NFL Draft 2: The Sequel

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
NFL Draft 2: The Sequel

blah! hungry hungry forums

here it is again

In less than 10 hours the draft will begin

San Francisco still holds the #1

WHAT WILL HAPPEN OMG SUSPENSE!?!?1/
 

Yaboosh

Diabloii.Net Member
I was surprised to hear that Adrian Mcpherson was such a prospect. I hadn't heard anything about him since he got kicked out of school.
 

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
Yaboosh said:
I was surprised to hear that Adrian Mcpherson was such a prospect. I hadn't heard anything about him since he got kicked out of school.
won't be surprised to see him go on day 1

I'd forgotten about him too

the draft is pretty flat, there are alot of good players available but the gap isn't that big, there's nobody that stands above the rest, so it'll be a great depth draft but hard to figure where the stars will be right now, so a guy like McPherson has a shot, where he might not have last year against Manning, Rivers, Roethlisberger, or Losman (nods @shinnock)
 

Beowulf

Diabloii.Net Member
Since I have been a Niners fan since the age of about 12 I an very interested to see who they take or if they trade. Now that the top QB is going back to school I wonder if they will still take a qb.
 

Beowulf

Diabloii.Net Member
Ash Housewares said:
it's begun, espn radio is available on espn.com if you don't have espn
Cool got to see if they take Smith or trade or go for something else. I still think they really really need a QB but what do I know.
 

SelfBaisResistor

Diabloii.Net Member
It will be a long time before my Packers pick. As for other Wisconsinness, I hope Erastmus James gets a good team as well as the rest of the Badger front defensive line.
 

Beowulf

Diabloii.Net Member
Necrolestes said:
Pick #1: Alex Smith. I don't think the 49ers will be stupid enough to trade him away.
I hope he turns out good. I do not think he will be traded afterall they do need a QB, I only see it happening if they can get a decent QB in return and another player to fill another hole.
 

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
#1-Alex Smith
#2-Ronnie Brown
#3-HAS to be Braylon Edwards

cleveland on the clock either they take him or trade him to whomever wants him more
 

Necrolestes

Diabloii.Net Member
Pick of the litter

Pick #3 = Edwards
Pick #4 = Cedric Benson
Pick #5 = Carnell Williams

I'm a little surprised at TB picking a RB over a QB but then again, TB isn't known for drafting well.
 

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
Necrolestes said:
Pick #3 = Edwards
Pick #4 = Cedric Benson
Pick #5 = Carnell Williams

I'm a little surprised at TB picking a RB over a QB but then again, TB isn't known for drafting well.
they've still got Simms & Griese, next year can be QB year, if they drafted a QB they wouldn't have used him at all
 

jimmyboy

Diabloii.Net Member
Wow, no one is taking Rogers. Hope my Raiders pick him up. We need a QB.

Wow, look at all those CBs go.
 

jimmyboy

Diabloii.Net Member
Williams would have loved it. But Chargers' D-line is in desperate need of help.

Then again a three-o of Brees, Toml, and Williams would've been nice.
 

Necrolestes

Diabloii.Net Member
Picks of the litter, part II

Pick #6 = Adam Jones
Pick #7 = Troy Williamson (should be a good fit)
Pick #8 = Antrel Rolle
Pick #9 = Carlos Rogers
Pick #10 = Mike Williams (they needed another WR)
Pick #11 = Demarcus Ware
Pick #12 = Shawne Merriman (the Chargers needed a guy like him)
Pick #13 = Jammal Brown
Pick #14 = Thomas Davis
Pick #15 = Derrick Johnson
Pick #16 = Travis Johnson
Pick #17 = David Pollack
Pick #18 = Erasmas James

Anyone else shocked that Aaron Rodgers is still on the market?
 

Frex

Diabloii.Net Member
Compared to other people who have contributed their insight to the draft, I'm actually not as shocked as they are over the Mike Williams pick. I've heard some inside information that some scouts think Williams would be a good tight end because he has reliable hands and should be able to outmuscle defenders on one-on-one battles. Maybe that's what Detroit had in mind? After all, a trio of Rogers + Roy Williams at WR and Mike Williams at TE doesn't sound too shabby.

I was disapointed when Dallas took Ware at #11. It's not necessarily because Ware is a bad player, but because they didn't take one of the hometown favorites Derrick Johnson and I figured he wouldn't be around for their #20 pick (which he wasn't :\ ).
 

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
Frex said:
Compared to other people who have contributed their insight to the draft, I'm actually not as shocked as they are over the Mike Williams pick. I've heard some inside information that some scouts think Williams would be a good tight end because he has reliable hands and should be able to outmuscle defenders on one-on-one battles. Maybe that's what Detroit had in mind? After all, a trio of Rogers + Roy Williams at WR and Mike Williams at TE doesn't sound too shabby.

I was disapointed when Dallas took Ware at #11. It's not necessarily because Ware is a bad player, but because they didn't take one of the hometown favorites Derrick Johnson and I figured he wouldn't be around for their #20 pick (which he wasn't :\ ).
Mike Williams will not play TE and Detroit signed Marcus Pollard in the off season
 
Top