cowboys don't want Keyshawn for Galloway. Galloway is insanely fast and a great big play receiver. Keyshawn is more trouble than he's worth and more money than he's worth. Corey Dillon wouldn't be a bad move at all either, but your main focus should be a QB. Quincy Carter will never be able to carry a team, and since you haven't put too much into him right now, switch while you can.

10. Ev_

Ev_ IncGamers Member

I'm in LA, but I don't give a crap about the Raiders. My Eagles need a big time wide receiver. Someone to match up with Donovan McNabb's greatness. They HAD a deal to get Terrell Owens until the 49er's screwed both the Eagles and TO over and sent him to the Ravens. Reports say that TO and his agent are pissed about the trade.

So I'm hoping that a lot of teams stupidly pass on Mike Williams and the Eagles are able to take him at pick #29. I hope coaches and owners buy into the bs that Fitzgerald and the two other Williams are better than Mike, and take them in his place, saving him for the Eagles.

11. Croup

Croup IncGamers Member

Sorry Ev_, but there's absolutely no way that Mike Williams will slip that far in the draft, especially with some teams truly needing WRs this year. To get him, they'd probably have to trade up in the draft.

More likely though, the Ravens, realizing how much trouble TO is usually, let alone the fact that he doesn't want to be in Baltimore at all, will try to work out a deal with the Eagles. It'll cost the Eagles more than it would have originally, but they desperately need a big play WR, and TO is the obvious choice right now.

12. Ev_

Ev_ IncGamers Member

Yeah, I know. I'm sure Baltimore will get sick of him soon. Especially since he doesn't wanna be there.

13. Raft Boy

Raft Boy IncGamers Member

Well, if the Ravens can get Ray Lewis and the other big name players to sweet talk TO, then who knows. With Jamal Lewis being in trouble with the feds, the Ravens need something on offense if he gets sent to jail or whatever, otherwise they're going to have a long season ahead of them.

Vikes need a defense and preferably an owner that would open up the freaking purse strings a bit. Antoine Walker seems like a good start, but with McCombs, you never know. Plus, there's talk of Moss being traded, but I seriously doubt that will happen. If it does happen , it's going to be a bad year for us. :grrr:

-Rafty

14. Lostprophet

Lostprophet IncGamers Member

I disagree, being a Ravens fan. Baltimore was one of the top teams on TO's list of teams he wanted to negotiate with as a free agent, which should indicate that maybe he does want to be there. TO will step in as the #1 reciever from the get-go, and will have the ball thrown in his direction. I guarantee it. Having a work-in-progress quarterback in Kyle Boller plays right into this situation, as TO won't feel like his spotlight is being crowded. Finally, Billick has great experience with "trouble" recievers, from his stint as OC of Minnesota (where he worked with.... TO).

As for the draft, I'm not sure the Ravens need anything is particular. They just picked up one hell of a reciever, they have among the best TEs in the game, the best MLB in the game, the best RB in the game, and fantastic special teams and defense. They could use a better kick returner, but that's certainly not a high draft priority. Basically, they don't need the draft, which is why the 2nd pick for TO trade was so brialliant. I have high hopes and expectations for my beloved Ravens this season.

15. Croup

Croup IncGamers Member

I kinda disagree on the whole TO thing. Whether or not he was interested in going to Baltimore, he had a deal all worked out with the Eagles and the 49ers treated him like garbage when they dealt with the Ravens. Just because he was interested before, doesn't mean he wants to be there now, especially since his contract with the Eagles was going to be HUGE.

You mention that he'll be the obvious #1 receiver, but since your other decent receiver is a TE, look for Owens to get double teamed constantly, bringing down his numbers and catches, especially considering that even with TO, the offense will still be based around Lewis and the run. And with Boller as a work in progress, TO can easily get frustrated if he isn't getting the catches and proper throws that he wants.

16. SelfBaisResistor

SelfBaisResistor IncGamers Member

I don't see how it could get much worse than last year.

17. Ifrit18

Ifrit18 Banned

Joey wasn't all that good this year as a WR.

18. nnndave

nnndave IncGamers Member

Yeah 3 touchdowns bleh. Joey, your 35. It was nice knowing you and you'll always be in our hearts. Its time to bring in some pocession recievers.

19. CaptJoe213

CaptJoe213 IncGamers Member

sorry my fellow texans, but how can anyone like the cowboys? For some reason they just make me sick...maybe it was because I saw what happened at Witchita Falls when they had camp there years ago...

though they are more tolerable now that Aikman's gone, that man's face makes me wanna commit some violence!

Speakin of the devil, Aikman, please, you're not foolin anyone in the wingstop commercial... *stands rigid, speaks in monotone* I like chicken wings :rant:

gogo Packers!

20. nnndave

nnndave IncGamers Member

How do you know Troy doesn't eat there all the time? Did you talk to his teammates personally? I'm pretty sure he likes the place. Think about it. Why would he do a commercial like that? For money? Hell no. He probably really likes them and wanted to help them out. He's a nice guy, its not out of the question.