Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Next Druid build???

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Sunjeet, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Sunjeet

Sunjeet IncGamers Member

Next Druid build???

I can't decide: Pure Fire, Pure Wind, or both? And if so of any, which skills? And also, which is best to last to beat Hell? Maybe I should do all 3...I don't know...

2. OCAU_MIKLE

OCAU_MIKLE Banned

Ive got a wind druid and hes ok. He used the aldures set whilst i look for that damned VEX (only 3 um's away!). Hes got a bit of killing power and fun to play. Ive never played a fire druid so i can't offer any advice on that.

- OCAU_MIKLE.

3. corax

corax IncGamers Member

Wind druids are the most powerful of the 3 as they have good offence and good defence and dont need uber equipment to kill in hell, but it certainly helps. Tornado is the main attacking skill with hurricane as a backup for PI's and too slow approaching monsters

Fire druids are viable but kill slower than wind druids, but you get a greater variety of choice for main attack. Volcano and firestorm will generally became the main skills with molten boulder and fissure being used for certain situation.

For a hybrid IIRC it takes alot of specific gear to make it viable through hell.

4. Gouda

Gouda IncGamers Member

Why not a fire-summoner?
    AE wrote a guide for it in HC, so it should be very viable.

http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=550

It gives you a lot of options to fill in, and develop your own playing style.

HAve fun,

Gouda

5. isengart

isengart IncGamers Member

I play a druid that roughly follows this guide in AQT III. He is HC, untwinked, has no point in vit (still 25), no shield, no melee merc and is currently in nightmare act 2. I play at p5 or p4. p8 is possible but killing takes quite a while.

The build is no killing machine at high speed but I consider it quite safe. I had no NDE so far. If safety is what you consider viable, I can recommend this build. If it is killing speed, go for the wind druid.