Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Newer player(first character) looking for sorc and sin items der=0

Discussion in 'US East Standard - Ladder' started by genjaguar, Apr 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. genjaguar

genjaguar IncGamers Member

Newer player(first character) looking for sorc and sin items

Hello,
    My girlfriend and I have started playing Diablo II while we wait for D3 to come out. We made it through normal and nightmare fine. We tried hell but we are getting destroyed(on the Andy quest now...but boy was it hard getting there...with all the deaths we're probably lower in experience then when we started hell). I'm mostly thinking it's because of the gear we have (nothing too special, we only have our one and only character each). I've been trying to farm the end nightmare bosses but nothing great has dropped.

She is playing a CL/orb sorc and is at lvl 78.
    I'm playing a Phoenix Striker sin and I'm at lvl 77.

I know my resists are pretty low and so I've been trying to farm for the gear for both of us. However with not much magic find I don't get very many good drops.

Anyways, with the story done. I'm mostly looking to trade for anything useful for either of those characters. Don't have much to offer...mostly runes that we have picked up. I do have a Herald of Zakamur and the Fetid Sprinkler that I picked up...not sure if those are even worth anything.

As for runes I mostly have low level runes...highest being an Um. I have a couple Io but other than that just normal low level runes (is Countess nightmare worth to rerun for decent runes?).

If anyone is interested let me know. I'm usually on every night and will be for a couple more hours tonight.

Thanks

2. Bagger

Bagger IncGamers Member

Re: Newer player(first character) looking for sorc and sin items

PM me your account name or leave it here, I'll see what I've got and contact you in game tonight if I can catch you online. I'll be logging in shortly.

3. genjaguar

I'll either be on my sin (genjaguar) or her sorc (luisethedreamer).

4. Tazzaxe

Tazzaxe IncGamers Member

I'll go look through my mules. I should have a low end cta to spare. I'll pm you tonight after work.

5. edistotiger

edistotiger IncGamers Member

NM Countess isn't really worth doing unless you are specifically looking for a low-end rune. She commonly drops up to Io and has an extremely low chance of dropping Lum and Ko.

I've got a few things i can give you guys to help you get going. I know i have a Credendum belt and an upped Vipermagi laying around you can have. Both of those will help with resists. I might have a couple of other things too.. I'll check when i get home.

6. battbot

battbot IncGamers Member

Hey what kinda items u guys looking for? I stopped picking up hard to trade items like shakos and low maras. But if guys are in need of equipment i can start picking them up again. Give me a list of items and I can hook you up. I can already give you a pretty decent assassin torch that I have on a mule somewhere. I also have the complete Tal set and some shakos i can give you guys for free.

7. raymadin

raymadin IncGamers Member

You guys will find that most of the stuff that might seem worthless actually has some value. I would keep all perfect gems, especially the perfect amethysts, rubies, and sapphires; 40 of those can net you an ist to a HR from the in-game market value. Same applies to jewels too, though be cognizant of which ones are junk and which ones might have some value (generally the increased attack speed ones with 2nd mod). And then there are the spirit rune sets (hel, tal, thul, ort, amn). As you can probably see from these forums, sets of these can net you some nice runes (or items) in return. So from a person who is starting out, I would seek to collect these items to build your own personal wealth for future item trading.

8. FromCrimsonToWool

FromCrimsonToWool IncGamers Member

This is great advice! Thanks for re-enforcing this for me Ray. I've just about completed a set of 'junk' jewels that I'm planning to auction, and my perfect gems have bought me quite a lot here, in terms of utility.

But really, the biggest thing( and the thing that I didn't plan and love the most ) is the generosity of the people here. Really, the generosity of people in general.I've had someone just give me more currency runes than I had ever seen before. Not to mention the other super cool person that gave me a Necro torch. Granted it was 'low level', but you don't see me complaining! :jig: Either way that's +3 skills, +to attrib, +to all res, and more.

I would be quite destitute( read 'poor' ) indeed without these things. True MFing can be quite the grind, and I haven't had to do *any* true MFing yet.

Point is, you've got to be in to win. :nod::yes::jig::wink::alright:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  9. Tazzaxe

Tazzaxe IncGamers Member

You wont believe this but someone just handed me tals wand and ammy for free. lol lemme find you guys

10. FromCrimsonToWool

FromCrimsonToWool IncGamers Member

SEE?! :yes: :nod: :alright:

11. genjaguar

Yeah I have been amazed at the generosity of the people here for newer players. I thank all of you that have give me and my gf items (and those that are willing to give even more). I think her sorc is pretty well set (especially if taz has the wand and amy). For my assassing I am trying to get natalyas set (only have boots so far) so I have been looking for stuff to trade for that.

I did manage to gamble a +3 traps/27 dexterity amulet but not even sure if that is worth something (I wouldn't use it since i'm MA).

Thanks for the good advise on the gems and runes. I have been making spirits for her sorc character (managed to pick up a monarch last night farming pits so I'll stick a spirit into that). As for gems...truthfully I haven't been saving them. I was using them to either craft rings or ammys (rubys and amethysts) or using 3 to reroll grand charms hoping for a skill one.

Currently, like I said her sorc seems pretty well off in gear. My assassin is a bit behind (my bags are full of grand charms giving me resistances or skills thanks to the generosity of the people from here). My assassin is still low on resistances (have to be using fade mostly...not sure if you're suppose to in hell anyway instead of bos) but I'm guessing thats mostly from not having natys set.

Either way, going through hell last night after the upgrades was much easier. We made it to act 2 with no real problems. Gonna try playing some more tonight and see how it goes.

12. Tazzaxe

Tazzaxe IncGamers Member

pretty well off? I saw she stole your shako for her sorc :p

13. Tick

Tick IncGamers Member

I got some stuff you might need, whispering you now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.