Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Next char for my septemvirate?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Ergroilnin, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Ergroilnin

Ergroilnin IncGamers Member

So guys,

it seems like I am raining new topics, I don't know if that is a problem or not, if it is please let me know.

However I would love your input on what char to make next. When I came back to Diablo II two months ago I decided I wanted to make every char at least once and I started with Fishymancer, got him to lvl 90, then I made FO/CL sorc and got her to 91. Now I am just about to finish my FoH pally (gonna park him at lvl 90 too) and I am starting to wonder which character I am going to make next.

I am pretty much set on builds for all the chars:

Barb - titan pdr zerker
    Sin - pure BFer
    Zon - Frostmaiden
    Dood - Windy

Now I obviously only have stuff that I found with my 2.5 chars so nothing too great but decent at least I guess and I am not really sure which one of these four would make the best next char. Any ideas?

As of now, I don't really have any preferences to any of them since I eventually want to make them all but I want to make the one that still kind of kick ass with lower middle tier gear.

2. GooberGrape

GooberGrape IncGamers Member

Windy will be awesome with crap gear, I'm confident you could beat the game naked with that build. Barb will actually do well too, but require a bit more player skill with howl/taunt. Zon would do better as a Fishyzon (lightning and frost). No experience on the Assassin.

3. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

If you can make a decent zerker weapon (any high dmg wep afaik) then either it or the windeh are your best choices imo.

Frost maiden works fine with insight merc + harmony on zon for some extra ice splash dmg + vigor aura <3. You can use 1 pt strafe with either a backup wep or just with harmony (fire, lite, etc. dmg) to kill CIs.

I have no idea for BF sin except that you need to be very careful about what mods you aim for, and a 1H wep is best... something like stormlash, lacerator (on switch at the very least, if you have it!), or schaeffer's hammer all work great I think

4. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

I'd be happy with the Frostmaiden amazon. You will need to chug potions at times, even with Insight, but it's a fun character, and since the skill doesn't depend on weapon damage, can be done untwinked without needing a great bow. As said though, potions, potions, potions.

Windy untwinked will definitely work fine, and quite a fun character. Good to get to have in case you decide to do any PvP (if that still happens here,) as Windy's are a great PvP char.

For Assassin, if you're only going to make one, I'd go with Phoenix Striker, WW'sin or Trapsin, in that order.
    Phoenix Striker plays differently to any other character, and even untwinked works fine. They have so much crowd control, solid damage, Mind Blast, Cloak of Shadows, hotkey swapping, numerous visual effects and attacks, basically no real immunities and fun. Definitely first choice for an Assassin.

Blade Fury isn't bad, but... I just don't consider it fun. You just hold the RMB down, and shoot Blades - there's no variety to the character, there's not really any special effects or animations or visuals. It's fine if you've tried other 'sins out, but for a first, kickass 'sin that's do-able untwinked, Phoenix Striker's are a blast.

5. SunsetVista

SunsetVista IncGamers Member

Those all look like fun!

I think the wind druid is the easiest to make kickass without excellent gear. You might want a nicer weapon for the other 3 builds you mentioned.

6. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

I like all of SSogs Ugly Builds.

I can't find them here anymore but they are on the amazon basin site under his same name.

But I found a great quote from him I will leave you.
    http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/...making-your-own-build-if.570083/#post-5628688

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
    coju likes this.
  7. Pyrotechnician

Pyrotechnician IncGamers Site Pal

Zon and druid will be the least gear dependent, so go for one of them first.

The PDR barb requires a specific set of gear so it might take some time to accumulate a bunch of useful PDR items (i.e. shopping), so if you are ready to be bored for a while before building it, go for it.

The sin requires a useful 1 hander, those listed above by others work fine, but pretty much something with a nice chance to cast effect or specific mods that transfer to the blades.

8. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

I made mine with an eth Fleshripper - worked really well. Cloak of Shadows and Mind Blast for crowd control, and maxed Death Sentry to clear the screen. The only real hiccough was with Hell Ancients. A fun build.

Edit: Standard mods on a Fleshripper - not a bad one in the bunch:

+200-300% Enhanced Damage
    -50% Target Defense
    Prevents Monster Healing
    25% Chance of Crushing Blow
    50% Chance of Open Wounds
    33% Chance of Deadly Strike
    Slows Target by 20%

pharphis likes this.
  9. Ergroilnin

Well thank you guys for all of your advices so far!

At the moment I am getting done my FoH pally, just OT, what is better for pindle? Is it FoH or is Holy Bolt beter? And generally what's best equipment for that for MFing

Anyway after I finish the pally, I am most probably going to end up with frostmaiden next since I have quite lots of very decent bows.) I don't have quite enought PDR stuff for barb, neither do I have HOTO etc for my windy and well BF sin is quite specific and would probably love some high level twinkled itamz, so she is prolly going to end up as a last char,

10. pharphis

With the very little testing I did specifically with pindle, I think using both FoH and holy bolt is better. Maximize the holy bolt dmg, and use it between FoH casts, which should be targeted at pindle himself (if he's moving toward you). If pindle is stationary (fighting merc?) then cast it beside him to weaken the whole pack

11. Pb_pal

Pb_pal IncGamers Member

I've never made one, but I doubt you need HOTO for an effective windy. Dual spirits with a decent pelt should be fine, no?

Either way, good luck with whatever you choose!

12. Ergroilnin

Well thank you guys for your input, in the end I am going for the barb but slightly changed after I hit that last half level with my FoHer to 90.

While I was pindlin with my pally, I got IK cage so now I have full IK set so I am wondering if I should use that or go straight for more normal equip? While I like the PDR build, I will be putting that aspect down for the moment since I don't really have any PDR equip.

I want to have all possible points in str + might merc + fully synergised zerk for max lcs dmg since I am _that_ person who masterbates to high numbers and since this is SC it doesn't really matter if the survivability isn't the best.

So back to the question about the equip: full IK or stuff like high ed upgraded ribby, laying hands, duress, cb boots etc?

13. bodry

bodry IncGamers Member

GOGO Immortal King Barb. It's awesome!

14. GooberGrape

IK all the way, it's a really solid set. Sockets provide for a little customization too. Sounds fun!

15. Ergroilnin

Oh well, few pindles before lvl 90 I finished mavinas so I am actually going for the frostmaiden :D The question is, strafe or multishot? And is dex good on frostmaiden enough to sacrifice vita?

EDIT: Also I never crafted before but is it possible to craft 20 IAS 2 bow skills knockback + stats/resists gloves?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  16. pharphis

17. Ergroilnin

What about Valkyrie guys? I always used to max her out for uber tank but now I am not so sure since everyone and their mother says that it should only be at lvl 17 with +skills for War Pike. Since it's Frostmaiden, she has quite a lot of those and with +6 valk harmony bow on switch it's just few hard points.

But really I don't know what to do with the rest of the points anyway? 20 FA, 20 CA, 20 Strafe, xx valk, 1 all prereqs and all other passive skills. That leaves me with quite a lot of free skills and since I don't want any javelin skills at all and neither do I want fire arrows is there really anything better than valkyrie? Perhaps enough valk for lvl 27 (complete equipment) and rest to decoy?

18. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

I do like having a decoy that can take a few hits. If you're not using WWS on switch for CI / PIs, maybe some in magic arrow?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

19. Pyrotechnician

Pyrotechnician IncGamers Site Pal

You can dig up my guardian thread if you want (should be in the completed builds listing). But I never really saw a need for a tough tank since everything was usually frozen anyway so I sunk my extra points into passives (D/A/E, Crit Strike, Pierce, Penetrate) until they had terrible diminishing returns.

Also note that the +6 valk on harmony bow is limited to +3 when used on the class that has the skill. So if you are using mav set switching actually shouldn't provide you a higher valk since you lose the full set bonus.

Crafting 2/20 knockback gloves won't be too difficult, but getting a bunch of really good mods to go with it could take a few tries. Also frozen enemies won't be knocked back if I remember correctly.

Multishot vs. Strafe is a preference thing, just check to make sure your hitting your breakpoints using either or as they have different IAS needs. Also remember any CTC effects you have will only proc with the center 2 arrows using multishot.

20. GooberGrape

I don't like using Valkyrie because I don't like Avoid or Evade. But there's also not a whole not to do with the points either. As far as knockback gloves, I always used Cleglaws on strafers. Something about knockback + slows target that just makes me happy.