Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Next char?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by GlobZ, Apr 10, 2008.

1. GlobZ

GlobZ IncGamers Member

Next char?

Hi there, sorry it's me again, I have lots of questions. :rolleyes:

I was wondering :)scratch:) wich class I should make next? I wanted to make a tank and deal tons of damage but I'm guessing I won't be able to have both on 1 character? (barb) When theres more than 4-5 people, even with the best guears, my Zon lacks damage in CS. I'd have to go with a sorc? Since I don't wanna make a pally. Is there also any particular build you recommend for a sorc? or a barb if he can run CS better than a Zon but I really doubt that. Links to guides or how I should skill/guear my char would be really appreciated!!!

p.s: I'm talking CS because Baal gets so boring sometimes!!! it makes me ZZZZZ:cloud9:

Thanks 100 times!! I'll try not to make too many threads in the future, I feel like Im abusing the good people in here lol.

2. Copilot

Copilot IncGamers Member

Re: Next char?

CS = IM

a barb would be suicide.

3. prion

prion IncGamers Member

hammerdin is the obvious choice but you don't want that. There's one type of each immunity so any caster is going to be hindered. I guess i would suggest a CL orb sorc, CL for main since the light immunes are finger mages and they aren't a big danger. You can lightning everything else and take care of them with orb.

4. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Depends on what you're planning on running CS for. If it's exp then a barb wouldn't be a good idea, but if it's just to kill D for drops then you could use a berserker. I made one in the last ladder season who was able to run chaos in ~4 player games without too much difficulty. Just use leap/leap attack and howl to ignore all the monsters and press the seals (killing just the unique monster and howling his minions away) to spawn D. Make good use of Battle Cry too while your at it, especially on D himself.

5. GlobZ

GlobZ IncGamers Member

Thanks Orphan but I wanna run full games. I'll definatly make a barb for other use anyways. (those guys with a spear in each hand lol that looks cool)

Well, I partied with sorcs and they killed so much faster in full games. I guess I could make a pally but theres some things I don't like about them.

1)half of them are.... yeah you know.
    2)theres too many of them so that brings to 3....
    3)their expensive!!!

6. synx

synx Diablo: IncGamers Member

Paladins are actually very cheap to make compared to other classes (cold/fire sorcs, and fishys being the exceptions).

If you're serious about clearing 8p chaos games with any speed, that pretty much puts you with either a zon, a hammerdin, or a light sorc.

7. Mcwhopper

Mcwhopper IncGamers Member

I think that of those three classes mentioned the Hammer is obviously the cheapest and best allrounder.

I think a light zon or a light sorc would do the job a lot quicker, but they need expensive stuff most noteably an Infinity. That's not cheap to get by.

8. GlobZ

GlobZ IncGamers Member

Hmmm alright thanks. I'll have to do a hammerdin since their alot more versatile and cheaper than I though. I won't have a hard time finding guides on those, thats for sure. :p

9. prion

prion IncGamers Member

enigma is the expensive part, if you don't need that you can make a hammerdin with cheap gear

10. oodjob

oodjob IncGamers Member

Let us not forget that Windy Druids can clear out very fast as well.

11. synx

synx Diablo: IncGamers Member

Yeah but you actually need to invest in high-end gear for a windy to even put out a fraction of the damage an overpowered hammerdin can do with cheap gear.