Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Next-Delay on Druid's Tornado

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by FrostBurn, Aug 29, 2006.

1. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

Next-Delay on Druid's Tornado

Tornado, apparently, has a 25 frame delay. The Druid's FCR breakpoints are:
    Code:
    [U]FCR[/U] [U]FPC[/U]
    0 18
    4 17
    10 16
    19 15
    30 14
    46 13
    68 12
    99 11
    163 10
    So why is it that many Windy druid players aim for 99% FCR? If the next delay for Tornado is 25 frames, and with 99% FCR, the attack sequence in frames will be 0 to 11 to 22 to 33, which is hit-miss-miss-hit. In other words, 2 out of 3 Tornadoes will always miss due to next delay when spamming at 11 fpc.

Or am I reading this wrong?

2. ToThePoint

ToThePoint IncGamers Member

windys also use teleport and as you cant aim well its random which tornados would get a 'hit check' anyway

3. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

That's a good point. Although I was thinking more along the lines of once I manage to get my Tornadoes hitting a stationary target in PvM (for example Lister and Co.). At that stage, and at 11 fpc, then 2 out 3 will miss, right?

4. seralph

seralph IncGamers Member

Afaik this 25 frames delay belongs to a single tornado, since it's a pricing attack with damage radius 2 meters, and a slow travel speed. A windy would be the ultimate killer when he could hit a single monster with the same tornado twice or more.
    I played one for a while and it was a great improvement having 99fcr and is quite easy to get with different gear setups.
    And the direction is definitively not random, throw a screen full of 1 gold at floor to get a grid and try it out.

seralph