Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Newfound Ber

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Ergroilnin, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Ergroilnin

Ergroilnin IncGamers Member

Hello guys,

so today I lucked out and got new Ber during my chaos run and now I am thinking about what to do with it.

I eventually plan on making RW grail so I want to make them all. So far I only got Enigma as far as Ber goes.

Should I wait for second Ber and make Infinity before anything else or should I go for more fun RWs like Beast?

2. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

Infinity, it is useable for so many builds.

krischan and Kitteh like this.
  3. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

I think you don't need Enigma on SP that urgently. Roll up a good map and half of the reasons for having it are gone. Rather than waiting for Jah, I suggest to wait for a second Ber and make Infinity. That's more of a significant change to the better. IMO, Enigma come after that. BTW, if you don't have a Faith GMB yet, that would - to my taste - be a better use of a Jah rune instead of finishing Enigma.

Fun RWs are only fun if you already have all the really good ones :).

4. Gripphon

Gripphon IncGamers Member

Now I'm confused, did you finish your Enigma or not? Because if you didn't ---> then it depends on your playing style. If you wanna be competitive farmer to other players, you need Enigma. End of story.

Exception is sorc, she obviously has her teleport and Enigma is of a little benefit to her. If you play mostly sorcs, then obviously Infinity is logical runeword to get regardless do you have Enigma or not.

If you don't care for efficient farming, you can obviously use whatever armor and can focus toward Infinity. If you have Enigma, then Infinity masterrace next target.

5. Zenigma

Zenigma IncGamers Member

From my understanding, it appears he already has the enigma. Infinity probably has the most utility of the runewords that require a ber.

When it comes down to what you make with it, I tend to recommend making what provides the most fun. If you think you'll have more fun with beast, make that first. If you think you'll have more fun with infinity, make that first instead. Given that you play enough, you'll find more; you shouldn't worry as though you will never get one again

6. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

Yes, Infinity. Or Chains of Honor, which is very good too, although not as gameplay-changing as Infinity.

7. MizzouFTW

MizzouFTW IncGamers Site Pal

I actually agree with this. I've been running lk ruble time in hopes of making an enigma. The more I think abut it a 99 run with a sin would be just as easy with a superb map and I could wear CoH for added safety. I vote infinity first and then focus on the other stuff.

8. NorthDakota

NorthDakota IncGamers Member

If you're going to build sorceresses then infinity. If you want to play a variety of classes then enigma.

9. NanoMist

NanoMist IncGamers Member

As someone who is currently leveling a trap assassin to 99, I'd say Enigma is a must for efficient leveling. I'm cringing at the thought of running through thousands of Baal and Nihlathak runs without teleport. There's more time to be saved by running LK for Enigma than running 99 out by foot.

To OP, I'm also in the Enigma and/or Infinity first camp, depending on the character.

10. MizzouFTW

MizzouFTW IncGamers Site Pal

I've been following your progress. I read through the untwinked 99er's thread paying special attention to your updates. I'm a big fan of sins ^^

I'll heed to your knowledge on the matter then

11. Ergroilnin

Ergroilnin IncGamers Member

Oh sorry guys if I worded my first post poorly. What I meant is that I already did make an Enigma which I am quite happy with.

So far after all your input I am leaning towards trying to make my first Infinity ever and go for more fun RWs like Beast after. It's just that spending that one HR and making something beautiful immediately is so tempting!

12. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

In that case, Infinity for each character that deals elemental damage. BTW, Infiinity also reduces enemy defense, so it's very useful for summon necros as well.

The question about the usefulness of CoH and Beast depends on what you are typically doing with your characters. If it's mainly about item finding, there are better alternatives in most cases, but that might be a matter of taste.

Apart from that, I love the cozy feeling that there are a few unused HRs in my stash. I have four Sur and a Ber rune, so I could make Enigma on the spot, but I won't, also because I would have left nothing but an Ohm and a few Gul runes. If I had a fifth Sur, I might do it, however.

13. d2fan

d2fan IncGamers Member

well, beast is only really good on necro, and you know what is better then beast (on a summoner)? enigma(infinity too)

so i would save, but its ok, with 1.13 the runes are flying ;)

if you want style, then you can always make eternity in a phaseblade for a revive-enchantress or slam the ber in an azurewraith

14. dysgenics

dysgenics IncGamers Member

Mind blown

I wanted an enchantress so this sounds amazing to me, really gonna do this I reckon

For on topic: Infinity is absolutely amazing, especially for any lightning damage characters. When you've got you'll probably wonder why you didn't immediately grind for it in the first place :)

pharphis likes this.
  15. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

Beast enables Bear builds for non-Druids. That's where the fun part is.

Also, about runes, and specifically HRs, dropping left and right since 1.13 ... I have seen this statement a lot here at the SPF, and partially I understand it. I mean, if you have been playing SP for years, you'll probably be swimming in runes by now. But if you are only starting over again, and / or if you only play rather casually, it will still take a long time to find what you want.

16. Gripphon

Gripphon IncGamers Member

For a casual players everything in diablo will be rather rare ^^
    To be completely accurate, obtaining runes is easy job given enough time. They are still not obtained easily if you need them immediately. You still have to run with dedication those week or two to get something, while players who don't need runes would in those 2 weeks obtain several extra runes to collect dust in stashes. Or, to make eth CoH for merc, eth Fortitude for merc, reroll Griefs...

Biggest truth for diablo is: when you need something, you will piss blood to get it. When you don't need it, game will drop it all the time. Exception is Zod, that guy game won't drop whether you need it or not.

pharphis and Atratees like this.